- Text Size +
A/N â€" Just want to say another huge thank you to my girl Alisa for all her help and guidance with this story, she has been my rock with writing this.

I know for a fact Alisa would love to hear from you so if you would like to get in contact with her then her email address is:

neely alisa at yahoo .com (remove spaces and change 'at' to the to the symbol for it.)

Just to let you all know, this is sort of a continuation from the last chapter, just from Jethro and Timmy’s perspective. There is small warning for you all, this chapter has got some pretty bad language (including the ‘F’ word) so I’m going to apologise in advance for any offence taken. Who knew our Timmy had such a potty mouth lol.

Anyway enjoy

****************NCIS****************

4.30pm................................

Jethro sat back in the large, luxurious leather recliner and sighed heavily. It had been a month since the shooting and his shoulder had been steadily improving, the only problem was the tears to the muscles in his shoulder were taking too damn long to heal for his liking and the damn sling he had to wear to support the joint was just a bit inconvenience to him.

He reached back and pulled at the small tab sitting at the nape of his neck and smiled at the satisfying ripping sound of the Velcro as he undid the slings straps, he figured he wasn’t doing anything but relaxing with the TV on so he could get away with enjoying the freedom for a little while. He stretched his arm out and tried to rub away the soreness the movement caused, god he hated this. He hated the fact that some son of a bitch had kept him away from the job that he loved, but most of all he hated the fact that his seven and a half months pregnant partner had struggled between work and taking care of him. The stress had been immense and recently his Timmy had struggled with severe back pain and sciatica which was caused by the position the baby was sitting in, spine to spine with Tim, the pressure of the position trapping his sciatic nerve and the large bump pulling Tim’s back into an uncomfortable curve.

Jethro decided to ring Tim to see how he was doing but as soon as he grabbed the phone it started to ring. He chuckled and pressed the answer button expecting Tim at the other end.

‘Hey, I was just about to ring you. How’re you doing?’

‘I’m not sure why you would be ringing me Agent Gibbs unless you have already been informed of the issues surrounding your team’.

Jethro stiffened at the clipped tone of the director, he still had a couple of weeks left of sick leave and found the fact that his superior had called him strange to say the least.

‘Director Vance. Sorry, I thought you were McGee’.

The director huffed slightly and Jethro heard his leather office chair creak slightly as the director sat down to make himself comfortable.

‘Guessed as much. We’ve got a lot to discuss Gibbs but firstly do you want to tell me why David and McGee are making DiNozzo’s life hell at the moment?’

Gibbs sat up sharply and winched as his shoulder pulled painfully, he knew that whatever the director had to say was going to be bad and the thought started to piss him off.

‘What! Leon I’ve been on sick for the better part of a month, so how bout you tell me what’s going on with my team because as far as I was concerned everything was ok’.

Jethro started to think back to how Tim had been over the past few weeks but came up with nothing. Apart from his back issues at the moment and a little bit of tiredness, Tim seemed ok considering. He had even kept Jethro completely up to date with the case on a regular basis, but there was no mention of any tension within the team.

‘What apart from the fact that one of them is ready to give bir..........’

Jethro snarled at the comment, he thought the directors resolve had softened slightly after the shooting, Jesus how wrong could he be? He knew Vance was old school and hated the fact that the government had put contingency plans in place to give pregnant men the same rights as women but so far he had managed to keep his prejudice to himself.

‘He’s still got a month before he goes on paternity Vance and I seriously doubt that is really one of the issues. Unless of course you wanna go through our lawyers because if I remember rightly you can’t discriminate against Tim for being pregnant’.

‘Agent Gibbs, it is an issue when he being disrespectful of his team leader when he gets sent home because his back is causing him problems. Now, I wouldn’t expect anyone to treat their team leader in the manner by which both Agent McGee and Agent David has and refuse to let anyone use their pregnancy as an excuse. I wouldn’t tolerate it if he was a pregnant woman either Agent Gibbs, so let’s get this straight now, if his pregnancy continues cause him pain and he can’t do his job then I will put him on sick leave until his paternity starts’.

