- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The story continues...
"Into The Frying Pan (Chapters 11, 12, & 13)"

Chapter Eleven---

The bedroom door opened again a little bit later, and a familiar figure dashed inside.

"Mr. Gibbs!" Ms. Rosie cried, kneeling at the older man's side.

Ms. Rosie cradled his head in her arms, patting his cheek every few seconds or so.

"Come on. Wake up!" she repeated over and over, desperately.

After a few minutes passed Gibbs began to come back around. His eyes fluttered open and then shut, and then back open.

"Come on, come on."

"Wha-what hit me?" Gibbs mumbled.

"Mr. Gibbs," Ms. Rosie said urgently, as she helped him sit up straight. "They took him!"

"Too-took who?" Gibbs asked, shaking his head.

"Anthony!" Ms. Rosie cried.

"Ton-Tony. Tony!" Gibbs cried out, everything making perfect sense again.

Gibbs pulled himself to his feet with some help from Ms. Rosie.

He tried to walk out of the room but the bump on the head was apparently effecting his equilibrium, so he had to have help from Ms. Rosie.

The two of them made their way back out into the hallway, slowly, taking it one step at a time as they made their way down the hall.

"How long was I out?" Gibbs asked, rubbing his eyes with his free hand.

"I do not know," she replied. "I got up to get a cup of tea, and that is when I noticed the car was gone." she explained.

"Who's car?" Gibbs asked, looking up at Ms. Rosie.

"Mrs. DiNozzo's." she replied, re-positioning herself under Gibbs' weight as they continued down the hall.

Gibbs shook his head again, trying to clear the rest of the fog that had not yet dissipated.

"She's in on it then too." Gibbs said aloud, without really meaning to.

"Sir?" Ms. Rosie said, with a quizzical look at Gibbs.

"I'll explain later," he replied, shaking his head. "Right now we need a car and my cell phone." he added.

"We can use my car." Ms. Rosie offered.

"Good, you'll probably have to drive anyway."

They finally reached the room that Gibbs and Tony had been sharing that night, and Ms. Rosie helped Gibbs to throw on some clothes so that he would have on more than just his boxer shorts.




A few minutes later Ms. Rosie helped Gibbs into the passenger seat of her car, and then she ran around and jumped into the driver's eat. As Gibbs struggled to fasten his seatbelt he noticed, out of the corner of his eye, Dr. McGreggor's car sitting in the driveway.

"Damn." Gibbs muttered under his breath.

He knew what seeing the good doctor's car sitting in the driveway meant. It meant that he was right, and that being true he also knew he did not have a lot of time left to find Tony before it was too late.

Ms. Rosie started up the car, and then they were off.

As they pulled out of the long driveway, Ms. Rosie fished around in her purse until she found her cellphone. She proceeded to hand Gibbs her cellphone.

"It is not yours, but-" she started to say, as they reached the end of the driveway.

"It'll do." Gibbs said taking the cell phone from her.

He flipped it open, and quickly dialed the number to Abby's lab.

"Come on Abs, I hope you're there." he muttered under his breath, as he listened to the ringing in the background.




At NCIS headquarters--down in the lab--Abby was fast asleep at her desk with Bert the Hippo, head on her arms, in her office. The phone ringing startled her out of her deep slumber.

"Hunh wha-" she mumbled sleepily.

"The phone. The PHONE!" she cried out, realizing what was going on.

She reached for her desk phone, and almost dropped it onto the floor as she yanked it off of its base. Once she had recovered the phone she hit the talk button and held it to her ear.

"Gibbs?" she said into the phone.

"Abs, thank God!" Gibbs said, relieved, over the phone.

"Gibbs whats-" she started to ask but her boss cut her off too quickly.

"Abby, I need you to track Tony's cell phone for me--Damn!" Gibbs swore realizing that Tony would not have his cell phone on him in his current state.

"What--Gibbs what is it!?" Abby cried worriedly.

"He doesn't have his phone with him." Gibbs mumbled over the phone.




In the car Gibbs thought for a moment. They were already driving out onto the highway, and he needed directions to where they were going *Now*.

"Gibbs, Gibbs what's going on!?" Abby asked worriedly.

"Not now Abby." Gibbs snapped angrily.

Then it hit him.

"Do you know Mrs. DiNozzo's cell phone number?" Gibbs asked, turning to look at Ms. Rosie.

"Yes, yes I do." she replied quickly.

"It is 326-7050." she told him.




Back at NCIS HQ--Abby had run out to her computer/workstation and was quickly punching in the cell phone number that they were giving her.

"Get all that Abs?" Gibbs asked over the phone.

"Yeah I got it." she replied, staring into her computer screen.

