- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Please tell me what you think, I love opinions. I don't own anything, everything belongs to whoever owns them.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Song fic to 'The Thunder Rolls' by Garth Brooks.
~Three thirty in the morning, 
Not a soul in sight, 
The city's lookin' like a ghost town
On a moonless summer night~

He gets into the car, Gibbs right beside him. He wants to leave this ghost town that has claimed one of them as its own. The events that took place made him leave a beautiful summer day and turned into a dark, unforgiving summer night.

~Raindrops on the windshield, 
There's a storm moving in. 
He's headin' back from somewhere
That he never should have been.~

Rain begins to fall and he knows that it's gonna be a bad storm. It comes from behind them, the place they should never had been. They were called in for a case, and it was a false tip, one that had gotten one of the killed. The three men went out, leaving a sick Ziva at Gibbs' home with Ducky and Abby. All he thinks is they never should have been there.

~And the thunder rolls. 
And the thunder rolls. ~

The thunder clashes as he leaves this unforgiving place, a body in the trunk of the car.

~Every light is burnin' 
In a house across town. 
She's pacin' by the telephone
In her faded flannel gown. ~

All of the lights are on in Gibbs house. She watches as the storm rages on, thinking that it is a mericle that the power isn't out. She paces the house, her phone in hand, praying that they will call soon.

~Askin' for a miracle, 
Hopin' she's not right, 
Prayin' it's the weather
That's kept him out all night.~

"They are only late because of the weather, my dear. Please come and sit, it is not good for you to stand right now." Ducky says as he pulls her over the the couch. She prays he's right about the weather. She looks for a miracle to bring them all home safe.

~And the thunder rolls
And the thunder rolls~

Just then a rumble of Thunder sweeps across the sky that shakes her insides. It crushes all hope that she has that they are alive.

~The thunder rolls
And the lightnin' strikes.
Another love grows cold 
On a sleepless night, 
As the storm blows on 
Out of control 
Deep in her heart 
The thunder rolls.~

The storm rages on, and it scares them all. None of them can sleep. Abby and Ziva are both afraid of losing the ones they love and Ducky is trying to comfort them both. Deep in her heart she knows he's alive, but the thunder almost completely wipes out all hope for her.

~She's waitin' by the window 
When he pulls into the drive 
She rushes out to hold him 
Thankful he's alive ~

She goes up and stands by the window. At just that moment the car pulls into the drive. She sees the form of her lover get out of the car and she cannot contain her happiness. She rushes out the door in bare feet to greet him. "Tony!" she shouts as she runs into his arms and he greets her holding her close.

~Through all the wind and rain
A strange new perfume blows 
And the lightnin' flashes in her eyes
And he knows that she knows~

A rotten smell fills the air and covers the sky. "Ziva," he begins, but when lightening flashes, he sees her eyes, and he knows she already knows the tragety. Mcgee was dead.

~And the thunder rolls
And the thunder rolls~

"Gibbs," Abby calls over the continuous thunder, and Gibbs already knows her question.

"I'm sorry, Abbs." Gibbs replies. She breaks down and he catches her in his arms.

~The thunder rolls
And the lightnin' strikes.
Another love grows cold 
On a sleepless night, 
As the storm blows on 
Out of control 
Deep in her heart 
The thunder rolls.~

The storm continues as they head back into the house. Abby continues to cry, and Ziva slowly let's the reality hit her and she cries too. Eventually they are all crying together as the make it through the sleepless night. Deep intheir hearts they all know Mcgee is still there, but the rolling thunder has captured him on the unforgiving night. All Tony can say is, "And the thunder rolls."
Chapter End Notes:
Please tell me what you think, I love opinions.

I don't own anything, everything belongs to whoever owns them.