- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
the continuing of chapter 1
Title: Past And Present At NCIS

Pairing(s) : Established: Gibbs/DiNozzo,
Maybe: Abby/Kate,
Established : Ducky/Gerald

Chapter 1: A Campfire story in the bullpen of NCIS (Part 2)

(A/N: To the readers I am only putting the time line the way I am because it helps me figure out how everything is going to happen so I can write the past. If you can figure out another way then by all means tell me how I can fix it so I don’t have the timeline showing in the main part of the story, because otherwise I am never going to be able to finish this story.)

Time Line for this chapter:
23:00 Discussing the current case and eating dinner (A/N: The Present day is Friday May 13, 2004)
00:00 Kate asks how Tony got hired at NCIS (A/N: The Present Day is Saturday May 14, 2004)
00:10 Gibbs calls Ducky, Gerald and Jimmy to come to the bull pen
00:20 Gibbs calls Abby to come to the bull pen
00:30 Gibbs calls Morrow and Fornell to come to the bull pen
01:00 Everyone is gathered in the bull pen
01:20 Kate asks the question again on how tony got hired at NCIS
01:25 Gibbs starts the story off (A/N: The story starts off on Friday May 13, 2000 in Baltimore)
02:00 Gibbs and gang take a break from telling the story. (A/N: The Present Day is Saturday May 14, 2004)

________________________________________

Present Day : Saturday May 14, 2004
Time: 01:00


By 1A.M. everyone was gathered in the bull pen getting settled and eating pizza. They then took the next few minutes to see what Ducky and Abby had gathered from the body and evidence for the case they were currently working on.

Present Day : Saturday May 14, 2004
Time: 01:20-01:25


Kate was starting to get annoyed that the group hasn’t answered her question so she decided to ask the question again.

“How did Tony get hired at NCIS?” everyone stop and looked at Kate.

“You really want to know. I thought I already gave you that answer. The one that said I smiled. What more do you want?” Tony asked Kate.

“I don’t belive that you just had to smile to get hired at NCIS and put on Gibbs’ team. There has to be more to it so what is the rest of the story?”

“Well there is but do you really want to know it? I have seen your looks at Tony and how the look you give seems the you think he is below you just because he was a cop. You think that he is just fooling around and not doing anything while you have to work hard to keep the job? Isn’t that right Kate?” Fornell asked.

“Yea but how did you know?”

“ I have been around Tony longer then you have. Even though I pretended not to know them on the Air Force One plane.”

“ You pretended not to know them… was that why you weren’t all that upset when the body and Tony were switched when the plane landed?”

“ Pretty much though it was a good trick. Not a lot of people are able to pull that tick off. Now do you want to know the story or not?”

“ Sure. Let’s start the story.”

“ Ok Jethro you can start the story off but not the full story just the part from 4 years ago, because if we have to hear the full story we will be here for at least 2 days if not more.” Morrow told Gibbs.

Past : Friday May 13, 2000 in Baltimore


Baltimore PD Station:

“Hey Tony we got a murder at the US Coast Marine Office.”

“Coming Ken, who called in the body?”

“Umm… a man who was just getting out of his car to get to work at the US Coast Marine Office at 06:30 this morning.”

“So why are we just getting this information now and not earlier?”

“Because the sectary just got the message.”

US Coast Marine Office Parking Lot:

“ Well let’s see if this guy has any id on him.” Tony asked as he walked over to the body and knelt down to see if there was any id on him. Though Tony was very careful not to touch the body and displace evidence.

“Hey Tony what are you looking at?” Ken asked as he walked over to Tony.

“A Marine. I am calling NCIS to come and help us with this case and NO Ken you are not going to call this in even though you are the senior Detective. I know the extension number to the MCRT.”

“Why I have the right to do it not you.”

“Because I know almost everybody over at the NCIS HQ and not you.” Tony told Ken while getting his phone out to call Gibbs.

Tony opened his phone and hit the number 1 for Gibbs. It only took 3 seconds for Gibbs to answer the phone.

“Gibbs.”

“Well aren’t you in a good mood? Got any new team members yet to replace the ones that you fired from not being able to do their jobs that you need them to right?” Tony asked in a happy voice.

