- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

The Cradle Will Fall

Twelve-year-old Tony walked up to the house after spending some time with his friends down the street. They had been playing basketball with Jeremy and Daniel and had lost time. He ran home and then walked into the door. He sighed in relief that his father wasn’t there yet. He raced upstairs and took a shower. After his shower he got dressed and went downstairs and walked towards the kitchen. It was lunchtime and the family’s chef had made him a sandwich. When he was done he had made his way to the living room and switched on the T.V. He was halfway to a movie when his father came in and switched off the T.V.

“You were late for lunch, Anthony.”

“I’m sorry, I won’t do it again.”

“You’re right you won’t do it again. Where were you anyways?”

“I was playing basketball with Jeremy and Daniel.”

“You should keep track of time, Anthony.”

“I’m sorry, father.”

“You will be. I’ll teach you to obey me when I tell you to be on time.”

Tony laid there in pain and agony. His father had not spared anything and gave him a beating that was worse that any he’d ever experienced. He knew then and there that he couldn’t stay here.

He went upstairs and packed his backpack, put on his coat and then made his way downstairs. He quietly snuck out and made his way down the driveway and away from his home.

He didn’t know where he was going, but he did know that he couldn’t stay at his father’s place anymore. It wasn’t his home and never was. It wasn’t even his home when his Mother was alive. He still couldn’t believe that his Mother had drunk his sea monkeys because she thought that they were her mint julep.

The End