- Text Size +
"Wynken, Blynken and Nod one night, sailed off in a wooden shoe. Sailed on a river of crystal light, into a sea of dew..."

"Soose," Tony's voice, muffled by his pacifier piped up from where his head was softly pillowed in his pa's lap. A little hand snaking out from beneath the covers and slapping down on the page of the storybook pointing to the wooden shoe sailing boat "Bi soose."

"That's quite right my dear boy, you are clever. A big shoe boat."

"Da-dee?"

A soft chuckle drifted through the room "Yes Anthony, a boat just like daddy. Now shhhh," the elderly M.E placed a finger gently to the little boys lips "you need to go to sleep." Tony nodded a sleepy head snuggling back into his pa, little fingers gripping the cuff of the older mans shirt to keep him close.

"Where are you going, and what do you wish? The old moon asked the three. We've come to fish for the herring fish, that live in this beautiful sea;"

Unbeknown to the pair, Gibbs silently watched from the doorway, as the Scottish brogue continued the tale and lulled his baby boy into slumber. The soft illumination from Tony's night-light added to the soothing ambiance of the room, a stark difference to the vibe of animosity that had flowed between the two older gentlemen and throughout the house earlier in the evening.

Gibbs had officially been back at NCIS for a week, and it had been decided that the team - their dysfunctional family - would celebrate Tony's rather belated 2nd birthday together in hopes that it would repair and strengthen the bonds of its members, which had been damaged after Gibbs and Tony's abrupt departure to Mexico. In particular, the bonds between two members, Agent Gibbs and Dr Mallard - the two still using the formal titles as form of address, much to the exasperation of the rest of the team. The tension between both Gibbs and Dr Mallard had escalated over the week, fueled by snarking jests and a stubbornness that prevented either man from backing down. It hadn't helped that the week had started with a high profile case that had set everyone's nerves on high alert, and that neither man had had time to sit and really talk things through. It was hoped by all, that the spirit of the night and celebration would help to pave the way and fix the cracks in the relationship, but alas it was not to be. It had started with a quiet disagreement between the two men over the amount of cake consumed by one, chocolate-coated toddler, who had somehow gotten to the cake without anyone noticing and practically eaten his way into a sugar coma. Escalating and ending with loud yelling between Gibbs and the good Dr, Tony throwing a tantrum, Gibbs loosing his patience, a sobbing two year old who'd expelled his over indulgence on the rug in the lounge room and Abby, Tim, Kate and Ziva leaving quickly to let the men sort out their mess.

"Nets of silver and gold have we! Said Wynken, Blynken and Nod."

****************************-Flashback-*************************

"Once upon a time there was...."

"A princess daddy, there has to be a princess."

"Ok. Once upon-a time there was a princess, who lived in a castle..."

"Nooo daddy," Kelly giggled from where she was nestled between her parents in the large bed "she lives in the forest. The princess can't live in the castle until the prince comes."

"Alright, alright." Jethro lifted his palms in surrender, " Once a-pon-a time, there was a princess who lived all alone in the forest, awaiting her...."

"Prince charming." Shannon interrupted, rolling onto her side on the comfortable bed to face her husband, eyes sparking with mirth as she smiled at Kelly and ran a hand down Jethro's arm.

"Not helping Shan.... Who's telling this story anyway, huh."

"If your gunna tell the story dad, you have to do it right."

"Is that so.."

"Yep... And you reeeeeally need help."

"Well you know what, " Jethro wrapped an arm around his little girl and began to tickle her mercilessly "I think you are the one needing help Kell."

"Mummy! Help me pleeease!" Kelly's laughter continued, the bedclothes getting strewn about as Shannon and Jethro attacked the girl with kisses and tickles. It was going to be a long night.

**********************-End Flashback -********************************

Gibbs memory had returned and, for the most part was correct. However it was now the flashbacks and dreams that plagued his thoughts. After the explosion these episodes were hauntingly frequent and even more vivid and recurrent when back in the home where so many memories had been made. The feelings his messed up psyche evoked were as if only days had past instead of years. That was part of the reason for his sudden departure to Mexico. He couldn't stay in the house any longer. Maybe it had been a mistake not to tell anyone he was leaving, a mistake not to say goodbye, a misjudgment on his part but it had been his decision in the end, and he had, in his scrambled mind managed to justify it until now.... Now people were suffering, Tony was suffering and he had to make it right.

