- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What happens when one of Gibbs' family members is hurt????
The elevator doors dinged open and out stepped a 17 year old girl with a school bag on her back. She walks toward the bullpen.
“ Tony where’s mum” she says standing in front of his desk. Tony looked up from the report he was reading.
“ Sarah what are you doing here? And what happened to you?” he said getting up off his chair and walking over to her.
“ Its nothing. So where’s mum?” she asked again.
“ I’m not sure, in a meeting somewhere. You should really get Ducky to look at that” he said looking at her lip and cheek. Kate then walked into the bullpen.
“ Sarah what are you doing here? Why aren’t you at school?” she asked.
“ Mum” she exclaimed and ran to her and hugged her.
“ Hey what’s wrong?” she asked pulling Sarah off her to look at her. That’s when she saw what was wrong.
“ What happened to you? Who did this?” she asked. Kate took her to her desk and sat her down. Kate knelt down in front of her.
“ It was Jason. I told him it was either me or his football and he hit me saying that I don’t have a right to threaten him” she told Kate.
“ Have you been home yet?” Kate asked.
“ No I came straight here”
“ Good, I don’t think your dad will take this to well” she said standing up. She looked around the bullpen.
“ Ziva can you take Sarah down to Ducky” she said looking towards her old desk.
“ Sure” Ziva replied getting up from her seat and took Sarah downstairs. Kate sat down on her seat and put her head in her hands.
“ Are you ok Kate?” McGee asked.
“ Do you know how hard it is to protect your daughter McGee. Protect her from the violent men out there. Protect her while your at work and she’s at school” she said looking at him.
“ No, no I don’t” he replied.
“ Then no I’m not ok. Her own boyfriend hit her and now I have to tell Jethro” she said looking at him.
“ And we all know how well that will go down” Tony added.
“ Exactly. There is no way we can hide it, I mean you saw her face plus I could never lie to him especially not about this” she said.
“ About what?” came the deep voice she was not ready to hear yet.
“ Nothing for you to worry about” she said getting up off her chair and kissing him.
“ What are you doing here? I thought you were going spend today at home in the garden” she said.
“ I am, I just had to get more seeds then thought I would drop in” he said. Kate smiled at him and kissed him again. Ever since he retired he has been happier and more romantic then ever. Then Ziva and Sarah walked back into the bullpen.
“ Dad what are you doing here?” Sarah said surprised.
“ I could ask you the same question” he replied. It was then he looked at her lip and cheek. He walked towards her to get a better look.
“ Who did this to you?” he asked touching her face lightly. She looked away from him.
“ Sarah” he said.
“ It was Jason” she finally told him. The anger building up in him could be felt through out the rom. Kate stepped next to Gibbs and took his hand.
“ Jethro calm down, we’ll deal with it” she told him.
“ Kate he hit our daughter, do not tell me to calm down. Where is he?” he asked Sarah. She was still shocked at her dads reaction. She has never seen him like this. She knew he overreacted but never like this.
“ Sarah where is he?” he ordered.
“ At school. Probably on the oval” she said quickly. Gibbs turned and walked towards the elevator. Kate got a bad feeling.
“ Sarah stay here” she said grabbing her bag and coat and chasing after Gibbs.
“ You are one lucky kid you know” Tony said once they were gone.
“ Why’s that?” Sarah asked.
“ Well when I tired to kiss a girl she kicked me in the…”
“ Below the belt” Sarah says with a grin
“ Painfully below. I went home and told my parents and you know what they did. They laughed.” He told her.
“ Tony I think your situation was completely different to Sarah’s” McGee pointed out. They laughed in agreement.
“ I’m going to visit Abby, is that ok?” Sarah asked.
“ Yeah sure” Ziva said with a smile.

Gibbs pulled up out the front of the school. He jumped out of the car and slammed the door behind him. Kate followed quickly behind him.
They made their way to the football oval at the back of the school. They could see him throwing footballs across the field. He was finishing up and heading towards the showers when Gibbs and Kate reached him.
“ Jason” Kate called out after him as they moved closer. Jason stopped and turned around to see Kate and Gibbs coming towards him.
“ Hey” he said with a smile. Gibbs walked right up to him.
“ Do you get a kick out of smacking your girlfriend” Gibbs said seriously.
