- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Yes, I'm posting another story and I still haven't updated my other ones. Blame my muse. I haven't given up on my other stories, they're just sorta on the back burner. But they will eventually be updated. The story will be separated into scenes with a location header before each one. The tone is different than my other stories and some parts are intentionally vague and rambling. Please review.
Author's Chapter Notes:
"I want to help you. I'll find her. I'll bring her to you."
Israeli Embassy, Washington D.C.

“Ari David, I do not give a damn about your sense of duty or your pride right now!”


“But-”


“No buts. I gave you an order and you will carry it out. There is a car waiting outside the embassy and you will get in it. The car will drive you to the Dulles Airport where you will get on the family private jet. The jet will take you to Ben Gurion Airport where you will get in another car. This car will drive you to the family mansion where you will submit to an after-care and physical therapy regimen supplied by an in-house doctor. And you will not be on active duty until both the doctor and I declare you physically fit. Are we completely clear on this?”


“Yes ma'am,” he muttered reluctantly. Though he chaffed at having to lie in bed like an invalid for G-d knows how long, he knew there was no point of arguing with Ziva when she was in this mood. If he tried, she was as likely as not to knock him out and carry him to the bloody car.


Besides, unlike most he could see what lay behind his sister's rage. He could see the tiny little girl who was frightened and worried. He could see the shining moistness in her eyes that was threatening to well up into tears and fall down her face even as she yelled at him.


Every time he saw her like this, guilt punched him in the gut and sorrow filled his heart. He cursed himself for never taking a moment to think before making a reckless decision. For not considering that there was someone who cared about him, someone who would cry when he was gone. Every time he wanted to beg for forgiveness. But he wouldn't, he was too proud for that. Just as she was too proud to let her tears show. Maybe when they were alone in their house, with no one to witness their weakness. But not here, not now. Here and now they had to be strong. There were people around them, people who relied on Mossad officers to be the strong ones, to fight the terrors they could not face.


To tell the truth he wanted to go home. He needed time to think. Time to put everything in perspective. Time to spend time with his baby sister. Time to plan his revenge. Time to plan how to get Caitlin Todd for himself. His previous thoughts pushed their way into the front of his head. What would Ziva do if he got hurt again?


But he pushed those doubts away impatiently. She would understand, she knew what lust for revenge and obsession felt like. Those dark emotions were part of them, just as the need to kill was always within them. The way their hearts raced whenever they were slighted, the way their bodies trembled when they knew they would soon see an enemies blood pool at their feet. The way they grinned when they saw the light of life fade from someones eyes. It was part of being a David. That was why so many of them became Mossad, being able to hurt, to slaughter without prosecution was an offer they couldn't refuse.


Of course there were always times when the darkness overcame them. When they strayed out of their bounds to strike someone for a personal vendetta and not an ordered hit. Ari and Ziva were two of those who usually didn't bother to restrain themselves when anger clouded their minds. They'd acquired a nasty habit of killing anyone who happened to annoy them. They also tended to accept contact killings on the more illegal side. Someone you want dead? Cheating spouse? Conniving loan sharks? Abusive spouse? Lying businessman? Were you a victim of a crime that the police couldn't or wouldn't solve? Their guns and knives are your salvation.


The Israeli government of course condoned these actions, even going as far as to cover up for them. If anyone looked hard enough they would find that extremely tragic and fatal accidents tended to follow them around. Still nobody asked questions, nobody dared to stop them, they were too valuable. Their unique skills couldn't be wasted just because of their often lethal tempers. It was politics, a matter of weighing the risks. And the scales always tipped in the siblings favor. That was just the way it was. The way it always would be. They had their freedom, and the government had their killing machines; and both parties were happy.


Not that their official missions weren't satisfying enough. After all they weren't monsters, they reveled in the chance to do good. An eye for an eye, kill one save a thousand; that's the way it is. That's what they believed in. Some people have to die, no court on earth can judge their crimes. Only G-d had that power.
Chapter End Notes:
Yes, I'm posting another story and I still haven't updated my other ones. Blame my muse. I haven't given up on my other stories, they're just sorta on the back burner. But they will eventually be updated. The story will be separated into scenes with a location header before each one. The tone is different than my other stories and some parts are intentionally vague and rambling. Please review.