God this was not good, Jethro had no idea what his team had done to warrant a phone call from the director whilst he was on sick leave but it didn’t sound good, especially after the heated words the two men just shared.

‘You better fill me in Leon’.

He heard Leon sigh on the other end of the phone and sat back gingerly when his shoulder protested angrily, He felt his frustration start to rise at the silence of the other end of the phone and was about to snap at his superior when Vance started to talk.

‘The elevators been out of order today and McGee’s had to use the stairs which has caused him a certain amount of pain. We know his back has been bothering him and we have made allowances but today was particularly hard, hell Gibbs he couldn’t walk without wincing. He walked into a briefing clearly in pain and DiNozzo suggested he go home, but got a verbal assault for his concern. I won’t tolerate it Gibbs, especially not in front of the BAU’.

Jethro didn’t know what to say, it was so unlike his mild mannered Lover to verbally abuse someone, hell when the argued Tim was either too damn assertive or walked away. Jethro had to admit to being worried and knew the recent stress would factor in, even so, there was no way he was going to let Tim be so disrespectful. Vance paused for a second and continued.

‘Agent Hotchner came to see me to voice his concerns. Shit Jethro, he’s profiled you all and recent events have not painted NCIS in a good light’.

‘Cut the crap Leon! What exactly did Tim say to DiNozzo?’

‘He told him he would never fill your shoes and that it was bad enough he was trying to be you, the best comment was the one where DiNozzo didn’t have the right to send him home. He completely undermined DiNozzo’s authority in front of another agency Gibbs and I for one won’t stand for interagency relations being compromised by the personal feelings of my staff. You better talk to him Gibbs, if you don’t I will’.

Jethro sighed loudly and rubbed his eyes roughly. He couldn’t help wonder why Tim hadn’t gone to him if he was feeling frustrated with the way the team was being led.

‘I’ll talk to him, he might listen more if it comes from me. What about Ziva?’

Leon laughed bitterly, Ziva had been a moot point for him for years and he hated the fact that she had been taken on permanently by NCIS.

‘She’s being prickly and disrespectful; you know how she gets Gibbs. She needs to rein in the sly looks and her temper because she is making it difficult for anyone to work with her. I will suspend her if she carries on because it is completely unacceptable, especially if she keeps telling DiNozzo he isn’t you. She is aggressive at the best of times but recently.....recently she is being a pain in the ass’.

Jethro knew what he had to do and had his game plan already mapped out in his head.

‘I’ll talk to them Leon. Is Tim still at the office or did he leave already?’

‘From what I can make out the briefing ended at about three and he pretty much stormed out then, I presumed he’d go straight home’.

Jethro looked at the clock on the wall and frowned when he read the time, 17.15, it takes half hour to get home so where the hell was Tim?

‘Shit, look I’ll talk to them both ok, let me handle them for now. Listen, can you email me the profiles Agent Hotchner put together?’

‘I’ll send it right away. Just make sure you do deal with this Gibbs, because if you don’t then I sure as well will’.

The line went dead leaving Jethro sitting there holding the phone deep in thought. He had no idea things had got so bad at the office and wondered why the hell DiNozzo hadn’t come to him earlier. Truth be known, he knew deep down why but the fact that he knew his senior agent would be suffering silently with his defences being broken down brick by brick stung. He held down the speed dial button to Tim’s cell phone and listened to it ring a few times before going straight to voice mail.

‘This is Special Agent Timothy McGee, I’m sorry I can’t take your call right now but please leave a message and I’ll contact you as soon as possible’

Jethro waited patiently for the beep.

‘Damn it Tim where the hell are you? Ring me back ok, I need to know you’re alright’

He hung up and threw the phone down on the sofa with frustration, if Tim had left at three then where the hell was he? He felt a cold nose nudge his hand and looked down at the sullen furry face of his namesake.