“Well hello to you. You don’t normally call until your lunch time and yes I got two new team members to replace the ones that I fired. Though it wasn’t just because they couldn’t do the jobs that I needed them to do it was also because they decided to make fun of Abby and when Ducky found out he got … well I don’t know how to describe it. Well let’s just say that Tom is now aware on how to stay on Ducky’s good side. Now since you are calling this early then I say you are calling because you have a Marine that murder right?”

“Right as always, but really Ducky was that mad? Must have been really bad on what the last 2 members of your team did to Abby to get Ducky to act like that, because you and I both know that Ducky is the patient guy that we know. It usually takes some on the level of Abby or me getting hurt and you know how protective Ducky is of me and Abby.”

“…. It was Abby who got hurt when she was left alone with my team in the bull pen and I was with Morrow in the MTAC. Both me and Morrow heard a scream and came running out of MTAC and looked down to the bull pen and saw Abby looking scared and taking refugee behind my desk because we both know that no one except me, Ducky, you, Abby, Morrow and Fornell can go behind my desk. Anyway I looked over to the elevator and saw that Ducky was moving and you know how fast Ducky can move when you both are hurt. Abby must have been able to call Ducky without letting the other 2 know what she was doing and she must of saw me because she made sure that I could see that she had taken the tazer gun out of my desk and had in front of her so she could defend her self if she needed to.

Ducky made it to my desk in record time and was looking Abby over. Ducky then turned towards the 2 agents and stocked over to them and hit them upside the head and pretty hard too. I think by this time I had looked over at Morrow and was struggling to keep myself from laughing at the scared look in Morrow’s eyes. I don’t think in all of the time he has been here that he had ever seen Ducky move like that. But he doesn’t know how long Abby, You and me have known Ducky. So after that I walked down the stairs and over to my desk and gathered Abby into my arms for safety. Then I looked over at the 2 agents and Ducky.



(Gibbs’ POV)

I gathered Abby into my arms and got a hold of the tazer(?) from Abby and then looked over at the 2 agents and Ducky. I heard Morrow behind me.

“What the hell did Abby do to you for you to react like that? Huh? I want answers NOW and ASAP.”

“Well she just wouldn’t leave us alone when we told that you were up at MTAC with the director.” John told me.

“That’s no reason to hurt Abby. She has done nothing to hurt you. Your just lucky that it was only Ducky who hit you and not Tony. If Tony ever got word of this you would have a hard time getting another job. Now how bad is she hurt Duck?”

“Not too bad just a sprain in her left arm and a bruise on her face other than that nothing else is broken. Do you think we should tell Tony about this or not. Because you have a choice either Tony finds out from you or he finds out from me.” Ducky told me.

“Fine the next time Tony calls I will tell him. Now what to do with John McTom and Maes Hughes. I think that you are going to be sent over to Baltimore PD for the next 2 years and then maybe will see about you coming back to my team.”

“But… what ….” John and Maes stuttered trying to asked a question that they wanted to know.

“No I don’t care I can find other team members and I have worked on cases with just Ducky. Gerald and Abby before you 2 showed up. So pack your stuff and take these papers that say that we are transferring you to the Baltimore homicide PD for the next 2 years for a trial run. Now leave.” Then I turned back to Abby and looked at her more closely.

“Are you alright Abby?”

“Yes Gibbs I am just fine or I will be once they leave. I can’t wait to see Tony soon.” Abby squealed.



(end of Gibbs POV)

“Are they still working at the Baltimore Homicide PD? Because I would really like to get my hands on them…” Tony snarled at Gibbs.

“Now sweetheart you know that you are only going to get in trouble if you do that. Though when I get there you can see them with me by your side. Now where are you with the body of the dead Marine?” Gibbs asked.

“…. One minute my partner is trying to get my attention.” Tony told Gibbs. Tony then turned to his partner and asked what he wanted. Only to have his phone snatched out of his hand by Ken.

“Asshole give me my phone back.”

“No I am now going to take over this conversation.”

“Now sorry about me partner I am the one you want to talk to not Tony. I am the senior detective.” Ken told Gibbs.

“Excuse me did you take Tony’s phone away?” Gibbs snarled into the phone.

“Yes I took his phone from him to speak to you about sharing jurisdiction on this case on your not getting this case at all. Your choice.” Ken told Gibbs with his best leader voice but it came out sounding very snobby and rude.

“What is your name?”

“My name is Ken Green. Now are you going to share the jurisdiction or not.”

