- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate's pregnant,what could happen?
It has been a big week for Gibbs. Chasing some one who doesn’t want to be found, its like looking for a needle in a haystack. Funnily enough that’s exactly where they found him, and just in time for the weekend to.
He walks inside and drops his things by the door.
“ Kate” he calls out seeing the hallway light on. He walks down the hall and see’s the bedroom light on. He walks in and see’s her packing clothes into a bag.
“ Where are you going?’ he asked.
“ To Abby’s” she simply said.
“ Why? Katie?” he said walking closer to her.
“ Why? Let me ask a question. Do you want this baby Jethro?”
“ Yes of course I do” he said stepping towards her. She steps back from him.
“ Well when are you going to start acting like it. Do you even remember what today was?” she asked starring at him. She could his brain ticking over trying to remember what today was.
“ Our first ultra sound. I told you about it days ago and you promised that you would make it”. She just wanted to cry so much but she held it in. She had to be strong.
“ Katie I’m so sorry. I just”
“ Got caught up with work, yeah I know. It always seems to be work” she said cutting him off.
“ Kate you know how hard it is to get away” he said following her down the hall.
“ I did know, but how hard is it to leave Tony in charge with two other agents spare while you are gone for 45 minutes, an hour tops” she said almost yelling at him. She grabbed her phone, the charger and her car keys. He couldn’t find the words to explain that.
“ I thought you were serious about this, but I was wrong” she said then walked out. Gibbs followed her out.
“ Kate wait. Kate, please” he called after her. She stopped and turned around just as she reached her car.
“ Come back inside and we can talk about it”
“ Jethro I’m sick of talking. Your all talk and no action” she got in the car and left.
He watched as his wife and child left him, for the second time.
‘ She didn’t even tell me where she was going’ he thought to himself. He walked inside and it didn’t take him long before she had figured out where she would go.
“ Abby” he said into the phone.
“ Oh hey Gibbs, what’s up?” she said in her cheery voice.
“ Is Kate staying at yours?” he asked.
“ Yeah she is”
“ You have to tell her to come home”
“ Gibbs this is between you and her, I’m just letting her stay here I don’t want to get involved”
“ Abby you are involved” he pointed out.
“ I’m sorry Gibbs I have o go” she said then hung up on him.
“ Abby” he yelled trying to keep her on the phone. He slammed the phone down when he realised she was gone. He doesn’t know what to do. He walks over to the lounge and flops down onto it. He looks at his phone and decides to try and call Kate.
“ Hey you have reached Caitlin Gibbs’ phone, I cant come to the phone right now, leave a message and I’ll get back to you Beep”. He hung up knowing that she would not return his calls.

Abby opened the door and helped Kate with her bags.
“ Thankyou so much for letting me stay here. I don’t think I could have survived with my mum or sister” Kate said with a small smile. Abby gave her a sympathetic smile.
“ I’m happy to help” she said. Abby showed Kate her room, it was the only normal bedroom in her house. Kate put her bags on the bed, sat down next to them and sighed.
“ I just don’t see why he would let this happen” she said softly.
“ I’m sure he didn’t mean it. He has been very busy” Abby said trying to stick up for Gibbs.
“ Abby he missed our first ultra sound. I had reminded him weeks in advanced and he still didn’t make it. He has done some things in the past that were forgivable but this, this I cannot ignore” she said holding back tears.
“ Kate I’m sorry. He’ll come around, I’m sure of it” Abby said sitting down next to Kate.
“ How can you be so sure?”
“ Kate you are his world and although it doesn’t seem like it he does care about this baby. He is just scared that’s all” she explained to Kate. Kate nodded knowing what Abby was talking about.
“ Thanks again Abs” she said. Abby put an arm around her and Kate leaned into letting the tears she was holding back fall.

“ Morning Gibbs” a cheerful Ziva greeted him as he entered the bullpen. She didn’t get a reply not even a look. Ziva looked over at Tony who was looking at Gibbs then looked back Ziva. Tony mouthed ‘Kate’ towards Ziva. Ziva nodded her head realising what he was talking about.
“ DiNozzo” Gibbs growled.
“ Yes boss” Tony said looking at Gibbs.
“ Mind your own business”
“ Yes boss, of course” he replied not wanting to anger him anymore.

