- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
well the title says it all...
Chapter 3 - Arrival

Gibbs came out of the cockpit and went over to his three team members. Ziva was reading leisurely out of a magazine and McGee was sleeping with his mouth open in the chair next to her. So, naturally, Tony was sitting across from him trying to throw little scraps of paper into McGee's mouth, but upon seeing the brisk pace of his boss, he stuffed the paper into his chair and snapped to attention.

"Buckle up people, it's gonna be a bumpy ride," Gibbs said sitting down to buckle up himself.

While buckling up Ziva said, "Are we going through turbulence?"

Tony crumpled the piece of paper he had and threw it at McGee's head, jerking the sleeping team member awake.

"Nope. Landing. There's storm clouds ahead, so we're gonna be bouncing around a bit."

And sure enough, as soon as they buckled their seat belts, the plane dipped, jerked and rose, shaking from side to side. They had to hold on to their armrests just to stay in their seats. McGee was gripping his hands so hard they turned white, his eyes were closed and his face was scrunched. Tony wasn't doing much better; he was trying hard not to fly forward out of his seat. Whenever he finally straightened himself, the plane tipped and he fell into his boss, who wasn't having fun with Dinozzo falling into his lap every thirty seconds. Gibbs and Ziva weren't having as much difficulty with their balance as the other two, but they still struggled to remain in their seats.

Apparently, which they found out later, that Hestia was a terrible flier. In fact she barely passed her flight exam five years ago, and this was her first flight since then. When they landed, they jerked so hard that Tony flew forward so fast that his seat belt snapped. He was sent crashing into McGee, then rolling along the floor when the plane turned. Once it jerked to a stop, Moody came out of the cockpit saying, "So everyone have a safe flight?"

All of the NCIS members shot him a look.

"You can create fire and water, freeze things in midair, but you can't cast a spell or something that will help us stay in our seats?" Dinozzo said picking himself up of the ground.

"Hmm, I think you're talking about the sticking charm. One wave and you can stick your rump to the seat like glue," Moody gruffed.

"And you couldn't put that on us while experiencing a flight like that?!" Tony said rubbing the back of his head.

Moody just shrugged. "Forgot," he said turning around to retrieve Hestia.

Tony looked dumbfounded, while Gibbs smirked. He was beginning to like the gruff wizard. 'Wizard. Still can't get my mind wrapped around that,' he thought.

When Hestia and Moody came back out of the cockpit, Hestia spoke first. "Sorry about the landing! I turned out to be a little rusty at the landing..."

"A little rusty?! How long was it since you last flew a plane?!" Tony exclaimed.

"Uhh, a few years..."

"How long exactly is a few years?" Ziva interrupted.

Hestia grew a bit nervous. She didn't like how the female NCIS agent was looking at her. "Five years."

"Five 'years'?" McGee asked shell-shocked.

"She got us here in one piece, didn't she? SO stop complaining. We're wizards. Even if we did fall out of the sky, we wouldn't crash and burn," Moody growled.

"Even so. I thought it was incredibly stupid. What if you were knocked out from the turbulence? Or-"

Gibbs cut Ziva off in mid-sentence. "So, we gonna get going or what?"

Ziva gave an impatient look.
Chapter End Notes:
sorry! i grew hungry! wait until after I eat to read more!!