- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Caitlyn Todd reflects on her decision not to tell him, that she loves him. She won't hand over the last of her control, even if it’s already his.
Even if it killed her.

Disclaimer: I do not own NCIS; it is the property of its respective creators.

Thanks to madame.alexandra for beta-reading this story for me. I appreciate it.

Caitlyn Todd was not the type to fall in love easily. When she did, willingly or unwillingly, her heart, soul, and not to mention her mind, were always on the line. She was really wondering what she had gotten herself into now, falling in love with him.

Oh, she knew she was in love. She had all her classic symptoms:

1. Shortness of breath when he was near.

2. Having to focus hard not to make a fool of herself.

3. Wanting his approval and attention.

4. Physical Attraction. Which was at an all time high.

There was a new one that was frightening her to no end.

5. She couldn’t imagine her life without him.

That scared her to the very depths of her soul, one of the things that had unknowingly become his. As he stormed in, blue eyes flashing, barking out orders, she hurried to beat Tony to the elevator.

Taking one last look back, she vowed that she would never enlighten him of his hold on her. He would never know how she felt. Even if it killed her.

Valerie Portolano