- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Complete

McGee sat at his typewriter and wondered what he should write next. He had written Deep Six already, but was about to write another book. He had written about his teammates, but put different names to protect their identities. He was McGregor; Abby was Amy Sutton and the rest of the team. He hadn’t put his son in the book because he wanted to keep him out of it. He looked out into the backyard and watched as his fourteen year old son play basketball with one of his friends. He smiled as his son made another basket and then turned back to the typewriter. It was a beautiful sunny day and he really didn’t want to write because it was a nice day.

He gave up and went into the kitchen and took out a soda and opened it. He went outside and watched the boys play and then looked and watched as his wife picked another vegetable from their home grown vegetable garden.

His wife loved organic vegetables and most of them were grown in their garden and they even had some fruit trees. Tony loved the vegetables and fruit that they had grown too. He was a good eater and not all that picky even when he was younger. He had always been a good eater.

“Do you need help, honey?” Tim asked his wife as she put a tomato into the basket that she had next to her.

“No, I’m fine. I thought that you were going to write?”

“I had a case of writer’s block and it was too beautiful to be inside.”

“It is a nice day.” She smiled at him and then watched as her son and his friend play basketball. She smiled again as she put another tomato into the basket. She was going to make homemade spaghetti sauce for dinner tonight. She would pick some fresh herbs too for tonight. Tony loved her spaghetti sauce.

Tony sunk another basket and then told Jason that he was thirsty. He ran towards the kitchen and got himself and Jason a soda. He tossed his friend his soda, opened his and drank from the bottle. They sat on the grass as they drank their sodas.

“Mom, did you buy and snacks?”

“Yes, they’re in the pantry.”

Abby had gone grocery shopping earlier in the day and had unpacked the groceries when Jason and Tony were playing basketball. Tony got up and went inside and came outside with a bag of chips. He opened them and both of them ate the whole bag while they drank their sodas.

“Don’t ruin your appetite, Tony. We’re having spaghetti tonight.” Abby said.

“I love your spaghetti sauce, Mom.”

“I know you do.”

When they were done eating Tony took the empty bag and threw it away. They played another game of basketball and then it was time for Jason to go home. Tony went inside and played one of his many video games on his X-Box.

He liked playing video games, but he also liked playing sports too. He already made up his mind that he was going to go to Ohio State on a sports scholarship. His father had tried to play video games with him. His Dad was good with video games, but not as good as Tony was. He had often beaten his Dad playing video games with him. His Dad also tried to play basketball with him too, but he wasn’t too good with that either. He loved that his Dad tried to play basketball with him and loved him for it.

It was almost time for school to be over and he couldn’t wait. They were going to go to Universal Studio’s in Florida. It would be fun. He had remembered their past vacations. Once they had gone to Disneyland and the other time they went to Disney World. He had looked at the Universal Studio’s website and saw all the fun rides. His Mom would go with him on the roller coasters. His Dad was afraid of heights and would get sick on them.

He loved his family. It didn’t matter to him that his Mom wasn’t his biological Mom. To him she was and always would be. He also loved his Grandpa. He knew that Gibbs wasn’t really his Grandpa, but that didn’t matter to him.

He was getting bored after an hour of game play and so he turned off everything and went back outside. His Mom had already been inside and put the basket on the counter. He went outside and watched as his parents sit side by side together on the swing set and he sat on one of the chairs.

They talked for a while about different things. Tony didn’t mind that he wasn’t in his Dad’s book and he knew that he was starting another one too.

“So how did your writing go today, Dad?”

“I had writer’s block, so I decided to come outside. It’s a beautiful day too.”

Tony smiled at that. He hopped up and grabbed the basketball. Both his parents looked at him and shook their heads at their son’s boundless energy. They wished that they could have his energy. She only had the energy when she had lots of Caf Pow. She loved her drink of choice and so did Tim. Tony never did like it though. They watched as their son sink another basket and after a while they both went in to start dinner. Tony had quit and went upstairs to take a shower before dinner. After that he went to the computer to see if he had any emails from his friends. Then did some research on his report that he had to do for school.

When they were eating dinner they talked some more about school, work and other things. He had overheard one day that one of their cases revolved about murders that had happened in his Dad’s book. He had a stalker. He had never told his parents that he had heard them, but he was worried for his Dad during that time. He was glad that the person that was responsible was put into jail.

He turned to his parents who had sat on the couch and had put in a movie. He finished with printing the pages that he had gotten and then made his way towards the chair by the couch and sat down to watch the movie with his parents. He loved movies and he loved watching movies with his parents.

When the movie was done he went upstairs and got ready for bed. He said goodnight for his parents and went to his room. He had pulled the covers down and slipped inside the bed and fell instantly asleep.