"Wynken and Blynken are two little eyes, and Nod is a little head, and the wooden shoe that sailed the skies is a wee ones trundle bed. So shut your eyes while papa sings of wonderful sites that be, and you shall see the beautiful things as you rock in the misty sea, where the old shoe rocked the fishermen three, Wynken, Blynken and Nod." Dr Mallardfinished the story and looked down to his lap where his sleeping grandson lay, extracting himself slowly from under the sleeping child he gently lay the little head back on the pillow placing a soft kiss on his forehead before standing and making his way toward the doorway.

"He ok?" Gibbs shot a concerned look towards Tony's small form.

"Just fine. I imagine his system needed to expel all the excess sugar, not to mention his excitement with his tantrum wouldn't have helped the matter... How did the clean up go?"

"Ok. Floor is finally clean, but the rug will have another nice mark."

The discomfort between the two men was clearly showing in their brusque conversation, both pausing for a moment letting their gazes fall to Tony before looking back at each other. There was an awkward silence settling between them, neither wanting to get into another argument but both knowing the air needed to be cleared, both of them ashamed at their behavior over the course of the evening and indeed over the past week. Gibbs eyes narrowed at the calculating look being given to him by the shorter man.

"If you've got something to say Dr, just say it."

"Oh yes Agent Gibbs," Dr Mallard answered acerbically "because you listened so well to my previous counsel."

************************-Flashback-**************************

"Wuv-oo Da-dee"

The words were muffled by sleep and painkillers, but Gibbs still heard them cutting him to the very core and stripping his defenses as he left the hospital room and headed for his car. Drawing in a deep breath of fresh air he stepped outside into the parking lot. He did not know what to do, those sweet words ran through his mind 'wuv-oo da-dee' over and over, it was hard to believe that those words, said with such honesty, innocence and love could cause such a pain. He was frustrated, angry with himself and guilty - so very guilty. Unlocking his car he stopped abruptly when he heard a familiar voice.

"Where are you going Jethro?"

Gibbs paused but did not answer; his old friend took in the packed suitcases in the back seat, and frowned.

"I once knew a man, whom found himself in a awkward situation, caught up with some undesirable associates, owed money to the wrong people. It wasn't much a few hundred dollars, or was it a few thousand, no it was ..."

"Ahh Geez Duck... Is there a point to this?"

"He neglected to tell any of his family or friends his troubles and decided instead to put as much distance as he could between himself and everyone else..."

"Let me guess he felt guilty and regretted it for the rest of his life." Gibbs quipped in return.

"Actually no, he was killed over it. Although I imagine he would of regretted that very much... The point being, if he had of told his family and friends, perhaps they could of helped." Ducky took in his friends stony façade, unmoving, unchanging and tried again to reach him. "Look Jethro, I understand...."

"Understand!" Gibbs gave a bitter laugh. "No you can't understand... You have no idea what its like... I let him down I couldn't protect Tony.." - Or Shannon and Kelly. Even though un-vocalized the elderly M.E understood that sentiment loud and clear.

"Jethro, there is nothing you could have done for Tony." It was on the tip of his tongue to mention Gibbs girls but remembering the quote 'discretion is the better part of valor' he decided to let it be. "You were in an explosion... Not your fault. You lost your memory...Not your fault... You were not the one driving the car that hit young Anthony, nor were you the one whom put him in the car and left him there to begin with, the blame for that lies on my shoulders I'm afraid. Nobody blames you." Ducky's gray blue eyes held the gaze of steely blue. "However if you abandon that precious child in there," gesturing towards the hospital, his tone sharp and surprisingly threatening "we will. If you leave him we will 'close ranks' as they say, faster Jethro, than you can quote your rule 6. We will all do what is necessary to protect Tony, even from you. " Finally seeing a crack in Gibbs amour Ducky pressed on softening his tone.

"You have been blessed with a second chance, a second chance at love and family not just with Anthony, but with all of us, Abigail, Timothy, Kate, Ziva and I, we are family. Let us in, let us help. Not many people are fortunate enough to get a second chance and one has been given to you, do not throw that away. Do not abandon him nor us." Ducky watched the emotions play in his friend's eyes, his face gave away nothing, he did not speak but his eyes spoke volumes.

"Now, I am going back inside, Anthony should be waking up soon and I do not wish him to be alone. Take a moment; get yourself a coffee and make your decision, remember you will only get one. If you leave, you will say Goodbye, do not do me or Anthony the disrespect of leaving without that."

