- Text Size +
Chapter Four


Tony stayed quiet and subdued as Gibbs drove the very short distance to the hotel. His hands moved over his thighs, clenching into fists and then releasing, and Gibbs was very aware that Tony’s nerves were getting the better of him.

“DiNozzo, we don’t have to…”

“Don’t have to?” Tony asked, his voice higher pitched than normal. “We don’t have to? Of course we don’t! But this is something I’ve been waiting for…You think I’m backing off now, Boss?”

“Hoping not,” Gibbs replied. Tony didn’t answer and Gibbs stepped around to the trunk, removing his duffle himself and handing the keys over to the valet. He explained that they needed the car in three hours. Check-in was a breeze. Tony insisted that they use the NCIS credit card, certain that Vance would understand. Gibbs didn’t much care. Tony made a few comments about a photo shoot and threw in one that he was Gibbs’ personal entourage, which made Gibbs roll his eyes. Whatever made Tony comfortable in the end was okay with him, but when DiNozzo went so far over the top, Gibbs found himself unable to relate. The room was put in the name of Gus Bricker and as Gibbs looked on, he found himself musing.

He and Tony had such different upbringings. Gibbs didn’t have to look beneath the surface to understand that Tony had been largely starved for human companionship when he’d been a child, where Gibbs had a very attentive mother and father. They’d both lost their mothers very young, but instead of the way Jack had hovered and watched out for Gibbs, even when he didn’t want it, Tony’s father had pushed him farther away. Whatever his reasons, DiNozzo senior definitely had a lot to answer for.

Gibbs pulled in a breath and shifted the strap of his duffle higher onto his shoulder. It wasn’t a good idea to think of fathers and sons now. That would pull in some comparisons he didn’t need at the moment. He had to view Tony as an equal and not a guy who needed a father figure. This could never work if he focused on that.

Gibbs strode into the elevator and leaned against the wall, looking at Tony, remembering his arms around him, remembered Tony jacking him off, the feel of Tony’s mouth on his hand, cleaning him off.

Yeah…that was it. That was much better. Gibbs let out a low satisfied sound and relaxed against the elevator wall, trying to dim the emotion he knew was probably reflected in his eyes.

“You went from serious to intense,” Tony remarked and Gibbs realized the other man had been studying him. “You okay?”

Tony’s concern and his innocent look was enough to push Gibbs’ arousal higher. He wasn’t sure why he felt the need to goad DiNozzo, but a part of him wanted to. “You tell me,” Gibbs retorted. “You had more than a handful.”

Even when Gibbs was flirting with a suspect, he wasn’t unusually this blatant. He’d been brash and aggressive when he’d been a teen, but the Marines had shaped him and smoothed the edges, giving him charm and refining his brashness to bluntness. But right now, he didn’t want to be charming with Tony. He wanted to be as direct as he could, to lay it all out on the table so that neither of them could retreat.

Tony swallowed hard, his eyes drifting down to Gibbs’ pants. He wasn’t hard yet, but he would be before too long. And if Tony kept looking at him with that intensity, it would be mere seconds before he was raging.

“Don’t do that,” Gibbs said quietly, licking his lips.

“What?” Tony asked, all innocence even as he stepped closer.

“Give me that look, Makes me want to…”

“To what?” Tony finished in a whisper. Despite the fact that Gibbs was older, despite the fact that he was an accomplished date and lover, he felt at a supreme disadvantage when Tony turned on the charm. Gibbs knew he had to take the upper hand or he might end up the one with his pants around his ankles and a cock up his ass.

“To fuck you,” Gibbs growled, closing the narrowing distance between them. He pulled Tony close by grabbing fistfuls of DiNozzo’s shirt. They were maybe an inch at most apart, but it didn’t matter. Gibbs ground his mouth on Tony’s, leg pressing between DiNozzo’s, thigh exerting pressure on Tony’s crotch.

Gibbs wasn’t confident in his abilities to be a male lover, but he knew how to kiss. Man, woman, it was no different beyond the stubble and muscles. He released Tony’s shirt, his mouth demanding entry, his arms wrapping around Tony and holding him close, anchoring him in place with thigh and arms and mouth.

Tony struggled at first, but Gibbs tightened his arms fractionally, letting Tony know that he wasn’t getting free no matter what he did, and Tony relaxed, mouth softening, body molding itself to Gibbs’. It shouldn’t have been that easy and a part of him wished Tony was fighting, while the other part just enjoyed what was being offered. Gibbs kissed Tony more gently now, as if they had all the time in the world, as if there wasn’t a security camera recording their every moment.

He didn’t pull back until they were on their floor, thankful that their elevator had been slow rather than fast. Tony’s eyes were clouded as Gibbs moved away. It took him a few moments for them to sharpen.

“Coming?” Gibbs asked, mussing Tony’s hair affectionately before he turned away.

“Close,” Tony responded, falling into line behind Gibbs. There was something comforting about them taking on these normal roles for the moment, in the midst of everything changing. Both of them knew that once that hotel room door closed, it was all gonna change forever.

“DiNozzo,” Gibbs said quietly, turning. They’d reached the door now and he leaned against it, gazing at Tony.

“Yeah, Boss?” Tony looked younger and vulnerable, and Gibbs knew he had to be sure Tony was ready for this. If he wasn’t, Gibbs stood to lose a hell of a lot more than the best agent he’d ever worked beside; and he wasn’t ready for that. While they didn’t spend a lot of time together, Gibbs had come to think of Tony as a friend, even if he had never voiced it. And he had to be absolutely sure that Tony was as ready for this as he was.

“You know when that door opens, we can’t go back, Tony,” Gibbs said quietly.

“You think I want to go back?” Even though Tony’s voice was hushed, there was a note of astonishment in it, shock that Gibbs couldn’t quite place yet.

“Do ya?”

“Hell no.” Tony said firmly. Mirroring what Gibbs had done in the elevator, Tony stepped forward, jamming his own leg between Gibbs’, and kissed him hungrily. When Gibbs was squirming and panting in a very un-Gibbs-like fashion, Tony pulled back, his eyes electric now.

“I want you, Boss. I’ve been waiting so long for you to make a move. I’m ready. I’m more than ready. All you have to do is open the door and let me in.”

“Just had to know, Tony.”

“And now you do. We only have three hours. You ready?”

“Ready.”