- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My rewrite of Leap of Faith written to the song Tears of an Angel by Rayn Dan
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Ziva, he fell he's..."
Cover my eyes, cover my ears tell me these words are a lie. It can't be true that
I'm losing you, the sun cannot fall from the sky.

Ziva stared at the picture in her hand, trying to forget the days events, but cannot.

"Ziva," it's Gibbs' voice but she blocks it out. "Ziva he fell he's..." She blocks the rest out completely not able to bare to hear the rest.

Can you here heaven cry the tears of an angel, tears of an angel.

She wanted to cry, nut not in front of him. She was too strong, she could not let others see her cry.

Stop every clock, the stars are in shock, the river won't run to the sea.

Time seemed to stand still. She was lost without him.

I won't let you fly, I won't say goodbye, I won't let you slip away from me.

She held his id badge so tightly it was imprinted into her hand. "He's not gone Gibbs." she stated simply, not able to face reality.

Can you hear heaven cry the tears of an angel, tears of an angel.

She was sill trying to hold back her tears, but it became harder to do as she flashed back to the previous events.

~Flashback~

So hold on be strong everyday hope will grow.

"Tony!" Ziva shouted as she ran over to the ledge that he had just jumped over.

"Ziva, Ziva help me!" He begged trying to keep his grip on the wall.

I'm here, don't you fear. Little one, don't let go.

"Take my hand Tony." She commanded as she reached down for Tony's hand. He gripped the one hand and was about to grab the other when he lost his grip on Ziva's one hand and fell, screaming the whole way until he was silenced with a sickly snap.
~end flashback~

Cover my eyes, cover my ears, tell me these words are a lie.

"Ziva, he's dead." Gibbs was finally able to admit. Ziva, unable to hold in her tears any longer, looked up from the picture she was holding of Tony and sobbed into Gibbs' chest.
Chapter End Notes:
My rewrite of Leap of Faith written to the song Tears of an Angel by Rayn Dan