- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: I decided to do another chapter where one person finds out that Tony is a genius and is smart and knows what Abby and McGee talk about when they do their geek speak (borrowed this from the episode Frame-Up). I picked Abby to be the one to find out about Tony.

Pretender

Tony put away his dish that he had just washed and dried and then made his way towards his laptop. He sat down and clicked on the site that he wanted. He wanted to know if he was still as smart as he once was as a child. He knew that he couldn’t actually have an I.Q. test to test this because he didn’t want to be found out and taken back to the Centre. He had already finished the chemistry and biology part. He looked at the math part and got out his notebook and pencil. Writing down the problem and then writing down the solution on the paper. There was a solution page, but you had to send for them. He was on problem number 12 when the doorbell rang. He got up and opened it surprised to see Abby there.

“Hi. Abby. What are you doing here?”

“I just wanted to stop by and bring you some ice cream. Maybe we can watch a movie together.”

“Sure, come in.” He moved to let her in and then shut the door.

He went towards the movie shelf and started looking through his movies wondering which one Abby would like. He didn’t notice that Abby had stopped at his computer when she saw what was on it. She looked at his notebook. She remembered when they were in the lab and was trying to calculate something and Tony replied he should have paid more attention in math class. She turned to the first page and glanced at it. He had not only been doing math problems, but also biology and chemistry. She was good in those subjects and it looked right. How could he be hiding this all along? He knew much more than he was letting on she thought to herself.

“Tony, what is this about?” She said.

“What is that Abby?” Tony replied not taking his eyes away from his movie shelf.

“This.” She pointed at the notebook and computer.

Tony turned and looked to see what she was asking about. He froze and looked at her. He had forgotten to exit the site when he had opened the door and now she saw what he was working on.

“I was just looking around. I looked up the answers.”

“Tony, there is no solution page and these are right. So is the math part.”

“I can explain.”

“You better and you better not lie to me. Remember my rule.”

“Never lie to Abby.” Tony replied and saw her nod her head.

“Sit down Abby.”

He sat down beside her when she sat down on the couch.

“When I was four years old I was at this place called the Centre. They took me because I am a genius and they molded me to become a pretender. A pretender is someone who can become anyone that I want to be. They used my genius to do simulations. When I was a little older I saw another boy who was also a pretender and we did a simulation together. When I was eight I was rescued from the Centre by a person who worked there and adopted by the DiNozzo family. They never knew why I needed a home and they never asked. Mrs. Parker the woman who rescued me told me that I had to hide that I was a genius because they would be after me if they knew about it. Last week I saw Jarod again. He’s the boy that I did a simulation with when I was inside the Centre. He said that Mrs. Parker died before she could rescue him and her daughter. He had escaped the Centre and is still being hunted by the Centre to bring him back. If they knew that I was still alive and still had my genius ability than they would want me back too. I am kind of like Jarod because I too am a natural pretender and have the same I.Q. as he does. That is why I have to put on my childish and immature act, so nobody would know that I am smart.”

“Tony, I never knew that. I’m sorry for what you went though that.” Abby touched his arm as she said that.

“Thank you, but don’t feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for Jarod. He was stuck there longer than I was and is still being hunted.”

“I understand why you have to put on your act. So you know what McGee talks about when he goes on about computers? And you know what I talk about when I go on about my stuff?”

“Thank you and yes on both questions”

“Wow. This is pretty neat.”

“This must be why I like to do undercover work.” He said to Abby.

“Maybe.”

“Abby, you can’t tell anybody. Not Gibbs, McGee, or anyone else. Promise me that.”

“I won’t tell anyone, Tony. I don’t want them to take you away.”

“Thank you.” Replied Tony as he smiled at Abby. “So do you still want to watch a movie?”

“Yes.”

After the movie Abby went home and repeated again that she wouldn’t tell anyone Tony’s secret.