- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money

Years

Chapter 8

Hollis Mann

Tony threw his bag into the same place that he thows it every time that he comes into the bullpen. He then turned and went back towards the elevator. He had seen his Dad’s desk and knew that he was at work because he saw his coat. He angrily punched the button and waited for the doors to open and when they did he punched the button to Abby’s lab and waited for it to close. He paced the tiny enclosed elevator. He didn’t know what to think. He had caught his Dad kissing Hollis Mann when he opened the door to his Dad’s house. He saw them and stared and then turned and walked out. His Dad tried calling him back, but he didn’t listen. He was angry at him for kissing Hollis Mann and he was angry because it felt like he was forgetting his Mom, but he was kind of happy that his Dad found someone to be happy with. He was very conflicted and didn’t know what to do. Maybe if he told Abby about it she would help. When the doors opened he walked out and into Abby’s lab. She wasn’t there yet when he looked around and so he once again started pacing. What is he going to do he wondered as he paced back and forth and this is how Abby found him.

Abby came in and watched as Tony paced the lab floor and wondered what he was doing here. He hadn’t even noticed that she was there.

“Tony.” She said trying to stop him. She once again called his name, but louder and that’s what stopped him.

Tony stopped and turned towards Abby. “Hey, Abs. Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay. What’s wrong?”

“I need to talk to you, Abby.” He nodded towards the second door.

“Sure.” She said as she followed him towards the second room. “Tell me what’s wrong.” Abby said as the doors closed.

“Yesterday I went to my Dad’s house. You know how he doesn’t have a lock on his door and I went in and saw Hollis Mann and him kissing. I took one look and bolted. I thought I heard him yell my name, but I’m not sure. I don’t know what to do after that. I’m conflicted. On one hand I think he forgot my Mom and the other I want him to be happy. I know I shouldn’t feel this way, but I never seen him do this before. His other wives he was already married to and I wasn’t around. The last wife he was already married to and wasn’t really around that much even if I was working here.”

“Oh, Tony.” She said as she quickly enveloped him into a huge hug. “Tony he didn’t forget your Mom. You have to know that. He loves your Mom and would never forget her. He deserves to be happy, Tony. I know that it must be hard on you to see it, but he loves you and I know he didn’t mean to hurt you like that.”

“I know that. I acted way out of line. I have to go back up there and apologize to him.”

“It’s not your fault, Tony. He’ll forgive you.”

“I hope so.”

“He will.” She hugged him again and then watched him leave.

He walked back into the bullpen and found that his Dad was sitting at his desk. “Can I talk to you in your office?” Asked Tony as he walked to his desk.

Gibbs looked up to his sons face and then nodded. He got up and walked towards the elevator besides his son. When the door closed Tony switched the emergency stop button and then turned to his Dad.

“I’m sorry, Dad. I was so angry when I found you kissing Hollis and I felt that you forgot Mom. I know that you would never do that and I know that you want to be happy.”

“Tony, it’s okay. I knew what you were thinking and I’m sorry that I hurt you. I was going to tell you that I was seeing Hollis.” Gibbs hugged his son. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay, Dad. I understand.” Tony hugged back.

They stepped away and Tony switched the button back on and the doors opened. They both walked back into the bullpen and went back to their desks and sat down.