- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: This is an AU story that has Gibbs and Shannon as Tony’s Mom and Dad.

Yesterdays

Tony was fifteen when his baby sister was born. He loved her when he first saw her in the hospital. He knew right then that he would protect her from any harm. He laughed as the little girl grabbed his finger and wouldn’t give it back.

“Hey, Kelly. I’m Tony and I’m your big brother.” He placed a kiss on her cheek and smiled at her. He sat down and just held her for a while and then handed the little girl to his father.

Going home they put her in the nursery that Gibbs and Tony put together.

----

He watched as his baby sister toddled towards him with a big grin on her face. He picked her up and swung her around in his arms. “Hey, little one.” She laughed as she was spun around.

“Hey, son. How was your day?” His dad asked curiously

“It was okay.” Tony said as he shrugged.

Tony carried the toddler to the kitchen and got out a cookie and munched it while holding the little girl. He then grabbed a soda out of the fridge after he ate the cookie and sat it on the counter. He let the toddler go and she went towards her father. Tony opened the soda and took a drink.

----

Tony was eighteen when she was four years old. Kelly would follow him everywhere and he would allow it. He loved his little sister. She ran towards him when he got home from school.

“Tony, Tony. I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Kelly.” He said as he picked her up and swung her around. He kissed her cheek and then watched her laugh. He loved when she laughed.

“Tony. How was your day?” His mom asked.

“It was good. We were getting ready for graduation.”

“I can’t believe my baby’s going to graduate.”

“Mom, I’m not your baby. Kelly’s your baby.”

“You’re our first baby.”

She hugged her firstborn. “I’m so sorry that we couldn’t protect you, baby.”

“Mom, it’s okay. You didn’t know whom you were giving me to. You are not to blame, Mom. You saved me when you took me in and that’s what counts.” He said as he hugged his Mom.

They were in the audience as Tony graduated. When it was time for him to move to go to Ohio State the little girl cried as she watched her brother leave.

The End