- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The team is sent to Britain to work on a top secret case. No one knows exactly where it's located, and are refused to be told until they get there. Completely clueless, the team gets the most shocking experience of their lives. Their mission turns out to be taking place at a magical school in the middle of nowhere called Hogwarts...
Chapter 1 - Secrets

It turned out to be a rather boring week at the office, according to Tony. He actually had taken up the habit of shooting spitballs at McGee when he wasn't looking. A bit of a childish habit, but he couldn't help it. He already threw balls of paper into his boss's wastebasket, which happened to be a new record for him. He flicked rubber bands at Ziva across the bullpen, which almost resulted in him losing an arm. He even pulled a few pranks on Abby, containing a few bright pink decorations. Note to never decorate a Goth's office with frilly, pink streamers and furniture; they tend to be overprotective of their territory.
After the fourth spitball, McGee looked up to glare at Dinozzo once again.
"Will you stop that?"
Tony faked a sigh of impatience, while shuffling papers on his desk, pretending to be involved with paperwork. "What are you talking about, probie?"
"Weren't you just shooting spitballs at my face?"
Tony turned in his chair and gave him a serious look. He paused for a moment, debating with himself. He decided that he hadn't had anything interesting to do since Ziva attacked him, he went for it. "Why, yes, I am."
McGee just gave him a blank stare. "Don't you think that's a bit childish?"
"So? I'm having a good time, I don't know about you."
"Well, being on the receiving end tends to annoy most people," McGee said with a stern look.
"It's not meant for the enjoyment of the receiver, but for the shooter. I would have guessed you learned that in high school, probie!" Tony said shocked.
McGee glared at him and opened his mouth to snap back when the boss came briskly into the pen, slapping Dinozzo in the back of the head.
"Play nice, Dinozzo!"
"Boss! I was just-"
"Shooting spitballs at McGee?" Gibbs said cocking his brow while bending down to pick up his gear.
Tony changed the topic. "Going somewhere, boss?"
"Yup, grab your gear. We're heading out to the airport."
"The airport? Where are we heading?" Ziva said speaking for the first time, since her 'arm wrestling' act with Tony.
"Britain. Don't ask for details, until we're on the flight," Gibbs said, heading towards the elevator.
"Britain? Hopping across the great pond, are we?" Dinozzo said smiling with a bounce in his step.
Ignoring his comment, Ziva said, "Why not? Should we not get detailed on everything that has happened? Was it a murder, a terrorist attack?"
"I said no details until we're on the plane, David," Gibbs said pushing the elevator button.
McGee barely made it through before the doors closed. "Why can't we know?" he asked.
"Top secret, McGee. And I don't want to have to say it again. No more questions until we're on the damn plane," Gibbs said seriously.
Everyone looked at Gibbs from the corner of their eyes, not saying a word. They were all thinking the same thing: 'What was the secret?'