For months Kate and Gibbs were apart and neither of them could handle it but Kate could not find it in her heart to forgive him until he could prove he wanted the baby as much as she does.
It is coming up to the 7th month.
“ So how’s Kate?” Tony asked as he entered Abby’s lab.
“ She’s good” Abby said with a smile.
“ Is she really big?’ Tony asked almost laughing at the thought of Kate with a huge stomach.
“ Not really, I mean obviously she’s bigger then normal but she’s a good size. If I was pregnant I would want to look like her” Abby said not realising Gibbs had walked into the lab.
“ Is that so?” he said softly.
“ Hey Gibbs” Abby said still happy.
“ I was just leaving” Tony said feeling the tension in the room and left.
“ You know he just cares about her. We all do” Abby said facing Gibbs.
“ Yeah, I know. How is she?” he asked. Abby smiled.
“ She’s fine and so is the baby. She goes for afternoon walks and always has diner ready when I come home”. She see’s the hope in his eyes and the hurt.
“ She misses you Gibbs. She doesn’t know it but I hear her pray for you” she told him. He looked at her in disbelief.
“ She cries herself to sleep. Gibbs you need to fix this” Abby said almost pleading him.
“ Yeah” he said, kissed her on the cheek and left.
Gibbs entered the bullpen, grabbed his things from his desk.
“ DiNozzo, your in charge” he said then left.
“ Is he kidding?” Tony asked no one in particular.
“ I don’t think so” McGee said.

“ God damit Gibbs, turn your phone on” Abby yells into her phone as she speeds towards NCIS HQ. She stormed into the bullpen.
“ Where’s Gibbs?” she said almost yelling.
“ I haven’t seen him since he left yesterday” Tony answered her.
“ Well I need him now” she said.
“ Abby what’s wrong?” McGee asked coming out from behind his desk.
“ It’s Kate. She’s…she’s in the hospital”
“ What??” they heard a voice yell from behind them. They all turn around to see Gibbs making his way to them.
“ Why is your phone turned off?” Abby asked.
“ Abby!” he yells at her.
“ She’s at Bethesda. She started having contractions Gibbs” Abby tells him. Gibbs runs out as quick as he ran in.
“ Isn’t it to early for contractions, she’s only at 7 months” McGee said.
“ Thanks for pointing that out McGee” Tony said.

Gibbs screeches to a stop at the front of Bethesda. He runs inside up to the front desk.
“ Can I help you sir?” a young nurse asked.
“ Caitlin Gibbs, where is she?” he demands.
“ Are you a relative sir?” the nurse asks casually.
“ I’m her bloody husband, now where is she?” he barks.
“ Ok, she’s in room 206”
“ Which is where?”
“ Just around the corner” she points and Gibbs takes off in that direction. He stopped as he saw 206 on a closed door to his right. He knocked softly.
“ Come in” he heard a soft voice say. He opened the door slowly and saw his beautiful wife laying in the hospital bed, a bump showing.
“ Jethro, what are you doing here?” she said trying to sit up properly.
“ Abby told me what happened. I wanted to see if your ok” he said moving towards her bed.
“ Every things fine” she said looking at him. It has been months since she has seen him. She doesn’t want to admit it but she has missed him. She hasn’t stopped thinking about him since she left. He sits down on the side of her bed. He cant take his eyes of her. She is just as beautiful as when she left, maybe more. She has a certain glow to her.
“ What?” she asked softly.
“ Your just so…beautiful” he says quietly. Kate smiles at him and he smiles back. She can take it anymore. She wants to be home with him, with her husband.
“ I’m so sorry Jethro” she said.
“ Katie” he started to say.
“ Jethro I want you, I need you. I can’t do this on my own. I was selfish for leaving. I love you Jethro” she said. He moved up closer to her, kissed and hugged her.
“ I love you to” he said kissing her again.
They sat there holding each other, while listening to the baby’s heart beat.
“Girl or Boy?” he asks placing his hand on Kate’s stomach. Kate smiled.
“ Girl” she said with a bright smile on her face. She saw Gibbs’ face light up as she told him.