"Anything?" Gibbs asked hurriedly, through the phone.

"Not yet-" Abby started to say, but just at that moment her computer pinged.

"No wait. I got it!" she exclaimed.




Back in the car Gibbs was still having spells with his vision, and he kept shaking his head in an attempt to correct the problem.

"Where Abby!?" Gibbs demanded.

"Um..."

"Anytime now Abby!" Gibbs barked over the phone.

"Sorry, the map's--kinda small," she apologized as she punched a key to make the map on her computer screen bigger. "Long Island Medical Center--and from your current location, its about 28 miles away." she said quickly.

Gibbs looked over at Ms. Rosie.

"Long Island Medical Center." he said quickly. "Know how to get there?"

"Yes sir." she replied, tightening her grip on the wheel.

"Punch it!" Gibbs ordered.






Chapter Twelve---

At the hospital Dr. McGreggor wheeled Tony, laying unconscious on a gurney, into the room where Mr. DiNozzo was lying in wait.

There was blood dripping from Tony's temple from where they had knocked him out before.

Dr. McGreggor began hooking Tony up to several different machines located there in the room.

Tony's eye fluttered open a little bit, and at first the light in the room was too bright for him to open them all the way, so he closed them back up again. His head was throbbing with agonizing pain, and he was feeling a little dizzy.



Gibbs and Ms. Rosie finally pulled up outside the front of the medium-sized hospital, and by now a storm had kicked up around them.

"Right here's good." Gibbs said, as Ms. Rosie pulled into a small sloop.

Gibbs jumped out of the car, suddenly being pounded by heavy rain, and bolted for the front door of the hospital. He stepped inside through the automatic doors, and as soon as he did a security guard tried to stop him.

"Sir, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." the guard said, walking towards Gibbs.

Gibbs flashed his badge in the man's face with a scowl. "Federal Agent. NCIS." Gibbs said sharply, then returned his badge to his pocket.

"Never heard of-" the guard started to say.

Gibbs growled in disapproval. "Don't care." he said coldly, walking on past the security guard and heading down the hall way nearby.

As Gibbs walked down the hallway he reached into his pocket and pulled out the cell phone that he'd been using earlier.

A moment or so later Abby answered his call once again. "Abby can that computer thing of yours tell me which floor their own?" Gibbs asked, sharply.

"Indeed it can oh fearless leader," Abby replied, somewhat jokingly, over the phone.

Gibbs rolled his eyes, but did not say anything about it to her, just gave a hard sigh that he knew indicated very clearly his mood and his current objective(s).

Abby caught the message as Gibbs had intended for her to do, and she quickly set about punching keys on her keyboard. After a moment or so of silence on the phone line she returned with an answer for her silver-haired boss.

"According to what I'm seeing here they are either on the 17th or 18th floor," she informed him, sounding somewhat unsure of the information that she was relaying to her boss.

Gibbs rolled his eyes, and let out a frustrated sigh as he slapped, hard, the button on the wall to summon the elevator upon reaching it. "Which is it Abby!?" Gibbs growled over the phone angrily. "The 17th floor OR the 18th floor!?"

"I have to admit Gibbs this thing is not as accurate as I had hoped it would be," she started, as seemingly scanned back over the information displayed on her computer screen.

The elevator door(s) finally opened and Gibbs stepped inside. As he stepped inside the elevator he heard a shout from down the hall coming from the direction of the front entrance. The guard from before.

"Halt!" the security guard shouted, as he raced down the hallway, gun drawn, heading for the elevator and Gibbs.

Gibbs poked his head outside the elevator, quickly, and pulled himself back inside just in time as a bullet rocketed past the elevator door(s). "Forget it!" Gibbs shouted into the phone. "I'll just guess!" he said, and then hung up the phone as he reached out and quickly slapped the button for the 18th floor.

The doors were already closed, and the elevator was already making its ascent towards the 18th floor by the time the security guard finally caught up. He slapped a hand, angrily, against the steel door, and then reached for his walkie talkie.

A nurse poked her head outside a nearby room, apparently startled by all the commotion, looking to inquire as to what was going on.

The security guard waved her away saying that everything was under control, and that some crazy guy, probably a mental patient perhaps (which was a lie and he knew it) was loose in the hospital, but that, once again, he had everything under control.

"Markus, come in." the security guard said into his walkie talkie, after he had gotten rid of the curious nurse. "You've got a crazy guy, wearing blue jeans, a polo shirt, and a jacket--silvery hair--headed your way." the security guard continued, as he began to move towards the nearest stairwell as quickly as he possibly could. "Do not let him through. I repeat--Do Not Let Him Through!"



