- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer; I do not own NCIS or the Characters. I'm not making money from this story. Yada yada Yada. I own nuttin'
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chemistry is one thing, love is another. Discovering lust from love may be a trecherous path especially when you are breaking a strictly followed rule; #12. This is dangerous ground to tread on.
She let the rain soaked t-shirt drop to the ground. She picked the boxers off of the bed and slipped them onto her naked body. They hung large but she refused to wear her drenched panties for the rest of the night. She then slipped the men's mediumt-shirt over her body and let it hang around her like a dress, reaching her knees. After twisting her dripping curls up into a bun she stepped out from the bedroom shyly.

"Hello, gorgeous" Tony smiled as he undressed her with his eyes. There was something incredibly sexy about seeing her in his clothes; in his boxers.

"Thank you for the clothing, Tony. I really did not want to go back to my place" Ziva said quietly.

He nodded with a smile. "Movie?" he asked cutting through the strangely awkward but comfortable silence.

"I'd rather not" She declined carefully. He nodded in understanding and poured two glasses of red wine before handing one to her. She smiled in appreciation and took it from him silently.

They had already crossed a line, pushed passed what they had ever done before but she couldn't bear being alone that night and she couldn't think of anyone she'd rather stand around awkwardly with. She had run all the way across town in the pouring rain to get her mind of her aching heart; so why run to he who was causing the dull throbs of pain? The simple answer was that he was entirely clueless of the sadness that enveloped her and she just had to see him.

"Are you alright, Ziva?" Tony asked concern evident in his voice. It had been the elephant in the room since she arrived; the reason for her arrival. All he knew was thatZiva, his partner, had shown up outside his apartment drenched by the rain with red puffy eyes that could only be caused by tears.
"No, I... perhaps this was a bad idea." She dismissed as she set the stemware onto the counter and grabbed her coat. Her plan? Well she couldn't really walk home in her current attire.

"Ziva?" Tony's voice rang through the apartment and froze her into her place. With her back still towards him she heaved in a deep breath and collected her thoughts.

"You have been in love, yes? Have you been in love with someone you know you should not love? Perhaps someone who cannot be yours?"Ziva asked with her eyes squeezed shut. She was a Massad officer, an assassin and had rarely admitted to being frightened in her life but this moment was the most scared she'd ever been.

"I think you know my track record" Tony quipped trying to dissipate the tension. His muscles twitched with a hardly noticeable amount of jealousy yet ignored the urge to speak it aloud.

"Track Record? Yes, well, Tony... I-"Ziva began but cut off. Her jaw was clenched and her hands shaky. She hadn't been aware that he had come up behind her until he rested his hands on her shoulders and spun her around to face him. Her mouth went dry when she made eye contact. Lowering her gaze to the ground she thought over what she would say next. " I think that movie would be good now."

"Ziva, why are you here?" Tony asked, " I mean, you've never shown up here before. I just don't understand"

"Neither do I, Tony." Ziva whispered flashing her gaze onto his twisted face before focusing on the wall behind him, "I could not conceive being alone tonight. I already feel so alone."

"But me, Ziva? Aren't you angry at me? Have you forgotten-" Tony began while staring her down.

"I have not forgotten what you have done. And I admit my trust in you has wavered but I do not have many friends, Tony, and you are amusing and distracting and I needed distraction."Ziva snapped to attention feeling attacked. Her first and only instinct was to defend herself. Tony's hardened expression softened as he looked down onZiva's tight face.

"So, a - uh - movie then?" Tony suggested shifting his weight to another foot. Ziva's attentive, strong posture deflated revealing a small version of herself Tony could not attest to ever witnessing. The vulnerability was shocking and almost terrifying.

"I'm so tired. If you could call a taxi then I will just go home." Ziva huffed out with little inflection in her voice.

"I will take you home myself, but in the morning. Take my bed and I'll take the couch." Tony replied breaking away from where his feet had been planted and taking his wine glass. He took a swig before setting it in the sink and going to the closet to remove a pillow and blanket.

"Really, Tony, I will take the couch. I wouldn't want to put you up" Ziva declined.

"Out, Ziva, you don't want to put me out. It's really no trouble. You're the guest, you get the bed." Tony insisted calmly.

"An uninvited guest. There is a differen-" Ziva began to argue.

"God, just shut up and go to bed. I told you I'm taking the couch. For once, can we just not fight? " He demanded pointing towards the bedroom.Ziva turned defeated and retired to the bedroom.

Lying in the bed she could smell him on the sheets and it killed her inside. She closed her eyes for a moment imagining him beside her but quickly banished the thought. How could she fight his kindness? How could she fight him all the time? She was becoming consistently more and more exhausted with each time she fought it.
Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer; I do not own NCIS or the Characters. I'm not making money from this story. Yada yada Yada. I own nuttin'