“I am getting pissed off now we well be down at the US Coast Marine Office in 60 minutes don’t touch the body.” Gibbs said to Ken and then snapped the phone shut.

“Hello???”

“Will you now give me my phone back?”

“No you will just call him back and I am going to be in charged of this case and not you. So go sit down in the car and wait for them to show up.”

So Tony turned around and headed to the car. When he got into the car he pulled out the video phone and called Gibbs back.

“ So Jethro I …. So anyways who are you bringing?”

“ Ducky, Gerald and Abby and the 2 agents that I have.”

“Do you really have to bring them… why can’t just be you, Ducky, Gerald and Abby?”

“Tony I… Morrow made me bring them who else would you like to come?”

“Fornell please…” Tony sobbed.

Tony then heard the change in Gibbs’ voice.

“You want me to bring Fornell… Tony are you alright?” Gibbs asked with concern dripping in his voice.

“N…No… I just c…can…can’t take it anymore…. They a…all h…hate me down here… the chief, a few of the older cops close to retiring and the lab techs are the only ones who like me… of course I have known the chief since I was little…. Bu...but it doesn’t h…help any I get told by the rest of them that I s…should just go back home….. I want to come to NCIS with you Gibbs can I?” Tony cried into the phone. Though this phone Gibbs could see Tony crying.

“Calm down Tony and yes I will bring Fornell with us expect us to be close to 2 hours now… hey Tony your partner is coming over here and well I love you bye.” Tony took Gibbs’ words to heart and hid the video phone before Ken could take it from him.

“Asshole I told you not to call him back. Now give me that phone.” By this time Tony had all traces of the tears gone from his face.

“No I don’t care if you want to take control of the case I am entitled to talk with Gibbs since I have known him since I was 5. so just leave me alone and give me my other phone back.”

“No I will give you the phone back if you keep your mouth shut and let me do all the talking.”

“Fine.” Tony told Ken and Ken then gave the phone back to Tony.

2 hours later:

Ken got pissed when Gibbs wasn’t here at the hour mark. It was now going on 2 hours when 2 trucks pulled up beside the car. Ken then got out and went over to Gibbs. Though Gibbs ignored Ken and went over to the car where Tony was sitting. Tony looked up when the door to the car opened.

“Gibbs… why aren’t you speaking to Ken?”

“I came to see you first. Now why don’t you come with me and come greet the others. Fornell wasn’t please when I told him that you were crying on the phone.” Gibbs told Tony while bringing Tony to his chest. They were disturbed a moment later by Ken and he didn’t look happy.

“Tony I told you to not to talk to him and its not your case its now mine.” Ken yelled at Tony while shoving Tony away from Gibbs.


Ken pushed Tony so hard that he went flying back 5 feet and skidded on the cement.

(Gibbs’ POV)

I looked up when I heard Ken yelling at Tony. Then in the next minute Ken was beside me. I felt Tony being ripped from my arms and throw so hard that Tony went flying back 5 feet and skidded on the cement. I then saw Fornell come over to Tony and helped him up off the ground.

( End of Gibbs’ POV)

“Hey stop that… Fornell you came.” Tony shouted when he saw Fornell. Fornell came over to Tony and helped him up off of the ground..

“You ok? Anyways…Hello Tony… I am not pleased that you are having such a hard time with the Baltimore PD. Now come with me and we can go over to where Gerald and the others are and say hi to them.” Fornell told Tony as he pushed Tony over to Gerald and the others. While leaving Gibbs to deal with Ken.

Gibbs turned back to Ken once Fornell had taken Tony over to see the others.

(Gibbs’ POV)

I turned to Ken to deal with this thing for a cop.

“Ok Butch… now let me tell you who you are dealing with because I think I see my M.E. coming over here to set you right. Oh and for the record I am take the case over fully you are just here to help.

“You Green are walking a fine line…”

“Jethro where is Tony?” Ducky asked.

“Fornell took him over to where Gerald and the others are. Now excuse me while I deal with Green here.” I told Ducky and then turned back to Green when he heard Ducky walking over to Tony and Fornell.

“I’d watch what you say and do while you are around my team because you hurt Tony and now the team is going to be over protective with Tony.”

( End of Gibbs’ POV)

Present Day : Saturday May 14, 2004

“We will take a break and come back in ½ an hour to hear the next part of the story.” Gibbs told the group.