- Text Size +
Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Author's Note: I know I've already done a chapter on Hollis Mann, but then I decided to have her know that Tony was Gibbs son.

Years

Tony made his way to the basement where he knew his Dad was working on his boat. He loved helping his Dad with the boats that he had been building for a number of years. He walked down the stairs and watched as his Dad sanded the boat.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hey, Tony. You ready to help?"

"Yep." Tony said as he picked up a sander and turned the TV on and then started sanding the boat. They were both working and didn't hear Mann walk down the stairs and watch them.

She knew that she was a little mad at Gibbs for not telling her that he was married and had a child. She wasn't sure what brought her here to his place. She knew that the car in the drive belonged to Tony and wondered why he was there. She made her way to the basement because she knew that was where they would be. She watched as the two men work on the boat and knew that they haven't seen her yet.

"Can I finish painting Kelly's name on the boat?"

"Go ahead."

She wondered if he knew who Kelly was and why Gibbs was letting him paint the rest of the name. She watched for a few minutes and then saw Tony stop paining and stare at the name.

"What's wrong?"

"I miss her and Mom."

"I know, son. I miss them too."

"I still wish they were here with us, Dad."

"I know and so do I."

"Son? Tony's your son?" Hollis said in surprise. She hadn't expected that. Both the men were startled and hadn't noticed her there before.

"Yes, Tony's my son."

"Why didn't you tell me he was your son? You didn't tell me about your wife and daughter and now I find out that Tony is your son?"

"Nobody knows that he's my son. I want to keep it that way because if the Director finds out he'll assign Tony to somewhere else and I don't want that."

"I understand, Gibbs. I won't tell anyone, but it would have been nice to know that he was your son."

"I know it was, but you could see why I didn't want to tell you."

"Yes, I do."

"Did you adopt him when he was younger?"

"Shannon and I are his biological parents, but we couldn't keep him, so we gave him up for adoption. We didn't know whom he was with, but if we did we would have never given him up. When he was twelve years old he found us and we took him in. He's been a part of our life since then." Gibbs said. He knew that she deserved an explanation after his other secrets and the way they were.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone about your other secret, or this one."

"Thank you." Gibbs said.

"Thank you." Tony said after his Dad.

"You're welcome. I'll leave you two and go."

They both nodded and watched as she left. They both knew that she would keep her promise and then they turned back to the boat to finish their work each of them in their own thoughts.