- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Okay, so chapter three wasn’t the last chapter. I had this thought of wondering what would happen if Tony’s Mom wanted to meet Tony.

Complete

Thirteen-year-old Tony walked up the walkway towards the house and he bounced the basketball in his hands and when he got closer he put the basketball under his arm and opened the door. He closed the door and put the basketball by the door. His Dad was waiting in the living room waiting for him. He wondered what he had done wrong now. His father didn’t look mad, so maybe this wasn’t about him. Maybe it was something else. He hoped that his parents weren’t getting a divorce. One of his friends told him this was kind of like what happened when they told him that they were getting a divorce.

“Am I in trouble? I came home on time.”

“No, you’re not in trouble. I need to talk to you.” His Dad said as his Mom came walking in.

“What’s wrong?”

“Sit down, son.”

Tony walked to the couch and sat down and watched as his parents also sat down.

“You know that you’re my son and that your biological mother left you on my door.”

“Yes, I know that.”

“You’re biological mother wants to see you.”

“I don’t want to see her. I already have a Mom and that’s Mom. To me she’s my biological Mom” He said as he smiled at Abby.

“I know. Allison contacted me today and wants to meet you. She saw you a couple of days ago when we were at the park on your birthday. She watched you when we were having the party. She saw you play football with Grandpa.” Tim said.

“I don’t want to see her, Dad. I don’t care if she wants to see me. What kind of mother leaves her child on a doorstep? I don’t want to see her.”

“Okay, you don’t have to. I told her that I would talk to you and ask. She would respect your wishes she said.

“Good because I have nothing to say to her.”

“Okay, I understand. I’ll tell her that you don’t want to see her.”

“Can I go upstairs now?”

“Of course.”

Tim watched as his son walk upstairs to his room and then heard the door close and then heard his music being turned on. He turned to his wife and smiled at her.

“I’m glad that he thinks of you as his real Mom.”

“I love him just like he was my biological child.”

They turned on the T.V. to see what was on. It was only an hour away until they had to start dinner and then would have to start dinner. It was nice just to have a family day and both of them didn’t have to go back to work since it was Saturday.

Tim snuggled with his wife and kissed her and then turned back to the T.V. Suddenly the phone rang and he got up to get it. The music was still on and he knew that Tony didn’t hear it.

“Tim McGee speaking.”

“Hello, Tim. Did you speak to our son?”

“He’s not your son anymore. He’s mine and my wife’s son.”

“I was the one who carried him for nine months.”

“And you were the one who left him on my doorstep with legal documents making him mine.”

“Yes, I know. I just want to talk to him to see him up close.”

“He doesn’t want to see you, Allison.”

“Did he tell you that?”

“Yes, he did. He thinks of my wife as his real Mom. He doesn’t want to meet you.”

“Okay, I understand and I wish he would change his mind.”

“He’s not going to, Allison.”

“And I will respect his wishes.”

“Good and never call him again.”

“Goodbye, Tim.”

“Goodbye, Allison”

He hung up the phone and went back to sit by his wife. “She won’t be calling back.”

“I sure hope not.”

---

Allison DiNozzo sat in the car with her camera in the park where her son was currently playing football with an older man. She wondered if this man was Tim’s wife’s father. She watched her son smile and laugh as he caught the ball and then throw the ball back to the man. She snapped a few pictures and then watched as Tim got out the cake and open it. She saw Tim call out to her son and saw that her son took the football and trot to the picnic table. She watched as the man who had threw the ball walk towards the table too. She saw that there were a few people there. There were Tim’s parents. She remembered meeting them once. She saw an older man, a younger woman and two other men and wondered who they were. She saw that her son was happy. They looked like a happy family. She wanted to see her son and get to know him. He looked like a healthy young man. Sometimes she wondered what her life would be like if her son was in her life. Just because she gave up her son didn’t mean that he didn’t love him.

She put the phone down after she got off the phone to Tim. She was kind of saddened to know that her son didn’t want to see her, but she would respect his wishes. She didn’t blame him. After all she did leave him on his father’s doorstep.

-----

“It’s time to start dinner.” He said as he stood back up and walked towards the kitchen. He saw Abby get up off the couch and walk towards the kitchen too. When they were done Tim walked up the stairs and knocked on Tony’s door. When it opened he told Tony to get downstairs because it was time for dinner.

When they were eating dinner they talked about school, work and everything else. When dinner was done, leftovers put away, dishes were put in the dishwasher and pots were washed they went into the living room to watch a movie. Tony had popped some popcorn to watch the movie before they selected the movie and popped it in.

When it was done Tony went back upstairs and Tim and Abby watched the news. Tony went back upstairs and popped in a DVD of Magnum P.I. into the DVD player. It wasn’t time for bed and it was a Saturday night, so he wanted to watch an episode before going to bed. He loved Magnum P.I. and had loved it ever since he got the first season on DVD. His Uncle Ducky had gotten it for him for a present for a Birthday and then had gotten the rest after his finished the first season. He sometimes would watch them over and over again. He loved them so much.

When it was time for him to go to sleep Tony came back downstairs to hug his parents and tell them good night. Abby and Tim turned back to the television and each of them wondered what they did to have such a wonderful child. Sometimes he was a handful, but he was such a nice kid. They loved him even when he was a handful and couldn’t think of not having him in their lives.

They smiled at each other and they both found that they were both thinking the same thing. They turned off the T.V. and went upstairs to their bedroom.