- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Gibbs started taking pictures and then stopped as he watched his mentor Mike Franks talk to the witnesses. Then he started bagging the evedence when he saw something that was in the entrance of the alleyway. He went towards it as he watched Mike walk towards him. When he got there he bagged what he had found and looked up. There was a young boy who looked to be about 12 years old. He quietly walked up to the boy who was looking through the trash.

“Hello, little one. What’s your name?”

The little boy jumped down and started to run away, but Gibbs grabbed him and held on.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” Gibbs said gently. He could see the boy had already been hurt enough. He had bruises on his face and he didn’t like what he saw. He would have never have hurt his daughter like this little boy had been hurt.

“Look I’d like to have you checked out.”

“No hospitals please.”

“Okay, I’ll have Ducky look you over. Come on little man.”

The boy still looked like he was going to bolt and so he told him again. “I’m not going to hurt you. I would never hurt you like you’ve already been hurt. I promise you this. I just want to make sure that you are okay.”

“What is your name?”

“My name is Gibbs.”

“Tony.” The boy answered.

“Okay, Tony. Let’s get you checked out.”

“Hey, Ducky I have someone you need to check for me. Make sure that he’s okay.”

“Well, hello. What’s your name?”

“Tony.”

“Well, Tony. Let’s make sure that nothings broken and you are okay. The shirt revealed more bruises and his back had belt marks.

“Poor boy. Who would do this to him?”

“I don’t know.” Gibbs looked to the boy. “Who hurt you, Tony? It’s okay, you can tell us.”

“My father.”

----

It would take two weeks later for Tony’s father had handed custody to Gibbs and then they were father and son. It would take a week after that for Tony to call him Dad. They had worked on the boat and Tony loved that time they had shared together talking while they worked on the boat, or saying nothing at all.

Four months later they were down in the basement working on the boat when Gibbs heard the door open and there were footfalls on the floor above. He quickly went upstairs and found it was Abby who had came in.

“You said that your door was always open. I’m sorry if I barged in, but I didn’t want to go home yet.”

“It’s okay, Abby.”

“Dad, are you okay? Are you still going to work on the boat with me?” Tony asked as he bounded up the stairs and stopped in his tracks. He blinked a couple of times and looked at the dark haired Goth and then to his Dad.

“Hey, little man. This is forensic scientist Abby I was talking about. Abby this is my son, Anthony, or rather Tony as he likes to be called.”

“Hello, Tony.”

“Hi, Abby. Do you like movies?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Do you want to watch one?”

“I would love to.” Abby and Tony sat on the couch and Gibbs sat down too and all three of them watched one of Tony’s movies. They had instantly liked each other and Abby had told him that she would see him again.

------

Gibbs smiled as he saw Tony and Abby laughed and watched as Ducky smiled at the two of them. It’s funny how life changes. He was a father that didn’t have a child and Tony was a child who didn’t have a father. He was a happy man and he was very lucky.

The End