Turning around, not giving Gibbs a chance to speak, Ducky headed back inside leaving Gibbs standing in silence by his car.

5 minutes later Gibbs returned to Tony's hospital room and sat down in the chair nearest his son, giving Ducky a nod of the head and a small smile as the elderly M.E placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

***********************-END FLASHBACK-*****************************

"I listened to your 'counsel' Dr Mallard, I came back, I didn't abandon Tony..."

"No, but you abandoned the rest of us. No warning nothing, I was here the night before you left, before you took Anthony away, you didn't so much as mention you were leaving, not even a goodbye.... "

The two men's words were spoken at a whisper so not to disturb Tony's sleep, but the disappointment in the words was practically yelled. The hurt in the older mans expression was palpable, striking a cord with the gruff special agent, the walls Gibbs had kept tightly in place, walls that over the last few months he had reinforced, crumpled, and with a sigh Gibbs spoke.

"Wanna know why I left, why the suddenness... " There was such sincere despair and bone dead weariness in Gibbs eyes as he spoke, Dr Mallard couldn't look away. "Flashbacks and dreams. Made no difference if I was awake or asleep, day after day, night after night, they were so sudden, so real... Not only could I see and hear them as though they were right here with me, but I could damn well feel them, touch them, hell even smell them. It was worse here, at home." Gibbs eyes flashed, his voice although still whispered had gained volume slightly, enough to portray the emotion he was feeling. "But you know what did it, that last night before we left. I woke up, middle of the night. I could hear Kelly crying... Hear her calling out for me... And I searched for her; I actually looked all over the house trying to find her. The cry's were so real, I spent twenty god-damn minutes looking for her before I realized..." Gibbs voice caught in his throat, thick with emotion, and self-loathing. "I finally realized it wasn't Kelly crying, it was Tony, poor little kid had worked himself into such a state by the time I realized...."

Dr Mallard opened his mouth to say something, but for once, couldn't find the words, shocked at the startling revelation.

"That's why I left, I couldn't stay here any longer it was making things worse and I had to lookout for Tony, had to get away, clear my mind, get a grip. Mexico helped; the visions weren't so common, still there but only in my dreams..." Gibbs chuffed a bitter laugh as he added, "Makes sleeping at night hell..." Gibbs finished speaking the soft weary tone fading into nothingness, as he saw the same pain and sorrow he was feeling reflected in his old friends face.

Minutes passed before Ducky regained his voice, "Oh Jethro. I'm so very sor.."

"You know how I feel about apologies Duck."

"Sign of weakness."

"Not between friends...or family..." Gibbs grabbed Ducky in a tight hug. "I'm sorry Duck. I should have told you."

"Apology accepted Jethro, my dear, dear friend. And I to am sorry, so very sorry." The older man returned the hug and both men stood there for a few moments, eyes drifting towards where Tony snuffled in his sleep, wriggling for a moment before settling back down.

"Well, it's getting late, I should be on my way."

"Guestroom's free Duck. Clean sheets even a new mattress and comforter." Gibbs continued at Ducky's questioning look, "Apparently Tony was using the guest bed to hide food, or, what I hope used to be food. Four months, soggy rotting food and a bed... Well you can guess." Gibbs shrugged a shoulder and gave the shorter man a small smirk.

With another glance towards Tony, Ducky accepted the invitation, and bid his friend a goodnight before retiring.

Leaving the bathroom light on, turning off Tony's night-light and giving the still sleeping child a soft kiss Gibbs also turned in.

------------------------------------------------------

Abby and McGee were sitting on Gibbs sofa, slight déjà vu from the previous night with one notable difference Dr Mallard and Agent Gibbs were back to being just Jethro and Ducky - thankfully - things were finally right between everyone, and the nights pizza evening was Gibbs 'non-apology'. Now the only argument pertaining was a friendly disagreement between the happiest goth in the world, and the young agent.

"Tony, who do you love more, me or McGee?"

"Abbs you can't ask him that, he wont understand!"

Tony looked up with a dimpled smile from where he was cramming as many cars, and various other things as he could into one of Gibbs own boots.

"You know he won't pick you Timmy, your afraid you'll lose... " The hyperactive goth turned her attention back to the little boy. "Will you Tony, you love Abby more don't you?"

"No."

McGee laughed and grinned in triumph "Take that Abbs. Knew you loved me more Tony."

"No."

