- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and its owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Alone

Tony walked into the bullpen. This was his last day to work in this place where he thought he had friends and family, but he was truly wrong. He wondered what his life would be like when he arrived and got settled in. He knew that he couldn’t afford to be like he was here. He had learned his lesson and wouldn’t make that mistake again. He sat down at his chair and started the day like he always did. He started to look at his emails to see if there was anything in his inbox, but there was nothing. He then turned to a folder he was working on yesterday. There had been no cases yesterday and so it had been a slow day. He wanted to catch up on his paperwork today and get things done. He heard the elevator ding, but didn’t look up from his paperwork.

It was getting close to going home when the phone rang and it was the director wanted to see him before he left. He got up and walked up the steps for the last time and opened the door to go inside.

----

Downstairs

“I tried saying sorry for what happened, but I don’t think he believed me.” Replied Ziva

“I don’t blame him. He was really hurt and what I said didn’t help.”

“Abby and I went to his apartment the other day and he didn’t believe us either. I guess I did sort of smile as he was told that we had all gone to the party. Abby was devastated after we left. She said that she couldn’t believe that she did that to her brother. I have to say now that I think of him as my brother too. An older brother that is annoying, but will stick up for you. I never realized that until that.”

“I had hoped that if you say sorry and show that you were actually sorry that maybe he would see that we do care. I really didn’t want to lose him, but because of that dinner party it looks like we did.”

“I’m sorry, I never realized that it would hurt him.”

“Really. Tell me if your family, or friends had a dinner party and never invited you would you not be hurt?”

“I am sorry, Gibbs.”

------

Upstairs

“I want to thank you for the work that you did here and the excellent work you have done here.”

“Thank you, Director.”

“You’re Welcome, Agent DiNozzo. I am sorry to see you go, but I heard what happened. I am sorry at what happened.”

“It wasn’t your fault, Director.”

“I know, but I’m still sorry.”

“You are the only one who is sorry.”

“Good luck with your new job.”

“Thank you, Director.” He shook hands with the Director and then went back downstairs. He sat down and went back to work.

“Time to go home everyone.”

Tony grabbed the box that was sitting by the cabinet and then put the rest of his things into it and then put the lid on. He shut down the computer and then went towards the elevators. He put his things away and then got in and drove away.