- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Yes, this is a Baltimore fic since this is a fic called Years it just had to happen.

Baltimore

---

Tony glanced at the body that was riddled with bullets. He saw the dog tag and when they identified him as Petty Officer Garrett Jamison he dialed a familiar number.

“Gibbs.”

“Hi, Dad.”

“Tony, what’s wrong?”

“We have a dead Petty Officer here in Baltimore. I called to let you know since you are NCIS.”

“Thank you, Tony. We’ll be there.”

“You’re Welcome.”

Gibbs had just grabbed his coffee when the phone rang. He was glad to hear his son’s voice. With a full caseload with both of them being in law enforcement their time together was almost nothing. There had been a few times that he didn’t have work and neither did his Dad and so they got together. Sometimes he would go to Baltimore to visit his son. Luckily Tony had two rooms for this purpose.

“Gear up people. We have a dead Petty Officer in Baltimore.”

Stan had already gone, so there was only Vivian Blackladder and two more people on the team.

Tony hung up the phone and put it back into his pocket and turned around when he heard a voice.

“Why are you calling NCIS? What does that stand for anyways?”

“Naval Criminal Investigative Service. I called them because they investigate crimes of the Navy and Marines.”

“Look we don’t need Feds here.”

“Well, they are coming here and it’s out of our hands.”

“I don’t like you DiNozzo and I don’t like that you called the Feds. How do you know about them anyways?”

“I knew about them in school.” Tony replied not going to tell them that the man who he had called was his Dad.

When they got there they took over the jurisdiction, but Tony was allowed to work with them. His partner Mason Oliver was not happy and made his displeasure known.

“Are you okay, kid?”

“I’m fine, Dad.” He said out of earshot of the other detectives.

“What about your partner?”

“He doesn’t like me. I don’t know why.”

“I see him giving you dirty looks. Are you sure you’re okay. I don’t like the way he’s looking at you, son. It’s like he wants to hit you. I think you should quit this job and work at NCIS.”

“Dad, I can’t work at NCIS. I don’t think they would allow me to since I’m your son.”

“Well, they don’t need to know.”

“I’ll think about it.”

When the case was done and closed Tony went to his Dad with a bruise on his face. “I’d like to take you up on your offer.”

“What happened?”

“Mason punched me.”

Gibbs started to leave, but Tony grabbed his arm. “No, don’t dad. It’s not a problem anymore because I’m leaving anyways.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure.”

“Good thing you’re leaving then.”

Tony nodded and then went back to the precinct and turned in his resignation. He had to be in the NCIS headquarters in a week, so he was quickly packing. He would be living at his Dad’s house while he was looking for an apartment, or house to live in. He had put his things into storage.