"What do you mean no? Its either me, wonderful Abby who gives the best hugs in the world..." Abby's voice was full of enthusiasm as she tried to get Tony to choose her.... "Or McGee" her vioce deadpan.

"Wuv da-dee."

The headslap that was delivered to both Abby and McGee as Gibbs strolled into the room stunned the two into silence.

"Atta boy Tony." Gibbs picked up his son round the middle tucking him under an arm. "You two. Quit while your behind." Depositing Tony in his highchair he ruffled the boys hair and rolled up the large sleeves of his own, old, well worn, USMC t-shirt that had been placed on Tony for the purpose of covering the little boy's clothes in lieu of the pizza demolition that was about to begin.

"Pizza's here, Kate and Ziva are bringing it in now." Gibbs called out as he left the room to wash up before dinner.

As Abby stood, she slogged McGee in the arm before ducking out of the way laughing; McGee retaliated by pulling her pigtail while on the way to his chair.

"Just think Ziva, when we left there was only one two year old...." Kate teased as she placed the pizza boxes on the table, laughter from both Kate and Ziva intermingled with the sounds of Ducky's conversation with Tony.

"Shut up Kate." McGee tried to sound offended, failing dismally to mask the humor clearly evident in his tone. Abby stuck out her tongue in Kate's direction.

"Shup-up" Tony parroted, Abby gave a snort of laughter before the room fell deadly silent, as the rest of the group looked at Tony, mouths agape.

"Don't laugh Abby, you'll make him worse.."

"Shup-up" Tony smiled and clapped his hands, looking so very proud.

"No Anthony," Ducky admonished from across the table "you mustn't use that language, that is a naughty word."

Tony just looked confused and opened his mouth again "Shu..." Ziva gently put a hand over the little boy's mouth muffling the words as Tony giggled.

"McGee, you must make him stop. Gibbs will shoot you, if he finds out."

"Finds out what?" Gibbs again used his impeccable timing to catch the tail-end of the conversation. Ziva quickly removed her hand from Tony's mouth and took her seat at the table.

"Uhh, Umm, well you see boss...."

"McGee was just saying he was going to give Tony the biggest piece of pizza with the most sauce." Abby interrupted and gave her most charming smile; Gibbs didn't believe them for a moment and raised his eyebrow in question.

"Well McGee, when he makes a mess with that 'big, saucy' piece of pizza," Gibbs tone implied he knew they were lying "you can clean him up."

Gibbs took his seat next to Tony grabbing a piece of pizza and cutting into bite-sized pieces for the little boy as everyone else grabbed their own piece. Once everyone was settled Ducky stood;

"I propose a toast," the group grabbed the there various glasses and bottles raising them in readiness "to borrow the words of Johann Schiller, 'It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons' - To Family.."

"To family..." The resounding sound of clinking glass could be heard, amongst the laughter and conversations that were already starting up.

Tony copied the movements wanting to 'clink' glasses with everyone, something Gibbs put an end to very quickly when Tony got overenthusiastic and bashed his sippy-cup a little too hard against Ziva's glass spilling it on the table.

Tony grinned mischievously at the glare his daddy was giving him and took a big drink out of his sippy-cup, giving an exaggerated "Ahhh" as he finished, before looking at his daddy again cheekily from beneath little eyelashes and stuffing a piece of pizza in his mouth with a smile. Gibbs couldn't help the smile that came to his own face as he watched Tony's antics, a warm feeling - that had nothing to do with the beer in his hand - spread over Gibbs as he settled to eat his own pizza and bask in the familial glow of the evening.

The dinner was going nicely, conversation and banter flowed smoothly between the 'family' members interrupted only by Tony's "Ahh's" punctuated after every drink he took, the normally chatty little boy too occupied with his favorite food to use his mouth for anything other than cramming pizza into. Tony was well onto his second piece of pizza having devoured the first with gusto, this piece Tony seemed not to like as much pulling off the pineapple and dropping it onto the floor, the action going unnoticed for a few minutes before Gibbs caught what he was doing. Although Tony 'wuved' pizza, he appeared not to like pineapple.

"Tony!" Gibbs stopped the little hand mid drop "Quit dropping it on the floor."

"Yuckie!" Tony handed over the mushed up pineapple to his da-dee, grabbed a piece of pizza and dropped it on the floor instead.

"Tony, No!" Gibbs told the little boy off again.

"Shup-up."

