- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nikki meets Hodgins
“Hey, Dad?” Nikki asked from the backseat of the car, “What do you think Dr. Hodgins is like?”

“I don’t know Nik.” Tony answered, “He’s a doctor who deals with bugs and slime so I think he’s not going to be the most normal person.”

“Ok.” Nikki said, and then continued to look out the window. The Jeffersonian was on the other side of town, so they had about another fifteen, twenty minute drive before the got there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Hodgie,” Angela Montenagro said as she walked up behind Dr. Jack Hodgins, “It’s six o’clock already, you said you’d be done in a minute.”

“And I will be.” Hodgins answered.

“Jack you said that an hour ago.” Angela said, as she sat down on his lap.

“Hmm, really. I didn’t realize so much time had passed.” Hodgins replied.

“Well, you can try to make it up to me.” Angela said.

“I guess I’ll try.” Hodgins agreed as he leaned in and kissed her passionately.

“Jezze, do I have to throw cold water on the two of you?” Dr. Camille Saroyan asked as she passed Hodgins work station. Hodgins and Angela seperated immediately. As they did, a sucurity guard walked up to Hodgins.

“Excuse me, Dr. Hodgins, there are two people wanting to see you in the Lobby.”

“Really?” Hodgins asked surprised. No one ever came to the building to see him, he was worried that it was an ex girlfriend. He stood up quickly and went to the Lobby, Angela following close behind. WHen the reached the lobby, they saw a man standing next to a little girl, who looked to be about eight, but was short. The girl reminded him a little of his sister Lz, who he hadn’t seen in years.

“Dr. Hodgins?” The man asked as Hodgins walked over to him.

“Yes, and you are?” Hodgins asked, still a little confused.

“I am Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo, Tony to most people, and this is my daughter Nikki.” Tony answered.

“Okay, and how can I help you two?” Hodgins asked again.

“I’m your niece, my mother was your sister, Elizabeth Hodgins.” Nikki said before Tony could say anything.

“What!?!” Hodgins and Angela both shouted in disbelief.

“I said...” Nikki started.

“We heard what you said, Sweetie.” Angela said kindly, “We just don’t really...”

“I just don’t believe it!” Hodgins said in awe.

“Well, it’s true.” Nikki insisted. “My mom died a few weeks ago, I came here to live with my father, and now I find out I’m related to the heir of the Cantover...”

“Cantiliver, Nik.” Tony corrected.

“Right, Cantiliver Group. Now I just want to know if my mom owned anything from it that I would get.” Nikki finished.

“Okay, it’s not that I don’t believe you Nikki,” Hodgins started, “but could you please take a DNA test for me. Just so that I’m a hundered percent sure that what youy say is true.”

“Sure.” Nikki agreed. After she agreed, Hodgins led her and Tony into the lab. Hodgins had Zack take the samples and run them through a mechine to test them. Sure enough, after about two hours of waiting, it prove that Nikki was related to hodgins as his neice.

“That’s amazing.” Hodgins said, “I mean I knew that Liz was peragnat, but I never thought that I would met her child.”

“Well, now you have.” Nikki said. “So, Dr. Hodgins, could you please answer my question. Am I going to inherit anything from this group or not?”

“I’m sorry Nikki,” Hodgins started, “Your mom was diowned, which means that you won’t get anything from her.” Nikki began to look diappointed, “But, since I have never wanted to own this fortune, I am going to make you the vice president of the group, and when I pass on, you’ll own it.”

“Really!” Nikki squealed with delight.

“Really.” Hodgins said. Nikki gave him a giant hug and thanked him about a hundred times. “Now, you really don’t have to do much, we have workers that run the place. All you have to do is stop by every once in a while with me when I make my visits. Plus, you have billions of dollars that is now yours.” Nikki thanked him again and again.

“I will still see you, right?” Nikki asked.

“Yep, you will kid. I am your uncle, of course you’ll see me, and Angela.” Hodgins answered.

“Who’s Angela?” Nikki asked.

“I am, sweetie, I guess I’m your aunt.” Angela said.

“Cool!” Nikki said as she hugged Angela too. “Dad, can we go home now, I want to tell the others.”

“Sure Nik.” Tony said, he stuck out his hand to Hodgins. “I guess I’ll see you around then?” he asked.

“Most definately.” Hodgins agreed as he and Tony shook hands.

“See you lator then, and thank you.” Tony said as he and Nikki turned to leave.

“Hey, Hodgins, who were they?” Cam asked as she cwalked up to him, followed by Booth, Brennan, and Zack.

“Well...” Hodgins started as he began to explain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They elevator doors opened and Nikki raced out of them and into the squadroom.

“I’m rich!” she shouted to the others.

“What!?” The others shouted.

“Nikki that’s great.” Kate said.

“Wait, what happened?” Gobbs asked.

“Well...” Nikki began to explain. She told them about hodgins and the Dna test, “and after the test he said that I was going to be the new Vice President and that I didn’t have to really do anything but go and visit the headquaters everyonce and awhile and then he said that I owned billions of dollars!” Nikki finished compleately out of breath. Everyone congradulated her, but soon after, she fell asleep in Kate’s lap. This had been the longest day she had in weeks. As she and Tony drove home, she had a wonderful dream, a dream of her family at an amazing party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Turns out her dream came true. A week after seeing Dr. Hogins, Nikki found herself at a welcome home party for her. Her NCIS family was there, plus her uncle hodgins had come with angela, and some of his co-workers who he considered family, Cam, Booth, Brennan, and Zack. The party was amazing, she recived many beautiful gifts, which she didn’t understand why she got gifts if it was a welcome home party. It wasn’t until they brought out the cake that she realized what day it was. “OMJ! It’s my birthday!” Nikki shouted, “How could I forget my own birthday!” Everyone laughed with Nikki, which was a beautiful sound to her ears. She now knew she was home, and she never wanted to leave.