‘What’s the matter boy, you wanna go out?’

Jethro watched as the Alsatian jumped up and ran to the French doors, waiting patiently for his master to let him out. Jethro opened the doors and watched silently as their dog ran around the back yard happily. He didn’t know how long he had been standing there for but was pulled out of his thoughts by the front door slamming; he turned slowly and watched as his heavily pregnant partner slowly made his way into the living room.

****************NCIS****************

5.30pm â€" Present time

‘Where the hell have you been McGee?’

Tim had been deep in thought and felt dog tired, his back hurt like hell and all he wanted to do was have a hot shower to try to ease his discomfort. He had spent the better part of two and a half hours just driving around to try to clear his head and had no intention of getting into an argument with Jethro.

‘I’ve been at work J, I’m gonna go for a shower’.

Jethro moved forward and grabbed Tim’s arm roughly to stop him climbing the stairs, he wanted to know what the hell was going on and demanded answers now.

‘Oh is that a fact Agent McGee, you wanna try that again’.

Tim seemed to shrink slightly at the words and whirled round to face his thoroughly pissed off lover, the movement sending shooting pains through his lower back and down his left leg as though someone had decided to prod at him with red hot pokers. He reached out and grabbed Jethro’s limp arm for balance, his face contorted with pain.

‘Arghhh, damn it J, what the hell is with the Agent McGee?’

Jethro pulled him arm away sharply and pointed at Tim.

‘I’ve had a call from the director and I’ve gotta tell you, I’m really pissed with the way you and Ziva are treating DiNozzo. I also happen to know you left the office at three and it only takes a half hour to get home, so you wanna tell me what your problem is and where the hell you have been’.

Tim started to move towards the large couch but found himself blocked by his lover.

‘I needed to clear my head ok! Now get the fuck out of the way and let me sit down because my back is killing me’.

‘No!’

Tim looked up and gritted his teeth, he hated arguing with Jethro and at any other time he would be able to bite his tongue or walk away, now? Well now was different, he was in pain, his son was using his internal organs for target practice and he was hormonal...........damn, this was going to get ugly.

‘Ok, you wanna know what’s going on. For the past three weeks I have had to put up with DiNozzo trying to fill your shoes once again, shit J, he’s even got the glare going on. To top it off every morning we have to endure a ‘campfire’ and then he has the fucking nerve to send me home this afternoon. You have no idea what it has been like the past few months knowing I’ve been on shaky ground with the director anyway. I’ve managed to keep my head down and do my job but Tony sending me home just proves him right doesn’t it’.

Jethro stepped aside and let Tim sit down carefully on the couch, he watched as his lover grasped the bottom of his back and grunt painfully when he lowered himself slowly down. His anger abated slightly and he moved to kneel in front of Tim.

‘Timmy it doesn’t give you the right to disrespect him like that, he’s the team leader and I expect him to be treated with the same level of respect as me’

Tim’s eyes flew up to meet Jethro’s crystal blue ones.

‘Doesn’t give me the righ............you have no idea do you boss. Him sending me home has just proved exactly what everyone has been thinking recently and has given that smug bastard Vance a weapon to use. Don’t you get it Gibbs, everyone thinks the good little pregnant male lover of the boss can’t do his job properly because of his condition but now..........crap’.

Tim swiped harshly at the tears that were threatening to fall; he didn’t want to cry but the hormones pretty much made it inevitable at the moment. He leaned back against the back of the couch and felt Jethro grasp his hand to pull him forward into a hug. Tim’s anger boiled again and he pulled away to sharply, his back protested the movement making him gasp painfully.

‘Nnng, No J, you don’t get to do that right now. I’ve had a shitty day and I come home to this. What the fuck do you want from me right now? You know what, don’t answer that, just.............just leave me alone’

Jethro pulled his hands away and stood up hovering menacingly over Tim.

