- Text Size +
Disclaimer: NCIS and its characters dont belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please dont sue because I have no money.

Authors Note: This is an AU story that has Gibbs and Shannon as Tonys Mom and Dad.

Yesterdays

Tony stood in front of his fathers desk watching as he drank from the glass that he just poured his favorite drink from. He watched as the liquid reflected from the glass before his father drank it all.

Report. His father said.

Tony told about his day and what he had done that day.

Let me see your report card. His father said.

He handed the card towards his father and watched as his father read it.

A B? You got a B? You got a B in Math? How stupid do you have to be to get a B in Math? His father threw the report card back at him. How are you going to run the DiNozzo empire if you have a B in Math?

I dont want to go into your business, father. I want to become a policeman.

A policeman? No, you are going to become a businessman, Anthony.

No. I want to be a policeman.

His father got up and walked to the twelve-year-old boy and slapped him. I am glad that you are not my son. If you were you would never disobey me.

He gasped as he heard his fathers words.

Yes, you are not my son, or your mothers son. We couldnt have kids and so we adopted. We wanted a good son and all we got was you. His father glared at him and started hitting him.

Sometimes he hated his father. He hated when he hit him, but other times he thought he loved him. After his father walked out of the office he got up from the floor and looked around. He was going to find out whom his real parents were. Maybe they would love him because he knew his father never did.

Finally he found a folder with his name on it. He read it and found the documents saying who his parents were and where they lived. He couldnt believe that his father had his biological parents address. He folded it up and slipped the paper in his jean pocket. He then put the folder back where he found it. He went up to his room and he emptied his backpack and started putting clothes and things that he would need. He was running, but not away. He was running towards his real parents. That night he snuck out of the house and made his way towards his destination.

------

Leroy Jethro Gibbs kissed his wife Shannon as they sat down for dinner. He loved his wife. He loved her the first time that he saw her in Stillwater and he loved her since. They served their plates and were about ready to eat when a knock was heard at the door. He got up and when he opened the door he saw a child not more than twelve years old.

Where are you parents and who are you?

My name is Tony. Can I talk to you?

Where are you parents?

I left him to come talk to you. I need your help, Sir.

Dont call me sir, son.

The boy smiled at that word, but it quickly disappeared.

Come in. Gibbs closed the door and turned to the boy. He could see him clearly now. Are you okay?

Im fine. He said as he looked at his real father. He stomach grumbled, as he smelt the food.

Are you hungry?

Yes.

He followed Gibbs to the table and saw his Mom.

My goodness, what happened to you? Are you okay?

Im fine.

His name is Tony and he said he needs to talk to us. Hes also hungry.

Shannon got up and got another plate. After dinner the table was cleared and the sat down.

What do you need help with, Tony?

Tony got up and ran towards his backpack bringing out the paper and walked back towards them. He then gave the paper to Gibbs.

When Gibbs and Shannon read it they looked at the boy. They were both thinking the same thing. Is this our son we gave up?

Can you excuse us, Tony?

He nodded and watched as his Mom and Dad walked away. He was wondering if he did the right thing. Did they want him? He knew this his father didnt want him.

Is it really him? Is it our son that we gave up, Jethro?

I dont know Shannon. It is possible. He is the right age our son would be. We should take a test first to make sure that hes really ours.

When they came back they told him what they were going to do. When the results came back it proved true that he was their son and they were his parents. They had explained to him that they were too young to have a child and so they had thought they would give their child what they didnt have.