- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Late night at NCIS everyone there (that includes: Fornell, Morrow, Ducky, Jimmy, Gerald and Abby) discussing the case and then Kate asks how Tony got hired at NCIS.
Title: Past And Present At NCIS

1 Regular cast

1.1 Leroy Jethro Gibbs *

1.2 Anthony "Tony" D. DiNozzo *

1.3 Ziva David

1.4 Abigail "Abby" Sciuto *

1.5 Timothy McGee *

1.6 Leon Vance

1.7 Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard *

2 Recurring cast

2.1 Jimmy Palmer *

2.2 Tobias C. Fornell *

2.3 Mike Franks

2.4 Nikki Jardine

2.5 Dr. Jordan Hampton

2.6 Trent Kort

3 Former characters

3.1 Michelle Lee

3.2 Cassie Yates

3.3 Jeanne Benoit

3.4 Vivian Blackadder

3.5 Paula Cassidy

3.6 Faith Coleman

3.7 René Benoit (La Grenouille)

3.8 Ari Haswari

3.9 Gerald Jackson *

3.10 Hollis Mann

3.11 Charles "Chip" Sterling

3.12 Caitlin "Kate" Todd *

3.13 Jenny Shepard

3.14 Brent Langer

4 References


Pairing(s) : Established: Gibbs/DiNozzo,
Maybe: Abby/Kate,
Established : Ducky/Gerald

Chapter 1: A Campfire story in the bullpen of NCIS (Part 1)

(A/N: I decided to add Jimmy Palmer just because I think he fits in with the NCIS gang though I don’t know if Jimmy is in any of the Episodes in season 2. )

(A/N: Gibbs’ immediate team is in the bull pen discussing the case they are working on. When Kate asks about how Tony got hired at NCIS Gibbs calls for Fornell, Morrow, Ducky, Jimmy, Gerald and Abby to come to the bull pen so they can help tell the story.)

(A/N: Each chapter will have a time line so the story will be easier to follow and easier for me to write. The time line will always be at the beginning of the chapter and will get longer as the story goes on so that when I am writing new chapters I will know where I am in the story. These dates that I am using in the story are likely the real dates in the years that will pass in the real world.)

(A/N: I decided that Jimmy already knows the story and have know Tony since he was in medical school. I am going to play with the ages a slight bit. Gibbs is 40, Ducky is 65, Fornell and Morrow are 50, Tony and Abby are 30, McGee, Jimmy and Kate are 27 and Gerald is 35.)

(A/N: When Gibbs starts the story it will be mostly a third POV and then there are the parts where it will be in the characters POV. There won’t be many 2nd POVS in the telling of the story, but when I do get to one of the 2nd POVS in this story then I will write the character that the POV is in.)

(A/N: Morrow and Fornell already knows about Ducky/Gerald and Gibbs/DiNozzo and so does the rest of the team. The only people who don’t know when Gibbs/DiNozzo got together are Kate and McGee. This story will reveal a lot of the history between Gibbs and DiNozzo. Ducky and Gibbs keep their love life out of the work area except when they have to absolutely have to comfort Tony and Gerald and that is very rare. So there are a lot of people who don’t even know about Gibbs/DiNozzo and Ducky/Gerald.)



Summary of this chapter:


Late night at NCIS everyone there (that includes: Fornell, Morrow, Ducky, Jimmy, Gerald and Abby) discussing the case and then Kate asks how Tony got hired at NCIS.

Time Line for this chapter:
23:00 Discussing the current case and eating dinner (A/N: The Present day is Friday May 13, 2004)
00:00 Kate asks how Tony got hired at NCIS (A/N: The Present Day is Saturday May 14, 2004)
00:10 Gibbs calls Ducky, Gerald and Jimmy to come to the bull pen
00:20 Gibbs calls Abby to come to the bull pen
00:30 Gibbs calls Morrow and Fornell to come to the bull pen
01:00 Everyone is gathered in the bull pen
01:20 Kate asks the question again on how tony got hired at NCIS
01:25 Gibbs starts the story off (A/N: The story starts off on Friday May 13, 2000 in Baltimore)
02:00 Gibbs and gang take a break from telling the story. (A/N: The Present Day is Saturday May 14, 2004)

________________________________________

Now This Story Starts:

Present Day : Friday May 13, 2004
Time: 23:00


“Is there anything else we need to look at before we go get dinner?” Gibbs asked the team. The team shook their heads and told Gibbs no.