‘What do I want you to do Tim? I want you to start taking better care of yourself, what you fail to realise is that if I was there I would have sent your sorry ass home too and yes, that means I am in full support of DiNozzo’s actions’

Jethro turned and stormed towards the stairs but stopped and turned, his eyes glinting with the anger he had managed to curb earlier.

‘Oh and for the record Agent McGee, I expect Special Agent DiNozzo to be treated with the same kind of respect you give me, do I make myself clear’

He watched as Tim struggled to his feet and turned slowly, his face contorted with more than just physical pain. He refused to let his defences drop this time, Tim was out of line and needed to be told.

‘Crystal boss, seeing as that’s how were gonna play it I’ll get out of your house’

Tim walked towards the sideboard near the front door and grabbed his car keys, Jethro watched as a deep sob escaped his lover and moved to stand in front of the door.

‘Don’t be so god damn childish Tim, and what the fuck! Your house, if I remember rightly your name is on the deeds as well so it’s our house’

His finger was pointing directly in Tim’s tear stained face, he notice how Tim didn’t make eye contact but looked blankly at something in his hand, he followed Tim’s gaze down and saw the wedding band Tim usually wore glinting in his palm.

‘And you can put that back on too. You know what Tim, I haven’t got the energy to deal with this right now but you’re not leaving this house. When you have grown up slightly and pulled your head out of your ass, then we’ll discuss this like adults’.

Tim replaced the band and threw his keys against the wall.

‘Fine Jethro, if that’s what you want’

Tim turned, the fight had gone completely out of him and had left him feeling both physically and emotionally drained by the whole thing. He just wanted to curl up alone and sleep, he wanted to forget the pain he was feeling but most worryingly he just didn’t want to do this anymore.

Tim took his jacket off and loosened his tie, luckily he had found a website that catered for pregnant men and he had been able to pick up a couple of suits and shirts to wear for work, the only problem he had was the fact that he had to wear his shirts un tucked, other than that, he looked quite smart. He debated going upstairs to change into his sweats and t shirt but decided against it and sat down carefully on the couch. It didn’t take long for the tears to flow freely as he sat there weeping uncontrollably, totally unable to curl into himself because of the huge bump in front of him.

Jethro stood at the foot of the stairs, he was torn between comforting his lover and just walking away knowing if he comforted Tim, his message would be lost. He made the decision and turned to walk upstairs intending to leave Tim to think about everything that had transpired during the course of the day and to make another phone call he knew would be difficult.

****************NCIS****************

Gibbs took out his phone and scrolled through his phonebook, he was still angry from his conversation with Tim but knew it was a call that just couldn’t wait.

‘Hello’.

Gibbs sighed heavily at the clipped tone; it was all he could do to keep his anger in check.

‘Ziva its Gibbs. We need to talk about a conversation I had with the director’

‘And what exactly did the director have to say?’

Jesus, her attitude stunk, add that to the worst argument he had ever had with Tim and you could bet your bottom dollar his anger was going to overflow.

‘Quit the attitude now Agent David, DiNozzo might let it go but I certainly won’t. I just wanted to let you know that if you carry on baiting him the way I know damn well you are doing then I will place you on suspension and will have to seriously rethink your position on the team, do you understand’

‘I wasn’t aware that there was anything wrong with my attitude but yes I understand Gibbs’

Gibbs sucked in another breath and tried to calm his rage, he was thankful Ziva wasn’t in front of him because he could rip her head off right about now.

‘If you understand then you must be aware there’s an issue Ziva, knock it on the head now. DiNozzo is in charge of the team and if you have an issue with it then take it up with the director, until then, you will do whatever Tony tells you to, if he wants coffee, you fetch, if he wants you to work on the case then you do so without argument. If I hear you are still giving him dirty looks then you’re out on your ass, got it?’

He heard Ziva swear loudly in Hebrew.

