- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and its owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Alone

Gibbs parked in one of the many parking spaces that were left over at Tony’s apartment complex. He locked the door and briskly walked up to the elevator that would deposit him to the fourth floor where Tony’s apartment was.

Finding the right door he knocked on it and waited for the occupant to open up. This wasn’t the first time that he had been to DiNozzo’s apartment and he hoped that it wasn’t the last. The door finally opened.

“What do you think you’re doing, DiNozzo?”

“What are you talking about and why are you here?”

“I just talked to the Director, Tony.”

“She wasn’t supposed to say anything until she found me another job. What are you doing here?” He asked again.

“I don’t want you to leave Tony.”

“Right. Like I believe that. Now go away. I don’t want you here.”

“Tony talk to me please.”

“Why should I talk to you? I have nothing to say to you anyways.”

“Because I’m your boss and I’m your friend.”

“No you won’t be my boss for long and you definitely are not my friend. Now please leave.” Tony said as he started to shut the door.

“No, Tony I won’t leave. I want to know what’s happening. Why do you want a reassignment? Why did you tell the Director that we don’t want you anymore? It’s not true you know.”

“Of course it’s true.”

“What happened to make you feel that way?”

“You honestly don’t know do you? You have no idea what you did do you?”

“What is it, Tony. Talk to me.”

“You really want to know why I know that you don’t want me on your team?”

“That is why I asked.”

“Ziva’s party. You were there and so were McGee, Abby and Jimmy. I wasn’t there, or did you not notice.”

“Ziva said that you didn’t want to go.”

“How could I refuse when she didn’t even ask me?”

“What? She never asked you?”

“No, she didn’t. The first I heard of it was when we were in that shipping container. Anyways you should be happy in having a better Senior Agent in McGee. He’s your favorite anyways besides Abby.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Because when I was missing that one day you told him that I wasn’t dead and that he couldn’t have my job yet. Looks like he will now.”

“That was a joke, Tony.”

“Didn’t sound like one to me. My father was right you know. He said that nobody would care for me. He beat it into me for a long time I was just a slow learner. Goodbye, Gibbs. I will see you tomorrow and I have my resume and already typed up. All I need is the Director to tell me she has a job for me.”

“I am so sorry that Ziva’s exclusion hurt you.”

“It seems a little weird after all I almost died for her. Remember when we were pretending to be that married couple and we were captured and in the hotel room. He was going to kill me. He had already beaten me seven times.”

“Tony, I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you.”

“Right.”

“I didn’t know that she didn’t invite you. She said she did, but you refused.”

“Look. Just leave it. I don’t want to talk to you anymore. Please leave now.”

“Okay, Tony. I’ll leave, but I am still truly sorry.”

Gibbs turned to leave and walked towards the elevators. What was he going to do now he thought to himself?”