- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and its owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author Note: I don’t know if they do have a Texas Field Office. Sorry if they don’t have one there. I just wanted him to go to another field office, but not overseas.

Alone

Tony walked into the bullpen and threw his backpack by his desk like he does everyday. He sat down and turned on his computer and then turned to his desk and looked around for a pen. He heard the elevator ding, but didn’t look up as he turned back to the computer to check his emails and then started working on the current case they had. Gibbs came in a couple of minutes earlier with a cup of coffee in his hand. Suddenly Tony’s desk phone rang and he picked it up.

“DiNozzo.”

“Tony this is Cynthia. The Director wants to see you.”

“Thank you, I’ll be right up.” He put the phone back on the cradle and made his way up the steps.

“Why did you lie to me, Ziva?” Gibbs turned to the liaison officer as Tony opened the door to the Director’s office.

“You told me that Tony didn’t want to go to your dinner party. I had to find out that he wasn’t invited at all.”

“I guess I forgot.”

“You don’t forget things like that. This team is a team and it is also family. You do not exclude family.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s not me you have to be sorry to.”

“I already told him that I was sorry, Gibbs.”

The Director’s Office

“I just got word from the Texas Office. They have an opening for a Senior Field Agent. They want you there in a month.”

“Thank you, Director.”

“You’re Welcome, Tony.”

He got up and walked out of the office and down the stairs. He turned back to his computer and printed the resume off and handed it to Gibbs.

“I told you I don’t want this DiNozzo.”

“And I told you that I don’t care.” He said as he walked back to his desk.

McGee and Ziva were watching the two.

That day they solved the case. As they were gathering their things together Tony dropped folders on McGee’s desk.

“What are these, Tony?”

“This is what the Senior Agent needs to do. Since your going to be promoted you need to do the duties that I used to do. This folder is for the papers you need to fill out if you need anything from pens to more paper. He told McGee what the other folders were for.

“I don’t understand. Where are you going?”

“I’m going to Texas as a Senior Field Agent. They want me there in a month.”

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why are you leaving?”

“None of your business, probie.” He said as he walked back to his seat. He took out his box and put a few things into it. He would take the rest of his things later. He took out the box that he put Gibbs’s metals in and put them on McGee’s desk. “I forgot this. You have to pick up his metals that he gets at the awards ceremony. Here’s the key.” He went back to his desk and took the box and his backpack. Ziva, McGee and Gibbs watched him go.

“What is wrong with him?” Ziva asked.

Gibbs turned to her and glared at her before answering. “He thinks that we don’t want him around because you didn’t invite him to the dinner party and we were all there.”

“Gibbs I am sorry.”

“Are you truly sorry, Ziva, or are you lying again?”

“I am sorry.”

“Then make him understand. I can’t lose a good Agent like Tony because of you.”

“I will.”

“Listen and listen good. Tony does not have a good relationship with his father and he hasn’t talked to him for a very long time. Tony thinks of this group as his family. Don’t make me regret in taking you on as a Liaison Officer.”

“I will talk to him.”