- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and its owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Alone

He looked around the bullpen to the junior agents and to his new team leader. He had been here for a week and had already gotten an apartment and already moved his things into the apartment. He liked it here, but sometimes just sometimes he wished that he wasn’t gone from DC. Then he remembered why he was in Texas in the first place and didn’t wish that anymore. He knew that the others didn’t get him and neither did the team leader, but that was okay. It just kept the rest of the team at arms way. He liked it that way. He couldn’t afford to think of these people as family, or friends.

Four months passed and they were doing a good job at solving cases and putting away the bad guys. He loved the job and loved helping other people. He went back to his new home and carried in the box that was filled with his favorite pizza. He had just started to reach for the fifth piece when someone at the door knocked on it. He wondered who it was since he was still kind of new and nobody he knew from the his new job would possibly be at his place. When he opened it he wished that he had peeked thought the peep hole.

“Hello, Anthony.”

“What are you doing here and how did you find me?”

“I was about to call you and visit you in DC, but found out that you moved here. Imagine my surprise that you moved.”

“What are you doing here, Father?”

“What can’t I come here and visit my son?”

“No, you’ve never did before, so why now?”

“I’ve told you that nobody would care for you and I was right.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You are worthless and now your friends know it.”

“How did you find that out?”

“I have my ways Anthony.”

“What do you want?”

“I want you to come home.”

“No.”

“No? You don’t want to go home?”

“No. I want to stay here. I want to help put away the bad guys and want to help people.”

“Nobody cares about you. Why would you want to work somewhere that people don’t know about you? Why are you so unlovable? Why do I want you to come home? It’s to look after you, so you won’t get yourself into trouble. You need someone to look after you.”

“Right? Like you would do that? I don’t need looking after. I never did when I was younger. You have never looked after me. After all you left me in a hotel room by myself for two days. You didn’t even notice I was gone until you got the bill. The only thing you cared about is beating on me and your alcohol. You never cared about me.”

“Shut up, Tony.”

“No, I will not shut up. You’ve never cared about me. Why start now?”

Tony’s father turned to the two people who came in with him and nodded. They grabbed Tony and started beating on him. When they were done they left him on the floor and then left as they threw him down on the living room floor. The last couple of words he heard out of his fathers mouth was the reason why he had done this now was because he was away from the DC office and he told him that he was worthless.