McGee choked on his pizza, Abby spat her drink out with a spray, Kate and Ziva sent a pointed look in McGee's direction and Ducky smirked. Gibbs looked momentarily stunned before he followed everyone's gaze, eyes landing on McGee who was looking extremely uncomfortable.

"Shup-up...."

"Ton..."

Ducky interrupted before Gibbs could finish "Jethro, I advise you, and indeed everyone else to ignore him. He will only continue if you make a fuss over it."

Gibbs sighed and rubbed a hand over his face as Tony continued to sing-song his newfound word "Shup-up, shup-up, shup-up...."

Until this point Gibbs had been so very careful with the language used around Tony, knowing the little boy would parrot everything. Even Mike had been careful while the pair were in Mexico. There was something inherently funny about seeing Mike hold his tongue and try to come up with other words to use instead of some of the more colorful language that was normally ingrained in the mans speech.

"B-boss, look I'm really sorry, I..I.. It just slipped out. I should have been more careful."

"Ya think McGee."

Tony - just as Ducky had predicted - had lost interest in his new word and the adult conversation pretty quickly once everyone ignored him, and was back to dropping pineapple on the floor and wiping the sauce from the pizza in his hair.

After Gibbs had finished his dressing down of McGee (which was pretty tame really - what was done, was done), Gibbs turned to look at Tony, pizza sauce and toppings covered the little face, it was in his hair, in his ears, and even a small piece of what looked like pizza crust was wedged up a little nostril. Gibbs USMC shirt was a mess of little fingerprints but at least it had served its purpose, to protect the clothing underneath.

"McGee, take Tony and get him bathed, you're on Tornado clean up."

"Uh, boss, do you really think that's a good idea..."

The young agent was cut off from saying anything else, by a glare.

"Yes boss.."

Tim grabbed Tony from the highchair, holding him at arms length and disappeared up the stairs.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was almost 40minutes later when Tony barreled back into the lounge room, powdery white smudges on his face chest and tummy and also on the cotton black and orange tiger striped sleep shorts he now wore. McGee followed a moment later, covered in wet patches and the same white powdery substance, which by the smell was deduced to be baby powder.

"Oh my gosh McGee..." Kate bit back a laugh, "What happened?"

"Should find the other guy, yes?"

"Its 'see' Ziva, and THAT," McGee pointed to Tony who was climbing up to sit on the couch next to Abby "is the other guy."

"Timothy, how is it possible for you to have bathed young Anthony, and yet he comes out looking almost as messy?" Ducky's eyes sparkled.

"Ohhh, but he smells so nice." Abby took a big whiff of the little boy and gave him a tight squeeze, whilst removing some of the smudges of powder off the tip of his little nose.

"No dis... go'way..." Tony pulled a face as he tried to stop Abby squeezing him, fussing and wiping the smudges off the rest of his face.

"Leave him be for a bit Abb's. He'll be fine, powder will come off on its own." Gibbs spoke noting Tony's frustration - Abby had a heart of gold and Gibbs trusted her completely with Tony, but sometimes she could be a little... too eager... and Tony's tolerance waned, as he got tired.

Abby smiled sheepishly and let the wriggling boy go, joining in instead with the conversation between Ducky, Kate and Ziva, about McGee's latest Tony escapade. Tony climbed back down off the couch grabbing a car from the toy box, and disappeared into the kitchen.

Gibbs went upstairs to grab the matching pajama top for Tony and a clean set of sweats for McGee, the younger agent trailing behind, leaving a fine dusting of powder on the floor.

When Gibbs returned he stopped in the doorway to the kitchen watching Tony fondly, the little boy was currently looking down his pyjama shorts and diaper, not unusual for Tony who had developed a new uh... Fascination - toilet training would be coming soon - but what had really caught Gibbs eye was how much the little boy had grown and changed since he first came into his life. Tony had always been a very good-looking, delightful kid, and as he grew that hadn't changed if anything he'd only gotten cuter. He was a good inch or two taller; his hair although still curling endearingly at the ends was longer, the previously platinum blonde strands had darkened and were now more a light brown, save for the very tips of his curls which were sill quite light in colour. His olive skin was darker, tanned from the Mexican sun, his face was slightly less baby-fied yet even more adorable with expressions than were damn hard to say 'no' to, and his dimples when he smiled were even more pronounced. But his eyes hadn't changed they were the same bright green that sparkled and shined with laughter, love and spirit. Tony was smart too, picking things up quickly. His mind was a sponge soaking up new information, his inquisitive/curious nature leading him to explore everything in his own brand of learning. To say Gibbs was a proud father was an understatement; pride didn't even begin to describe it. He loved the kid with every ounce of his being, with every breath that love grew and grew, there was nothing Gibbs wouldn't do for the boy, nothing. Gibbs watched for a moment longer before speaking.

