- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Years

Hiatus

----

Tony stood in the middle of his Dad’s house. He couldn’t believe that his father had left him in charge and not only that, but left him. He didn’t even remember that he had another child. He only remembered that his Mom and Kelly had died. He couldn’t believe that this was happening. He made his way towards the couch and sat there. He pulled his legs up to his chest and put his arms around them. The door opened and he didn’t even notice it.

“Tony.” Abby came in and saw that Tony was staring into space and had his arms around his knees. He looked so lost and sad. She couldn’t believe that Gibbs left them. It had to be hard especially for Tony because it was his Dad who had left. She was worried about him, so she tracked his phone and found out that he was at his Dad’s house. She stepped closer and said his name again. Tony blinked up at Abby.

“Hey, Abby. What are you doing here?”

“I was worried about you. I know that you Dad’s leaving had to be hurting you.”

“He left me and forgot me. I should have expected this from my adoptive father, but not my biological father. Did you know that my adoptive father forgot me in Hawaii for two days and he only found out that when he got the hotel bill? He didn’t even come to get me himself. He sent someone else to come and get me.”

“I am so sorry, Tony.” She sat down next to Tony and hugged him. “Let it out Tony.”

“No, I’m fine.”

“You are not fine, DiNozzo. It doesn’t make you weak to let it out.”

“That’s not what my adoptive father said.”

“And what does Gibbs say?”

“That it’s okay.”

“See go ahead. I’ll hold you while you let it out.”

“My father left me. He left me to lead the team. He didn’t even say goodbye he just left.” The tears just started running down his face and didn’t even bother to wipe them away. “He forgot about me. He didn’t even realize that he had another child. He didn’t remember me.”

Abby hugged him while he was crying. Her heart was breaking for her friend. She couldn’t believe that Gibbs forgot about Tony. She wished that Gibbs were here because then this would have never happened. She wished that Gibbs hadn’t of done this. Didn’t he realize that his son was hurting because of his abrupt departure?

He was finally done crying and wiped the tears away. “Thank you, Abby. I think I needed that.”

“Not a problem, Tony. I’m glad that I could help. Is there any food around? You need food.”

“There’s left over lasagna that I made the other day.” She got up and got it out of the refrigerator and heated up the oven. When it was ready she put in the lasagna and let it heat up. Tony was up by then and got the plates and forks out and started setting the table.

When it was done Abby got it out and served both her plate and Tony’s plate as well and sat them both down on the table.

“This is good, Tony.” She smiled as she swallowed a bite of the lasagna.

“Hey, my last name is DiNozzo what do you expect?”

When it was done and the dishes were washed and the leftovers were put away they sat back on the couch.

“I want to thank you, Abby. I really needed that. You are a good friend.”

“You’re welcome, Tony. If you need me again you know my number. Are you sure you’re going to be okay?”

“I’ll be fine, Abby.”

“Thank you again and have a safe drive home.”

“Thank you, Tony” She said as she opened the door and disappeared.

He was very lucky to have Abby as a friend.