“Ok then we will break for ½ an hour. Kate here is a list of food that is quick and easy to get at the local mart down the street. Go and get the stuff and then come back. Now McGee go and order enough pizza for 10 people and keep in mind that DiNozzo can at lease eat 1 whole pizza by himself. Be back in 40 minutes.” After Gibbs made sure that they were gone he went over to Tony and bent down and kissed him on the lips. Gibbs pulled away from Tony when the need for air became too much.

“Now Sweetheart are you sure that Kate is going to ask about how you got hired at NCIS?”

“Yes I am 80% sure. I could see the question sitting behind her eyes the last week and ½ so since we are all here she will ask the question. Just make sure that Fornell, Ducky, Morrow, Gerald, Abby and Jimmy are up here to help with the story.”

Present Day : Friday May 13, 2004
Time: 23:30


Kate Came back and looked around for McGee. Gibbs looked up from the screen and spoke to Kate.

“McGee will be back soon he went to get pizza for everyone and it takes longer for him to get back so just sit down and wait for him to come back.”

Present Day : Friday May 13, 2004
Time: 23:40


McGee came back with the pizzas and had the security guard help him carry the pizzas. Between the two of them there were 12 pizzas for their dinner.

“Ummm… boss can you make room for the pizzas?” McGee asked Gibbs. So Gibbs and Kate made enough room for all 12 pizzas.

“ok Tony go get the plates, napkins and the drinks and remember that we are still at work and there is to be no alcohol at all.”

Present Day : Saturday May 14, 2004
Time: 00:00



They were all now sitting and eating the pizza when Kate opened her mouth and asked a question.

“Hey Tony How did you Get Hired At NCIS?” Kate asked while looking at Tony.

“I smiled…”

“That can’t be right now Tell me the real reason that you got hired at NCIS because for all that you are… Gibbs wouldn’t hire you just because you smiled. Can you tell us the story?”

“Sure just give me and Gibbs an hour to get everyone up here to help with the story.” Tony told Kate and then looked over to Gibbs and told him to call the others and then said Told you so.


Present Day : Saturday May 14, 2004
Time: 00:10


Gibbs picked up the phone and dialed the autopsy extension number.

“Mallard here…”

“Hey Duck Kate finally asked the question. The one about how Tony got hired at NCIS because she still thinks of him as a low cop even though she trusts him, but she still thinks she’s better than him in a lot of areas. So why do you bring anything that you need and that includes the what you have done on the autopsy report for the current case and bring Gerald and Jimmy up with you.
Don’t bother with your tea Tony dug some of the stuff that you like and already has it ready so he just has to add the water just bring your cup oh and Tony’s blanket and pillow that I know you got washed last night. See you in 10.”

“Now hold on Jethro when did you know that Kate was going to ask that question?”


“Tony told me that he was 80% sure that she was going to ask tonight, so I told Tony to dig the stuff that you really like out and get it ready.”

“Ah… Good… I will go and collect Gerald and Jimmy from my office and then be right up and I leave the rest of the calls to you.”

“Thanks Duck.”

Present Day : Saturday May 14, 2004
Time: 00:20



With that Jethro dialed Abby’s lab.

“Hello My Silver Fox What brings a call down here?”

“Abby Kate finally asked the question. You know the one about how Tony got hired at NCIS because she still thinks of him as a low cop even though she trusts him, but she still thinks she’s better than him in a lot of areas. So why do you bring anything that you need and that includes the what you have on the evidence that we have so far for the current case and bring Bert up with you.”

“So Kate did… How sure was Tony that he knew that Kate was going to ask that question tonight?”

“Tony told me that he was 80% sure that she was going to ask tonight. I will see you in 10.”

“Ah I will be up in 10 just let me get my stuff ready.”


Present Day : Saturday May 14, 2004
Time: 00:30


Jethro was happy that this was the last call he had to make.

“Fornell bring Morrow Kate finally asked that question. You know the one about how Tony got hired at NCIS because she still thinks of him as a low cop even though she trusts him, but she still thinks she’s better than him in a lot of areas. So why do you bring anything that you need and that includes the what you have for the current case.”

“So Kate did… How sure was Tony that he knew that Kate was going to ask that question tonight?”

“Tony told me that he was 80% sure that she was going to ask tonight. I will see you in 10.”

“Ah I will be down in 10 just let me get my stuff ready and Morrow.”