- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva and tony go on stakeout, and talk turns to soulmates
"Dinozzo!" GIbbs called out "David!"

They looked up form their desks.
"get down to the warehouse and relive mcgee and lee"

Ziva and Tony grabbed their back packs.

They arrived at the warehouse, the lights weren't on in the small flat above where they were keeping surveillance.
"Do you think everything is ok?" Ziva asked
"Dunno, but we better check it out"

THey went up the stairs, they heard a loud crash from the apartment and Tony and Ziva both took their guns from their waists and knocked on the door.
"McGee!, Lee!" Tony called out "open up!"

McGee came to the door, the room was extremely dark, only lit by a camping light standing on teh coffee table, Lee was sitting with an ice-pack on her leg, palmer beside her.
"What happened?" Tony asked returning his gun to its holster
"Well the power went out around 2 hours ago, and michelle tripped over some of the boxes and twisted her uncle so ducky sent palmer up, she's not gonna be able to come on surveillance tomorrow so Abby's coming instead" McGee told them, looking excited at the prospect of spending the day with Abby.

"Ok, you can go now, we've got it covered"

Palmer and McGee helped Agent Lee up and Tony and Ziva watched them on the laptop screen (the laptop is being powered by a generator) leaving the building and getting into a little black car parked in the alley way behind them.

Ziva opened her bag and searched through it with a torch and retrieved some rice and herbs, she found Some lamb in the fridge and got to work making a lamb rice dish (baghali polo) her persian friend had taught her how to make.

Tony kept an eye on the camera's while she cooked, but also kept one eye on her. He couldn't help it, he'd felt drawn to her since the very moment she's first arrived at NCIS making a wisecrack about phone sex.

around an hour later Ziva and Tony were sitting on the sofa beside each other eating their dinner. Ziva was sitting staring into space.
"Hey Ziva, watcha thinking about?"
"something"
"what?"
"You know when we were in the hospital that time, near the vending machine and i asked you about soul mates?"
"Yeah, i was an idiot"
"So you do understand"
"Ziva, of course i understand"
"Have you met her yet?"
"or him" Tony said with a laugh, seeing Ziva frown he added "just joking"
"Well have you met your soulmate yet Tony?"
"Yeah, i think i have" Tony replied, Ziva's heart skipped a beat "What about you?"
"I think i have met my'n as well"
"Where is he?" Tony asked nervously, trying not to show it " in israel??"
"No, he is not, he is beside me" Ziva looked out the window again "what about you, is she just another bimbo?"
"NO definitely not, she's the most amazing, beautiful woman i have ever met, and I'm lucky enough to be sitting beside her"

Ziva smiled flirtatiously and leaned towards Tony who took her face in his hands and kissed her passionately on the lips.