- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nikki wakes up and gives Tony something very important.
“Beep....beep.” Was the only sound in the little hospital room. Nikki had survived surgury and was going to be okay. Tony entered the romm and saw her asleep in the bed. She was pale and looked dead, but the beeping heart monitor told Tony that she was alive.

“Hey Nik,” Tony siad as he sat down next to her and took her hand. “The doctors said you’re gonna be okay. I was so worried.” He took a deep breath, “I’m soory I didn’t get to you sooner, if I had...” He was interupted by a knock on the door.

“Hey Tony, Kate said quitely as she entered the room, “How’s Nikki?”

“She’s fine.” Tony replied, “She’ll wake up.” THey sat together in silince. It wasn’t one of those akward silences, but it was a comforting one. That is, until Tony decided to break it.

“Kate,” He took a deep breath and continued, “thank you. You were there for me when I needed someone the most. No one could ever ask for, or ever find, a better friend.”

“Thanks Tony.” was the only thing Kate could say. “Who knew that Tony could say something so sweet?” she thought. “WHen should she wake up?” she asked trying to change the topic and trying to make herself feel a little less uncofortable.

“”Today, tomarrow, the next day.” Tony answered, never taking his eyes off of Nikki. He was afraid that she would never wake up. The doctors said she would but still...

“Hey,” Kate said resting a hand on Tony’s shoulder comfortingly. And as if she knew what he was thinking she said, “She gonna be fine Tony, she will wake up. And you two will spend a long and happy life together.” Then she hugged him reassuringly and he hugged her back say. “Abby is starting to rub off on you, Kate.” and they both pulled back smiling.

“Here, I’ll run to your apartment and grab you a few things, anything you want in particular?” Kate asked.

“Yeah, could you grab; my portable DVD player and all of it’s cords, it should all be in the drawer underneth the DVD cabinet; a couple of DVD that you’ll think Nik will like; and her back pack?” Kate nodded as she turned to leave. “And Kate!” Tony called out stopping her in her tracks, “Thanks, and I realli ment everything I said earlier.” Kate smiled and turned to leave again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been over 24 hours since Nikki had been taken out of surgurey and she still wasn’t awake. Tony and the others were all sitting in the hospital room, and they had each gotten her a get well soon presant. Abby had given her black roses, which were beautiful in a goth sort of way. Ducky, Mcgee, and Ziva (all not being creative what so ever) gave Nikki a balloon bouquet that brightened up the room. Kate got her a cookie basket that had three giant flower shaped sugar cookies in it. And Gibbs gave Nikki what turned out to be her favorite. He had gotten her a teddy bear that had a NCIS jacket and hat, it’s own gun and badge, and it was the cutest thing any of them had ever seen.

“WHat?” GIbbs asked after he had recieved some hinky looks from the team, “Grandfathers have a soft side.” he joked (he apparently like the grandfather metaphor because he would never be a grandfather for his beloved daughter, Kelly).

THey had been talking for awhile, but now they just sat in silence waiting for Nikki to wake up while Wicked was playing in the background. “Well at least Probie can’t tell me he doesn’t know what Wicked is anymore.” Tony said with a slight smilie on his face as th movie finished.

“What’s WIcked?” a voice asked.

“Probie, you just saw the movie.” Tony said exsaperated.

“Tony, I didn’t say anything.” Mcgee told him. They all looked at Nikki and sure enough, she was awake.

“Oh Nikki, Thank God!” TOny sighed with relief as he wrapped Nikki in a hug and kissed her forehead.

“What happened?” Nikki asked, and when Tony didn’t answer, Gibbs did.

“The bullet wound in your thigh was infected, and you lost a lot of blood. You’ve been out for almost two days. How you feelin’ kid?”

“Tired.” Nikki answered, “I’d really just like to sleep.” Everyone turned to go and only Tony and Nikki were left in the room. “Oh Dad, there’s a letter for you from Mum. It’s in the front pocket of my bag.” Nikki said and as soon as she finished, she was fast asleep, nothing would wake her.

Tony grabbed Nikki’s bag and when he opened the from pocket, he saw the letter. Hands shaking, he opened it quickly and be gan to read...

Dear Tony,
Yes, Nikki is your daughter. I’m
sorry I didn’t tell you about her, I
thought you wouldn’t want her. If
you’re reading this, I am dead. You’re
the only family she has left. Please
please take care of her. I know she’ll
love you, and I hope you’ll love her.
Love,
Liz

Tony could feel tear running down his face as he read the letter over and over and over again. He didn’t realize that Kate was watching him until she laid a hand on his shoulder. “Hay, you alright?” she asked.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine Kate.” Tony replied quietly. “What’cha still doing here?”

“I forgot my purse.” Kate answered as she went to go retrieve it. “Goodnight Tony.”

“Night Kate.” Tony replied as he made himself as comfortable in the chair as possible and went to sleep, still clutching the letter ing his hand.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it took me so long to post this! Computer troubles.

There is a small reference to another one of my stories Taken, but it's nothing important.