- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and its owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Alone

After coming into the bullpen he threw his backpack on the floor and stood there for a minute. He looked upstairs and then turned to the stairs and started walking up them. When he got upstairs he walked up and down the hallway and then turned to the railing, gripped it and lowered his head. He didn’t know what to do and he didn’t like knowing not what to do. Should he just go ask for a reassignment, or should he just stay here.

Gibbs, Ziva and McGee came into the bullpen and they saw Tony’s backpack on the floor by his desk, but didn’t see him. They looked around and then they looked up the stairs. They stared at Tony as he stood there with a bowed head. They saw as he looked towards the Director’s office and then head towards it. They wondered what was happening.

Tony closed his eyes and gripped the handrail and then he turned towards the Director’s office. It was now, or never he thought to himself. He pushed away and walked towards the door and opened it.

“Hello, Tony.” Cynthia said as she greeted him.

“Hi. Is the Director in?”

“Yes, she is.” She spoke into the phone to tell Directors Shepard that Tony DiNozzo was waiting for her. “Go in, Tony.”

“Thank you, Cynthia.” He said as he walked towards the door and opened it.

“You wanted to see me?”

“Yes, I want to know is it possible for me to have a transfer to another team as a Senior Agent?”

“Yes, it is. Why may I ask?”

“The team doesn’t want me anymore and I want to go where I’m wanted. I need a fresh start.”

“Did they tell you this?”

They told him by saying that they were all at Ziva’s little dinner party, but he didn’t say that. “Yes.”

“Okay, I’ll check around and see if anyone needs a Senior Agent.”

“Thank you Director.”

“You’re welcome. We will miss you.”

“You will be the only one then.”

He walked out of the office and down the stairs. He then went to his desk, sat down and then turned on his computer.

“What did you see the Director for, DiNozzo?” asked Gibbs.

“Nothing boss.” Tony said not looking up at Gibbs as he said this. He had his resume up and was updating it, so he wouldn’t have to do it at a later time. He had saved it and exited the program when Gibbs’s phone rang and he told everyone to grab their gear.

It was 5:00 when Gibbs told everyone to go home and that they would continue tomorrow. He watched as Tony picked up his backpack and walk towards the elevators. He knew something was wrong with Tony, but he didn’t know what it was. He turned back towards the computer and then down to part of the report that was gathered today.

He saw someone by his desk and when he looked up he was surprised that it was the Director.

“Why did you say you didn’t want Tony as your Senior Agent anymore? Don’t you know that we are losing one of the best Agents around?”

“What do you mean I don’t want Tony as my number one?” He asked curiously.

“You told him that you didn’t want him anymore. I don’t know why you did it, but he is a good Agent and doesn’t deserve that.”

“I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“He came to me today asking for a transfer to another team because he told me that you told him he wasn’t wanted anymore. Why would he do that if it wasn’t true?”

“I don’t know, Jenny.” He got up and grabbed his coat and stormed out.

He was going to find out why his Senior Agent told the Director he wasn’t wanted anymore.