‘Fine but I would like it on record that I don’t think Tony is suited to lead the team and think it was a mistake to make him temporary team leader’

Jethro had heard enough and decided to cut the conversation short.

‘Fine Agent David, write it up and hand it to the director, in the meantime if you ever undermine your superiors again then you will find yourself unemployed. Trust me when I say this Agent David, Your actions have not put us in a good light with the BAU and NCIS is currently a laughing stock. You are not off the hook and I will be going through disciplinary procedures when I return to work’

He slammed the phone shut and moved towards the bathroom, god he wanted a shower but knew how badly Tim was hurting right now so started to run hot water into their large tub. Once it was filled he turned the bath taps off and made his way downstairs to Tim. He knew how upset Tim had got and didn’t want to leave him stewing for too long.

He walked quietly into the living room and panicked slightly when he didn’t see Timmy sitting where he had left him; he glanced towards the door and noticed the tossed keys still lying on the floor and it took a moment for him to hear the low snuffle coming from the sofa. He moved his way round cringing when he saw Tim curled up asleep, his face red and puffy with crying. He knelt down in front of his lover again and gently placed his hand on Tim’s shoulder to shake him awake.

‘Timmy, come on wake up, sleeping down here has got to be hurting your back’.

Tim woke up groggily and rubbed his hand over his still moist cheeks, it looked as though he had cried himself to sleep and his eyes were still glassy and damp from the excessive tears.

‘What..........J? Oh god J, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry’.

Jethro leaned down and kissed Tim gently on the forehead before running his hand through the sandy hair.

‘It’s ok Timmy, were done arguing. Just do me a favour and apologise to DiNozzo ok, he’s your friend and deserves that much’.

Tim nodded and held out his hand for help, it had been a while since he had been able to hoist himself off the couch without help and was grateful when Jethro took his hand.

‘Where’s your sling J, you should be wearing it’.

Jethro chuckled slightly and pointed to the coffee table in the middle of the room.

‘Thought I’d take it off for a while, come on I’ve ran you a bath to help with your back’

Jethro pulled Tim up and frowned deeply at the strangled cry of pain that escaped Tim. He had no idea his lovers back had been this bad, he moved in and wrapped his arms around Tim and supported him through the worst of the painful spasm.

‘Think you can stand?’

Tim nodded and stood gingerly.

‘Don’t think I should have fallen asleep on the couch, my backs completely seized.....omph’

‘What’s the matter Tim?’

Tim smiled ruefully and gripped onto Jethro’s arm fiercly.

‘Your son doesn’t like us arguing very much, he’s decided that using my spine as a mattress isn’t good enough so he’s using my ribs as a football. It doesn’t hurt, it’s just uncomfortable and takes me by surprise’.

Jethro chuckled and helped Tim climb the stairs to the bathroom. It wasn’t long before he had Tim relaxing in the hot bath.

‘Tim I don’t like you’re back hurting so much so I’m gonna call Duck to come check you out Ok’

Tim had let his eyes drift shut and was nearly asleep when Jethro’s voice rang through the bathroom. He nodded gently and let the hot water ease his aches and pains.

‘Ok. J, can you let Tony know I won’t be in tomorrow’

Jethro chuckled and rubbed the bump that was poking through the water fondly.

‘Sure Timmy, I’ll let him know’

Jethro walked into the bedroom and Tim could soon hear him talking quietly to Ducky, if the truth be told, this was one part of pregnancy that was really starting to get him down and with only a month and a half to go, he couldn’t wait for the birth.

He relaxed further and soon fell asleep with the hot water lapping around him, it had been a rough day, but he knew he could always rely on Jethro to take care of him in the end.

TBC



****************NCIS****************
Hey guys, well here it is, another chapter written, I hope you all enjoyed and please hit that little button below to let us know what you think because your reviews really do make our day.

Thanks guys

Shelbylou and Alisa x