- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nikki is introduced to her new family
“Okay,” started Ziva, breaking up the touching moment. “let me gat this straight. Tony was at a bar, met Liz, did... whatever, and you were born?” she asked Nikki.

“Yep.” Nikki replied, still smiling.

“I have a daughter.” Tony said still in disbelief.

“Yep, Tony, you do.” Gibbs replied. He was lost in thought though. He was probably thinking about Kelly, but he wouldn’t say anything if he was.

“So, do I have any cousins, or aunts, or any relatives at all?” Nikki asked.

“Um, yes and no.” Tony replied. “I was an only child, and I don’t talk to my parents at all.” Tony answered, Nikki looked a little disappontied, “But, I do have my work family.” This was the first time he reffered to his team as family, but in truth, they were his family. “This is Probie.” Tony said pointing to Mcgee.

“Acually, I’m Tim or Mcgee, I’ll answere to either.” Mcgee corrected Tony as he shook Nikki’s hand.

“This is Ziva,” He said pointing at her, “and this is Kate.” Both girls gave Nikki a warm smile. “And this is my boss, Gibbs.” He pointed at Gibbs, but he didn’t look up. Nikki turned around to whisper somthig to Tony.

“He scares me.” She said simply.

“Gibbs can be scary, but don’t worry, he’ll like you.” Tony replied reassuringly.

“Hey Tony,” Kate cut in, “You should go introduce her to Abby and Ducky.” Kate suggested.

“Good idea, come on Nikki, I’ll introduce you.” Tony said leading her twards the elevator.

“She was perfectly healthy...” Gibbs said aloud.

“What was that, Boss?” Mcgee asked.

“Hum... oh nothing, just go back to work.” Gibbs replied and was answered with a chours of “On it Boss.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“You’ll really like Abby.” Tony said to Nikki as he walked into her lab. “Hey Abbs!” Tony called over her music.

“Hey Tony.” She called back, not looking up from her computer. “WHat brins you to see me today?” she asked, again not looking up.

“Well for one, caf-pow dilivery,” at the sound of this abby turned around to recive her caf-pow, and she noticed Nikki. “and the second is I’d like to introduce you to someone. This is Nikki, my daughter.” Abby stared at Nikki in disbelief. She was so shocked that she dropped her caf-pow. Luckly, the cap didn’t pop off. She picked it back off and set it on one of the tables.

“This isn’t a joke right Tony. No this couldn’t be a joke, she has your eyes, which are really pretty by the way. But wow, you a father. That’s, that’s, well...” she was lost for words. She bent down and hugged Nikki. “Well, I’m Abby, forensic scientist extrodinary! Welcome to my domain!” Abby smiled at Nikki who, in truth, looked a little scared.

“Nice to meet you Abby.” she managed to say.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, I, well, I am a hugger, and well, if your Tony’s daughter that means your sorta part of the family so I thought hugging you would be okay. I’m a little to forwards sometimes.” Abby finished. When she did, Nikki huged her. Abby was a little confused. “Now what was that for?” she asked the little girl.

“You said I was part of the family, I like having a family again.” Nikki replied smiling.

“Again?” Abby asked confused.

“It’s a long story Abbs, can I tell you lator, I want to introduce her to Ducky.” Tony said leading Nikki twardas the door.

“Oh, yeah sure, see you lator Nikki.” Abby replied.

“Bye Abby.” Nikki called as they wlaked out of the lab. “Abby’s really nice.” Nikki told Tony as they stepped into the elevator.

“See, I told you you’d like her.” Tony replied, “Now, on to meet Ducky, and the autopsy gremlin if he’s there.” Tony said.

“Autopsy gremlin?” Nikki asked confused.

“You’ll see.” Tony said as the elevator door opened revealing autopsy door opened. “Wait here a second.” Tony told Nikki, and she did. Tony walked in to autopsy alone. “Hey Ducky, doing and autopsy?”

“Acually, Tony, I just finished. Mr. Palmer is putting him back into his drawer. Yes the man died an extremly painful and...” Ducky trailed on.

“Um, Ducky” Tony interupted, “another time perhaps. I’d like to introduce you both to someone. Wait one sec.” He walked out and returned a few moments lator with Nikki. “Ducky, Palmer, I’d like you to meet Nikki, my daughter.” Tony said, and he watched their jaws drop.

“Anthony, I didn’t know you had a daughter.” Ducky said bewildered.

“He didn’t either until about an hour ago.” Nikki said.

“Well, you are a beutiful thing aren’t you my dear.” Ducky siad. “You have beutiful hair, and your fathers eyes.” Nikki smiled at the compliments. “Yes, you also have his smile so I see.”

“So, If your Ducky, then you must be the autopsy germlin.” Nikki said turning to look at Palmer.

“Yes, I am, wait, what?” Jimmy answered her. She just smilied.

“We’d better get going, Ducky, Gibbs is probably wanting me...” Tony was interupted by Gibbs rushing into autopsy.

“Nikki, did you say your mom was perfectly healthy when she had her heart attack?” Gibbs aasked as he rushed in. Mcgee, Ziva, and Kate were right on his tail.

“Yeah, that’s why I thought her death was weird.” Nikki replied.

“Ducky, what are th odds of having a heart attack when you’re perfectly healthy?” Gibbs asked.

“Oh, well it;s not unheard of, if the person has an bad aterry then...” he trailed on.

“Do you know if your mom had a bad attery?” Gibbs asked Nikki.

“No, but then again I didn’t go to the doctors with her. I guess I could give you permission to look at her medical records, right?” She replied.

“Yes you could, thank you.” Gibbs siad begining to walk off.

“What are you getting at boss?” Tony asked.

“I don’t think that Nikki’s mom died of natural causes.” Gibbs called back before the elevator doors shut.

“You’re mother is dead?” Ducky asked, Nikki nodded. “My condolences.”

“Let’s head back up to the squad room. See you lator Ducky.” Tony said as he, Nikki, Mcgee, Ziva, and Kate turned to leave.

“Autopsy gremlin, is that what Tony calls me?” Plamer asked. Ducky didn’t say anything.