- Text Size +
Disclaimers: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: I am trying to keep Tony as IC as he is on the show. I wasn’t sure if I should have made Tony a baby before Michael was killed and have Tony meet Michael, but then decided to have Tony a baby a little before Faith. I think this will be the last chapter.

Complete

Abby sat in the car and watched as her son stood flirting with a girl and the girl that he was talking to was laughing and flirting with Tony. She shook her head as her son talked to the girl. Her son was growing up fast. She never thought that in her life that she would be what she dubbed a soccer mom, but here she was waiting for her son to notice that she was there. Suddenly Tony looked her way and smiled at her. He turned to the girl, said goodbye and then started walking towards the car. She knew that she wasn’t Tony’s biological Mom, but that didn’t mean that she loved him any less. She loved him just as much as if he was her biological child and she knew that Tony loved her too.

“Hi, Mom”

“Hi, son. How was your day? Do you have homework?”

“I had a good day. I only have a little bit of homework.”

“Who were you talking to?”

“Her name is Kelsey.”

She pulled out into traffic and then turned towards the NCIS headquarters. Tony only had a half-day and Tim’s parents were away and couldn’t watch him, the babysitter that they used wasn’t available and they didn’t want to leave Tony alone. Tony was thirteen years old and had told them that he was old enough to stay at home by himself, but they didn’t want the chance that he would get himself into trouble. Trouble almost always seemed to follow him. It wasn’t Tony’s fault, but sometimes it just seemed to follow him.

Abby stepped off of the elevator and into the bullpen with Tony in tow. She saw that the desks were empty and wondered if they got a call when she was out picking up Tony. She pointed to his father’s desk.

“Do you homework and maybe you can help me in the lab.”

“Okay.” Tony replied. He wasn’t that great in knowing what her Mom and Dad were talking about when they were doing their computer stuff, but he liked to help his Mom. Tony sat at his Dad’s desk and turned to his backpack, unzipped it and took out the homework that he needed to finish. He was almost done when the elevator opened up and the team made it’s way towards their desks.

“Hi, Grandpa, Aunt Ziva, Uncle Henry and Dad.”

“Hi, son. Are you done with your homework?”

“I’m just about done. Just one more question and that is it. He was lucky that he didn’t have any math homework because he hated it and he wasn’t good at it. He hated math and probably always will. He turned back to his homework and finished the last question. He closed the book and his notebook and put it into his backpack.

“Mom said when I was finished that I could go to her lab.”

“Okay, go ahead.”

Tony jumped up from the chair and hurried towards the elevator and punched the button. When the elevator opened he heard his Mom’s music that she loved so much. He really didn’t care for it and when he entered the lab he turned it really low.

“Hey, I was listening to that.” Abby said without looking up and when she did she saw Tony. “Sorry, son. I thought it was Gibbs.”

“It’s okay, Mom.”

He turned to see what his Mom was doing and walked up to see if he could help her. He turned towards the door as Jimmy came inside and handed his Mom some evidence. “Hi, Uncle Jimmy.”

“Hey, Tony. What are you doing here?”

“I have a half day and Mom drove me here. She didn’t want me to spend time home alone. By the way I loved that movie. It was about a boy who was left alone during Christmas and thieves came to the house and he helped catch them. There were sequels to the first movie.”

Jimmy smiled as Tony told him about the movie. He couldn’t believe that Tony loved movies and loved to talk about them. “How’s Uncle Ducky?”

“He’s good. He’s in the middle of an autopsy.”

Tony nodded and said goodbye to what he called the autopsy gremlin. He liked Jimmy. He turned to his Mom and saw that she was busy with doing something, so he decided to go to the NCIS gym. His grandpa taught him how to box and use the punching bag. He put on the gloves that were sitting around and made his way towards the punching bag.

Abby looked up from her work and looked around when she saw that Tony was nowhere to be seen. She walked towards the other room to see if he was there and when she didn’t find him she turned to the computer to look through the camera footage. She followed Tony as he made his way towards the gym. She shook her head again and made her ways towards the gym.

“Tony, you can’t just leave without telling me where you’re going.”

“I’m sorry, Mom, but it was a little bit boring without doing something.”

“I know and I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, Mom. I understand that you need to do work.”

“Let’s go back to the lab.”

She didn’t want Tony to go to the bullpen in case if there were photos of a dead body on the screen. She didn’t want her son to have nightmares if he saw something like that. She knew that she and Tim couldn’t protect Tony with everything, but they could with some things.

When the got back to the lab Abby told him that he could use her computer. He checked his email and then surfed the Internet. He turned on the IM program on and started to talk to one of his friends who were online.

When it was time to go home he said goodbye to his friend and then turned off the computer. He then went back upstairs with his Mom and grabbed his backpack. He hugged his Grandpa and said goodbye to his Uncle Henry and Aunt Ziva hugging both of them too. When he got into the backseat he buckled up and looked out the window as they pulled away from the building.