“ I don’t know what your talking about” Jason said turning away from him. Gibbs’ anger got the best of him as he grabbed Jason and held him up against the wall. Kate got out her phone and opened the picture of Sarah’s face and showed Jason.
“ Still don’t know what we are talking about?” Gibbs asked. Jason looked away from the picture.
“ You don’t understand” he started to say but Gibbs pushed him harder against the wall.
“ There is no reason you should hit a girl, especially a 17 year old girl. If you touch her again I swear to god I will hunt you down and make you wish you had never met her” he told him. Gibbs let him go and walked back towards the car.
“ Jethro” Kate said as they got into the car.
“ Don’t” was all he said.
“ Don’t what?”
“ I know what your going to say and I don’t want to hear it”
“ All I was going to say was you should of hit him” she said. Gibbs couldn’t believe what she just said. Kate is normally the mediator of most situations. He smiled and gave a little chuckle, he grabbed Kate’s hand and squeezed it.

Sarah was sitting on her bed looking at the photos of her and Jason. She wanted to cry but couldn’t. She wanted to rip the photos up but couldn’t. She was so confused and scared at the same time. There was so much more she wanted to tell her parents but didn’t know how and was scared of their reaction. A knock at her door interrupted her thoughts.
“ Come in” she said putting down the photo she was holding. Kate walked in and sat down next to Sarah on her bed.
“ Are you ok?” she ask softly.
“ Yeah. I just don’t know what to do” Sarah said.
“ I know its hard to understand why he did it but believe me your better off without him” Kate said.
“ Mum I just don’t know why he said he loved me but then hurt me. Dad hasn’t hurt you has he?” she asked looking up at Kate.
“ No, well not physically anyway” Kate said grabbing Sarah’s hand. Sarah gave her small smile.
“ Well I should let you get some sleep” Kate said kissing Sarah on the forehead then getting up. Kate was just at the door when Sarah stopped her.
“ Mum wait. There’s something else” she said.
“ What is it?” she asked moving back towards the bed.
“ Well…I didn’t want to tell you while Dad was around because it’s kind of embarrassing” she said not looking at her mum.
“ Sweetie you can tell me anything” Kate said. Sarah drew in a deep breath and let it out.
“ Ok. Don’t overreact ok”. Kate nodded.
“ I’m not a virgin anymore” she said. Kate smiled at her not knowing what to say.
“ But the thing is I didn’t want to do it. He…he forced himself” Sarah couldn’t continue as she remembered that night.
“ He rapped you?” Kate said. Sarah shook her head.
“ No, it wasn’t liked that”
“ Sarah you didn’t want it yet he continued. If he was decent he would of waited” Kate told her. Sarah didn’t say anything. She knew her mum was right.
“ Get some sleep” She said and kissed her on the forehead. Kate got up to leave again.
“ Mum, don’t hurt him” Sarah said. Kate just nodded her head and closed the door behind her. She stood there trying to come to terms with what her daughter just told her. She cant even think how bad it must have been for her. It was then that Kate’s heart rate started to speed up and her protective motherly instincts kicked in. She walked down the hall, grabbed her hand bag including her gun. Gibbs turned away from the tv when he heard rummaging around behind him.
“ Kate, what are you doing?” he asked getting up off the lounge.
“ I’m going to take care of Jason so he can’t hurt anyone else” she said and turned for the door. Gibbs grabbed her arm to stop her.
“ Kate I think your overreacting. We sorted him out before now just let it go” he told her. Kate shook her head. She could feel the tears and hurt welling up inside of her.
“ You don’t understand” she said.
“ Well then tell me” he ordered. Kate looked at him with hurt in her eyes.
“ Kate!” he said becoming impatient. Kate couldn’t take it. She let the tears fall heavily.
“ He…rapped our little girl Jethro” she cried. He didn’t know what to say. He thought about it for a bit and realised she was overreacting. He wrapped his arms around her.
“ He rapped her” she cried out again.
“ Katie let go of your gun” he said softly. She dropped the gun to the ground. She couldn’t believe what she was going to do. She hid her face in Gibbs chest, still crying. He held her tight and kissed her head.
Today had been so stressful for the both of them and what Sarah had told her just pushed her over the egde.