- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and its owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Time for McGee and Abby to talk to Tony.

The next day was like the day before. Nobody knew what to say to Tony and so nothing was said. They worked mostly in silence as they were trying to find out who had killed their petty officer. Tony questioned the witnesses and got their statements. He then went back to Gibbs and told him what the witnesses said to him. They finished taking the pictures and bagging and tagging. They took off once again to headquarters.

Tony went home and got out his dinner and started eating and then suddenly there was a knock at the door and opened it to find Abby and McGee there.

“What are you two doing here?”

“We want you to stay here.”

“Right because you really made me think that because you were at that party and I wasn’t. I bet you had a great time without me there.”

“We didn’t know you weren’t invited, Tony. I am so sorry about that.”

“No you aren’t. You Abby know what my childhood was like. You and Gibbs of all people know what I am like and yet you both rubbed it in my face that you were at the party and I wasn’t. You know how I think of Gibbs and you and yet you did that to me.”

“I know, Tony and I am really sorry. If I knew that Ziva didn’t invite you than I would have never went there. I truly didn’t know that she didn’t invite you.”

“Right, so everyone tells me. I am tired of everyone saying they are sorry when they don’t mean it.”

“I am sorry, Tony. I never meant to hurt you.”

“You were like my sister Abby and yet you don’t care about me. Maybe you never did.”

“I care about you, Tony.”

“Tony, I am so sorry for what happened.” McGee said.

“Right sure you are McGee. I could see your smug little smile when I was told of the party. You never liked me. After all you wanted my job when I was missing.”

“I never wanted your job, Tony.”

“Then why were you smiling when Gibbs said that?”

“I was glad that you were back.”

“Sure you were.”

“I was, Tony.”

“Sure you were, McGee. You never liked me. I don’t blame you though with me calling you names. I only did that, so that you could stand up for yourself and so that you could be stronger and not let what others might call you to heart. I guess I succeeded. I also did it because you were like a little brother and I thought that’s what big brothers do. They tease their little brothers, but now I know that you never thought of me as a brother. Now please leave. I don’t want to hear that you are sorry when you are not.”

“I am sorry. I never knew. I thought that you didn’t like me.”

“At first I didn’t like you because you wanted my job and I didn’t know how to handle it, but it time you grew on me.”

“I don’t want you to leave, Tony.”

“In my lifetime I learned that you often don’t get what you want.”

“I am sorry, Tony. I truly am.”

“Sure you are. Now please leave.”

“We are sorry, Tony.”

He closed the door as soon as they both left. He was so sorry of hearing that they were sorry when they were not. He sat down on the couch and turned on the TV trying to tune out the world. This week was his last week and the last time that he would face these people. He wondered if he would be sad about it when the time came for it to be all over. Most of his things were already packed and put away and would be ready to go. He still had to get an apartment when he got to Texas. He was lucky that he wouldn’t be the senior agent right away. He still had enough time to actually look around and find a place to live.