- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
See Summary/Chapter 1
It was Sunday afternoon and Gibbs was sanding the boat in his basement. Since a long time it was a weekend he had hoped for. Even if they were on call nothing has happened so far. The criminals seem to have decided not to commit anything this weekend and allow him to rest and relax with one or two Bourbon in the night and a good time to get one step closer to finish his project.

After several hours of woodwork Gibbs was putting down the sander and headed up the stairs. He needed some coffee. His last cup he had 2 hours ago. Gibbs chuckled. If his team members would find out that he could survive some hours without the black brew they would not believe it. He was sure about that, that they thought it was a general addiction and has had nothing to do with a special senior field agent on his team, giving him a reason to increase his dosage ever since he met him in Baltimore.

As Gibbs purred himself a cup he heard his cell phone ring. So much about criminals taking a break. He fumbled in his sweatpants reluctantly for the hated part of technology, flipped it open and checked the number on the display. DiNozzo. Sure, dispatch would call Tony first on a weekend, fearing to talk to him. He pressed the green button to accept the call and answered with a usual gruff “Gibbs!”

To his surprise nobody answered. He only heard a wheezing sound on the other end. Like someone could not breath right. Pictures of Tony under blue lights gasping for air and coughing were flashing through his mind. “Tony? Tony answer me! DiNozzo!” Still no answer, but still the wheezing sound. Fear was rising in him. Something was not right. Tony was in trouble. “TONY WHERE ARE YOU!” Gibbs shouted but was still greeted with silence. He ran to his landline and dialled for McGee. “McGee” “McGee I need you in the office now. Trace the cell phone of DiNozzo.” “Boss?” “Now McGee!” “Hm, ah, of course Boss, but I can do it from here. I don’t need to be in the office for that.” Gibbs heard a clapping noise of keys added to the silence. He stood in the hallway of his house, his cell phone on his left ear and his landline on his right. He heard still the wheezing noise on his cell phone, praying that he would get to Tony in time as he heard that he was struggling more and more to breath. “Boss? He is at his apartment. Or better his cell phone is…” “Call Ducky. Tell him to meet me there and then call Ziva and meet her in the office.” Barked Gibbs and hang up the landline. He grabbed his key, his badge and his gun and was out of his house in seconds and in his car, still clutching his cell phone to his left ear.

Gibbs made the way to his second in command in record time. He ran up the stairs not trusting the elevator. In front of the apartment he fumbled with the key of Tony’s apartment, recognizing a slight tremor in his hands as he pushed the key inside as silent as possible. He took a deep breath, pulled his gun from his holster and opened the door with as less sound as possible. He will not take a chance. If someone has attacked Tony and was still there….

He stepped in through the hallway of Tony’s apartment into his living room. He saw Tony lying on the floor between his couch and coffee table, making the same painful wheezing sounds he heard on the phone just some moments ago. Not wanting to risk of a surprise attack he forced himself first to check out the apartment. It did not look like a fight has happened. Everything seemed to be in place when he checked first the kitchen, then the bedroom. When he entered the bathroom he recognized the vomit in the toilette. Relieved that nobody else were in the apartment he holstered his gun and ran back to Tony. Kneeling down next to his agent he put his fingers on the puls point of Tony’s throat. His heart was beating fast. To fast. Checking short if he could find any injuries and relieved to find nothing obvious he turned Tony carful on his back eliciting a soft week moan from him. Slapping tenderly Tony’s face he tried to rise an answer. “Tony? Tony can you hear me?” After several minutes and no reaction, Gibbs recognized that the breathing of Tony got more and more worse with every passing moment. He has had to do something. But what? Damn! Where was Ducky?

Panic was rising in him as he recognized, that Tony’s lip became more and more blue. He did not became enough air that was clear. He grabbed both shoulders and started to shake. Tentative at first but stronger and stronger when he recognized that it did not help. He shouted Tony’s name now. Trying his best to wake him up. As all hope seem to leave him and Tony’s body began to seize, he was slapping him forcefully on the back of his head, shouting and ordering him to wake up. To his surprise this seems to have been the trick. Tony’s eyes opened wide and he tried to draw in a deep breath. His eyes were full of fear and unfocused. He was breathing to fast and Gibbs recognized he was hyperventilating. Happy that Tony was at least awake again. He started to call his name again and shaking his shoulders. “Tony! Tony can you hear me. Try to relax. Try to breath slowly.” He took one hand of him and put it on his own chest. “Breath with me, Tony. In… and …. Out…Slowly you hear me. Listen to me. Try to match my breathing. In… and … out. That’s it, Tony. That’s it. Good. Fell the rise and fall of my chest. In ….. and …. Out.”

Tony heard the voice of Gibbs. Unable to move or react he tried to open his eyes to push away the pictures and memories haunting him, suffocating him. His lungs felt like they were on fire, cramping painful, making it unable to suck in enough air. He was feeling dizzie. He felt hands on him, shaking him. And again Gibbs voice full of fear and concern? He needed to tell Gibbs that they have to leave here, before they come back, but he was not able to speak. He felt a hard slap on the back of his head. Shocked and so surprised about this his eyes snapped open in panic. His vision was blurry the room spinning around him. He saw two blue eyes looking at him. Gibbs eyes. He tried to focus on them. Gibbs was here. He was save. He felt his hand on a chest, the rising and falling of someone breathing heard the voice of Gibbs, telling him how to breath. He tried to slow down his gasping for air, try to inhale as he was told. His lungs were still hurting so much, still cramping, he still got not enough air, but it was getting slowly better. Still focusing on the concerned blue eyes, the voice telling him to breath in and out and his hand on the rising chest of his boss, of Gibbs. Slowly the cramps in his chest were getting better, allowing him to breath in more and more air. His vision became more clear and slowly he felt the pain in his lungs release them self, running through his whole body, the pictures in his mind coming back in full force. He felt a hand on his shoulder holding him down. Panic was rising again in him. He has to get away. The voice was back in his mind, telling him how good it felt to fuck him. He squeezed his eyes shut as hard as he could tried to scramble away from the touch, shaking his head, trying to loose the pictures.

He heard a voice shouting “DINOZZO! STOP IT! DON’T MOVE! TRY TO BREATH!“ and again a slap on his head. Gibbs! It was Gibbs touching him. Not these men. Tony froze stilling immediately. His whole body was trembling, shaking. He squeezed his eyes shut again. Oh god! How should he explain that? He could not say anything. To nobody! They will not believe him. Not when they saw the DVD. They … he will be disgusted… He will fire him…. He was a federal agent… how could he let something like this happen to him … it was all his fault …. He was begging for it … begging to be raped … he was worthless …. His father was right … all this years … he was fighting only to learn that it was ending like this …

He left out a shaking breath, felt a soothing hand combing through his hair and his other hand still pressed in a vice grip against the chest of Gibbs. Oh god. How often in the past has he hoped to be touched by Gibbs like this and now he could not even stand it again. His touches recalling every touch of those men… he felt tears sliding down his cheeks and heard himself sobbing. Two strong arms pulled him in a tight embrace. Holding him, while he cried tense in the arms of the man he loved since he met him, who he tried to forget with all the women and men and never succeeded. Tender, strong hands were rubbing circles on his back and the soft voice of Gibbs was trying to sooth him, whispering non sense in his ears. “Shhhh, it is ok! Everything will be ok, Tony!” But Tony knew it was a lie. Nothing will ever be ok again. Never!

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
See Summary/Chapter 1