Tony looked around, as best as he could in the position that he was currently in. This wasn't right. None of this was right at all. He started to move about on the gurney he was laying on or in. "Wha-wha-where-where am I?" he mumbled, as he tried to sit up.

"Relax, Relax." the doctor said, returning to the young man's side. "You're alright. You're alright. You took a nasty fall back at your house--apparently you were sleep walking." the doctor said, trying to force a small chuckle.

"No." Tony said, clearly enough to be understood at this point. To his right he could see his father laying on or in a gurney--only half hidden behind the dividing curtain the doctor had pulled to just as Tony had begun to stir. "No. No this isn't right. Gibbs!" he tried to shout, but the doctor clamped his hand over the younger man's mouth as quickly as he could to silence him.

"That won't be necessary--I assure you." the doctor said, quietly, looking into Tony's eyes. "I'm afraid its far too late for anyone to save you now; but look at it this way," the doctor continued. "You're death will not be in vain--I assure you."



Gibbs stepped off of the elevator, and pulled his Sig from where he had kept it concealed in the small of his back underneath his shirt and jacket. As he went to turn the next corner up a shot whizzed past--just barely grazing his temple, and he immediately shrunk back seeking cover against the former wall.

"Hospital Security!" the man shouted out at Gibbs from around the corner. "Give yourself up peacefully, and no one has to get hurt!"

"This does not concern you!" Gibbs shouted back. "Re-holster your weapon, and walk away!" Gibbs continued, as he ran a finger, gently, over where the bullet had grazed his temple only a few minutes before.

"I'm afraid I can't do that sir!" the security guard shouted back, somewhat nervously.

'Must be a newbie,' Gibbs decided as he stood with his back pressed against the wall.
All up and down the hallway nurses and patients alike peeked their heads out of their rooms or whereever they happened to be residing at that particular moment to see what all the commotion was about. Gibbs listened intently as the security guard hushed and reassuringly waved everyone back into the safety of their rooms.

"I giving you one last chance sir--to come peacefully and quietly." the young security guard informed Gibbs. "I don't want to have to hurt you."

Gibbs rolled his eyes, momentarily, but he knew that time was quickly running out--for Tony. "I'm a Federal Agent," Gibbs shouted next, seeing that his hand was being forced either way.

"What!?" the security guard asked, somewhat momentarily thrown off guard by Gibbs' statement.

"I'm with NCIS, based in Washington D.C.," Gibbs explained.

"Yeah, I-I've heard of it." the young security guard said, to Gibbs' surprise. "Stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service(s)." the young security guard continued. "I appiled for a job there 2 years ago, before I moved here."

"I'm in the middle of a Federal investigation," Gibbs said next. "

"H-How do I know that this isn't some kind of trick?" the security guard asked, suspiciously, and as well he should feel that way.

Gibbs dove into his jeans pocket and fished out his badge which, again, he HAD brought with him. "What if I show you my badge?" Gibbs asked. "I'm gonna drop my weapon, onto the ground, and kick out where you can see it--Okay!?"

No answer came from the young security guard, but Gibbs continued anyway.

"Then I'm gonna SLOWLY walk out, and give you my badge, alright!?" Gibbs added, as he began to lower his Sig down to the ground in front of him(self).

Gibbs kicked his Sig Sauer across the floor so that the security guarrd would see it, and then he slowly made his way around the corner and out into the open, with his badge in hand so that the young security guard could see that he was telling the truth.

When he finally reached the young security guard he studied the badge very carefully, and then handed it bck to Gibbs. "So you're really the real deal hunh?" he said at last.

"Yeah." Gibbs replied, picking his Sig up off of the floor.

"So what can I do to help?" the guard asked.

Suddenly from just down the hall from where they were standing the door to the stairwell flew open, and the first security guard from the lobby came running out. "Stop!" he shouted as he trained his gun on Gibbs and the young security guard.

"Look out!" Gibbs yelled, as he pushed the young security guard out of the way, and raised his gun towards the other security guard.

BANG! rang the shot from Gibbs' Sig Sauer. The shot hit the security guard, and immobilized him just as Gibbs had planned.

"Take care of him." Gibbs said, noding at the young security guard who was still pulling himself up off of the floor. "I'll be back." and then Gibbs ran off down the hallway towards the operating room.

.........To Be Continued in "Face-Off".........
Chapter End Notes:
P.S. Hello all--it is currently 11:49 PM (Tuesday Sept. 29, 2009). I know that this story has not been updated in quite a while, but its only because things have been so hectic around here lately that recently I haven't really had time for much of anything really--but hopefully I will be able to start to updating some more on this one--I am hoping to start back on it sometime tomorrow.. That is, if time allows for it.

Thanks again everyone, for your patience and understanding.