"Get ya hands outta ya pants Tony." Gibbs smiled down at his boy who ran into the waiting arms and started to rub his eyes sleepily. Gibbs popped Tony's pajama top (white t-shirt with black and orange striped tiger print on the sleeves and cartoon tiger head with the word 'Roar' on the front) over his head and poked his arms through, before hoisting his little boy up. It was funny really, Tony was all energy and movement, go-go-go all day long, but when he got tired, it hit suddenly. One second he could be running wildly around the house, the next second he'd be passed out on the floor.

"Nuggle?" Tony yawned and looked into his daddy's blue eyes.

"What's a Nuggle?" Abby questioned from where she had appeared in the kitchen.

"Nuggle is Tony's word for snuggle.. He get's big nuggle's when he goes to bed. Usually says it when he's tired."

"Ohhh Gibbs, that is soooo cute..." Abby gushed as she watched Tony rest his head against his daddy's neck. "Kate, Ziva, guess what Tony calls snuggles, it's so sweet." The excitable goth ran into the other room, beginning her ramblings and cooing with the other women.

Gibbs rolled his eyes and gave his attention back to Tony. "You ready for bed squirt?"

Tony nodded his head slowly from where it was pillowed, "Ok come on, lets go say goodnight. Then we can have 'nuggles' for a bit."

Gibbs walked into the lounge room, where his family was seated. "Gunna say goodnight Tony."

Tony waved a little hand.

"Say goodnight to Grandpa."

"Nigh-nigh Pa."

Ducky stood and gave Tony a kiss on the forehead "Goodnight Anthony, sweet dreams."

"Say goodnight to McGee and Ziva."

"Nigh Gee." Tony smiled tiredly, "Nigh-Nigh ee'ba"

"Night Tony." "Goodnight my little cheeky butt."

"And Abby and Kate." Gibbs instructed and turned to face the agents sitting on the sofa.

"Nigh A'bee..."

"And Kate..."

"Nigh-nigh Poh-bie." Tony gave a cheeky grin, and blew a little kiss, over exaggerating it the way only a small child could.

Kate looked shocked "Gibbs, why is your son calling me probie...Me?...Of all the people here why am I the Probie? "

Gibbs left the room quickly, ignoring Kate's question. Going upstairs to Tony's room Gibbs placed the little boy in his bed (his old crib lowered, strengthened and without the sides) and 'nuggled' with his boy until he fell asleep, he could still hear the laughter from downstairs it was comforting, things had finally been resolved, everyone was happy and the team dynamic was back. The night had been a success.

----------------------------------------------------

Everyone stayed for another few hours before saying his or her goodbyes. Ducky had opted again to use the guestroom for the night as his mother was away. Gibbs spent half an hour with his boat before making his way to his bedroom, opening the window to let in the balmy night air, showering, and going to bed himself.

He had been lying in bed for 2 hours unable to sleep when he heard the soft pitter-patter of little feet, looking towards the doorway Gibbs saw the culprit silhouetted in the moonlight. Tony toddled over to the bed, little hand holding his pacifier and Labrador toy dragging it half on the ground, his hair was sticking up in every direction curls knotted together at the back where the little boy had rubbed his head against his pillow. Tony looked up at his daddy with sleepy green eyes, his bottom lip sticking out in an adorable pout.

"Da-dee?"

"Hmmm..."

"Up." The little boy asked, already grabbing a fist full of sheet to pull himself up with. Gibbs hoisted his son up and settled him down under the sheets, Tony scooted up against his daddy as close as he could, little head resting on Gibbs chest, looking up and staring intently at his daddy's face, little fingers playing with 'NIS' logo on Gibbs shirt.

"Da-dee?"

"Yeah Tony?"

"Wuv-oo"

"Love you too squirt. Now close your eyes."

"Da-dee?"

"Go to sleep Tony."

"Mo pee'a."

Gibbs barked out a laugh "No, no more pizza. Sleep. Now."

And he did. That night was the first since the whole mess began, that Gibbs slept and did not dream.

------------------------------------------------------

Ok so that was the end of the hiatus theme to the story.... Let me know what you thought of it??? Next up new Tony adventures... Please review I love them and they make my day!