- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Hope you enjoy the story, the ending is cheesey, but sometimes, cheesey's a good thing!
Author's Chapter Notes:
“Ziva.” Tony whispered, “Ziva I...” He wasn’t able to finish, he collapsed into her, his eyes empty.
“Gibbs, he’s in the building, and he has a bomb!” Tony shouted into his ear piece, then he ran into the building to stop the terrorist.

“Tony! Don’t!” Gibbs shouted back, but it was too late. Even outside in the parking lot, he heard the explosion. He and Ziva ran from there positions twards the building. When they got there, they saw Tony, barely breathing on the floor.

“Tony!” Ziva shouted running over to him. She lifted him up so she was coddling him. SHe looked into his eyes and saw his pain and fear.

“Ziva.” Tony whispered, “Ziva I...” He wasn’t able to finish, he collapsed into her, his eyes empty.

“No! Tony!” She cried out in despiration. She began CPR, giving him two slow and steady breaths. “Damnnit Gibbs, help me!” She shouted between comperssions. Gibbs followed Ziva’s order, taking over compressions and Ziva continued to give him breaths. Soon, Gibbs stopped realizing what happened.

“Ziva.” Gibbs said quietly.

“No Gibbs he’s not dead, he can’t be!” Ziva cried in desperation.

“Ziva.” Gibbs touched her shoulder gently. She looked down at his face and broke down. She sob, unable to control herself. And Gibbs held her close, allowing a few of his own tears to fall onto her head.

Ziva was paralyzed with pain, she couldn’t move. The only thing she was able to do was sob into Gibbs’ chest, and let him comfort her. She wasn’t aware of what was going on around her. She felt herself being lifted up by Gibbs and being carried to a car. He layed her in the back seat, and was tols to try to sleep. Gibbs got into the drivers seat and drove both of them back to the NCIS building, slowly and carefully. By the time they reached the building, Ziva’s uncontroable sobs had been reduced to silent tears, and she was almost asleep. Gibbs decided to carry her into the squadroom, ignoring wierd looks from the other agents. He layed her down behind her desk, using a backpack for a pillow, and his and her coats for a blanket. Before she fell asleep, she heard the begining of Gibbs’ conversation with the rest of the team.

“Hey, Boss.” Mcgee greeted him cheerfully, then he saw Ziva, and the tone of his voice change from happy to worried, “What’s wrong with Ziva?”

“And where’s Tony?” Abby asked, “And why did Ducky leave in such a big hurry?” Gibbs didn’t answer any of there questions, but when he looked up at them, and they saw the small tears in Gibbs’ eyes, they knew.

“No! No! He can’t be! Gibbs, tell me it’s not true!” Abby shouted, and that was the last thing Ziva heard before she fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“No... No...” ZIva mummbled in her sleep.

“Ziva, Ziva honey, wake up.” He shook her shoulder, and she was awake instantly.

“Oh! Tony!” She shoted at him, wrapping him in a giant bear hug, never wanting to let go.

“Yeah, honey, you okay?” Tony was a little confused at the moment. Ziva never acted like this, not in the 7 years that he had known her, and not in the 3 years that they had been married.

“I thought you were dead.” Ziva explained. “You were blown up in a terrorist explosion, and I tried to save you but couldn’t, and before you died you tried to tell me that you loved me, and... and...”

“Ziva, it’s okay, it was just a dream. I’m right here I’m not going anywhere.” He reassured her. He layed her back down, “Try to sleep okay.” She nodded and snuggled loser to him, laying her head on his chest. He held her protectivly, reassuring her that he was still there, and that he wasn’t going anywhere.

When Ziva had fallen asleep again, her nightmere was replaced with a beautiful dream. A dream of her and Tony, together for ever, and that is how it was going to be.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoy the story, the ending is cheesey, but sometimes, cheesey's a good thing!