- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

The Cradle Will Fall

Tony walked up to his room and began packing for his time in boarding school. He was happy to be leaving his house. It was two weeks ago that his father had given him a beating for something that he had done. He was also tired of getting stuffed into the sailor suit that his Mother had always made him wear. He was nine years old he was too old to be wearing a sailor suit anymore.

When he was done he went downstairs to wait for his driver to get his things when he was ready to leave. He went downstairs and was about to go into the living room, but his father had stepped out of his study.

“Come inside, Anthony.”

Tony made his way into the study and watched as his father sat behind his desk.

“It’s time for you to go to boarding school. I hope that you make me proud, Anthony. Do good and make me proud, son.”

“I will try, father.”

“You will not try, you will make me proud. Now go back to the living room and wait until Alexander comes and gets you.”

“Yes, Sir.” Tony said and then he turned and walked out of the study. At lease he didn’t have to pour his father’s drinks anymore either.

He sat there watching T.V. until Alexander got his things and told him to get into the car.” The door closed and they drove away. Tony didn’t even look back to see if anybody was there saying goodbye to him because he knew nobody would be.

Tony looked up as the car stopped. It was a huge place and he hoped that it didn’t have a basement. He remembered last week when his father had shoved him into the basement. He had heard mice running around and he had even felt one cross his bare foot. He jumped and ran up the stairs to sit at the top stair. He hated rats. Once he was bitten by one of them the last time he was down here. He shivered at the thought of it. The door opened and he got out. The driver had closed the door and then opened the trunk and got his things out. He carried them to his dorm and sat them down.

“Goodbye, Anthony. I hope you do good.”

He liked Alex and had talked to him when his parents weren’t around. They didn’t like it when he talked to the employees. “Thank you, Alex.”

Within two weeks he had friends and started to have fun in boarding school. His friends had even spent money in getting playboy for the room. The school year was gone by too fast and soon it was time to go back home. Luckily he had a good year and had good grades in all his classes.