- Text Size +
A/N Hi guys, I just want to apologise for the long wait but real life seriously got in the way (Unfortunately I work full time and this week has been a bit hectic). Anyway, I've finally pulled my finger out of my arse and have managed to get some writing in so I hope you all enjoy.

As always, A big thank you to Alisa, Girl you have been my rock throughout this story and have provided a lot of insight and direction.

I know for a fact Alisa would love to hear from you so if you would like to get in contact with her then her email address is:

neely alisa at yahoo .com (remove spaces and change 'at' to the to the symbol for it.)

Ok guys, It's another continuation because there is just too much for one chapter!

****************NCIS****************

Tim relaxed in the large bath and let the hot water soothe his aching back and leg. He was at the stage of his pregnancy now, that was just becoming damn painful and he found himself desperately wanting his due date to arrive quickly. He'd loved everything else about being pregnant even down to the little foot in his ribs, but the back pain? That was something he was struggling with.

He let his eyes close and listened carefully to Jethro's voice rumble gently through the bedroom, the sound was low enough to hear, but not loud enough to make out the words. Tim sighed and dropped his head back against the cool surface of the tub. He lay there remembering the events of the day and sighed, the argument was still fresh in his mind and he started to feel his eyes prickle once again as the tears started to stream silently down his face.

Jethro walked back into the bathroom and looked over towards his lover frowning deeply, as Tim lay there rubbing his bump lovingly. It wasn't Tim's gentle caresses that made him frown, it was the tears that silently streaked down his face. He made his way over and perched on the side of the bath and ran his rough calloused hand down Tim's face, stopping briefly to rub his thumb over his lovers hot cheek.

'Ok Duck............yeah that's fine, the doors open.............I will, see you soon'.

He hung up the phone and knelt down at the side of the bath. Tim turned towards him and smiled ruefully with a puffy face.

'Hey J'.

Jethro's heart melted at the raw pain in his lover's eyes, he wanted nothing more than to take it away but knew the argument had affected him deeply and it would take time for Tim to calm down. He reached over and swiped away another tear as it started to roll down his lover's cheek.

'Right back at ya. Aw come on Timmy, don't cry. You ok?'

Tim nodded and sat up slowly, wincing at the sharp pull in his back as the change in position aggravated his already throbbing back. Jethro stood and wrapped his arms around Tim's shoulders to support him.

'Easy, come on let's get you out. Duck said you shouldn't stay in long anyways'.

Tim soon found himself being helped out of the Tub but was unprepared for the screaming pain that ripped through his lower back. He tried to bite back his agonised cries, but found it difficult when he twisted to step out and let out a strangled cry startling Jethro into holding Tim closer until the spasm was over. Jethro was used to Tim wincing as the pull in his back twinged from time to time, but the all out cries of agony tore through his heart.

'Slowly Timmy. That's it, come on let get you dried off and in bed ok?'

Tim was standing on the large bath mat at the side of the bath and was clinging onto to Jethro with all his might, the pain was relentless and he wanted nothing more than to slip into bed and try to sleep the day away. He closed his eyes and rested his forehead on Jethro's shoulder as his lover dried him gently with the large bath towel.

'J, I need my sweats if Ducky's coming over'

Jethro chuckled and supported Tim to the bedroom.

'I don't think you'll be needing them, Duck wants to do a full check because he's worried'

Tim groaned loudly and gingerly sat on the bed holding his back. He let Jethro help him lay down on his side, the full body pillow that had become necessity pushed firmly between his legs.

'Define full check J'

Jethro chuckled and moved over to pull the lube out of the drawer in the bedside cabinet.

'I told him how bad your back was, he wants to make sure you're not in labour so I guess he'll be needing this'

Jethro had been too busy teasing Tim that he hadn't noticed the door to the bedroom open revealing a soggy, bedraggled Ducky.

'Ah, there you both are. The weather has taken a turn for the worse I'm afraid. Jethro, Timothy, I heard Jethro in the back yard and let him in. Unfortunately he's a little bit wet so I left him in the kitchen'

Tim looked over to Jethro and frowned, he had been so caught up in the argument and his own thoughts he hadn't even given his faithful Alsatian a thought.

'J?'

Jethro reached down and pushed Tim's hair back off his forehead.

'It's ok Timmy, I let him out just before you got in and totally forgot he was out there. I'll go down and try to dry him off some while Duck see to you'

He stood up and made his way out of the bedroom to give Duck the chance to examine Tim and hopefully talk to him about what has been going on at the office, if anything, Duck was perfect for that and Jethro knew his Timmy was in good hands.

'Ok Timothy, shall we?'

Timothy felt the light sheet being pulled back and hissed with pain when ducky probed his sore back.

'Oh dear Timothy, I'm afraid you'll be off work for the foreseeable future my dear boy. How long has it been this bad?'

Tim sighed and rubbed his bump unconsciously, the action had become so normal to him recently he didn't realised he was doing it.

'Just today ducky, but it's been getting worse over the past couple of weeks'

Ducky nodded and reached over to his bag to grab some gloves out.

'Timothy, I need to check........'

'It's ok Ducky, just..........just.......let's get it over with'

Ducky chuckled slightly and squirted lubricant on his finger before pulling back the sheet further to reveal Tim's naked body.

'Timothy, would you like Jethro present for this?'

Tim nodded slightly. He had hated the dreaded internal exams that accompanied every Doctors visit, but always found them slightly easier somehow when Jethro accompanied him. He was surprised by the deep, soft voice that seemed to float gently over towards the bed.

'I'm here duck, where do you want me?'

Ducky turned his head slightly towards the door, and gestured for Jethro to sit in front of Tim and hold his hand.

'Just comfort Timothy Jethro; this is going to be uncomfortable'.

Jethro sat down on the edge of the bed and laced his fingers through Tim's, his other hand rubbed gentle circles over his lover's temples to try to ease some of the suffering. He smiled slightly at the look of pure horror on Tim's face when Ducky parted Tim's cheeks and pushed his finger gently inside to start the internal exam. The smile wasn't of amusement; it was the smile Jethro had taken on to comfort Tim when things got too much and always noticed Timmy's demeanour change slightly for the better when he saw it.

Tim relaxed completely when Ducky withdrew his finger and sighed, he was starting to feel tired and hoped Ducky would be able to give him something more than Tylenol for his aching back.

'Well my dear boy, the good news is you are not in labour. The bad news, well I'm sure you already know that Timothy. Unfortunately, a man's body has evolved enough to allow natural birth but hasn't evolved enough to take the strain of carrying the excess weight. A woman body is slightly more malleable and is designed to carry children where as............'

'Duck! Can ya give him anything for the pain?'

Tim looked up gratefully at his lover and smiled; he had heard that speech a thousand times over the past few months and was glad he wouldn't have to endure it again.

'Ah, yes of course Jethro. Timothy, I can give you a muscle relaxant called Flexeril, it is a category B medication so is perfectly safe to use. Unfortunately, I can't prescribe anything stronger than Tylenol'

Ducky pulled out a syringe and swiftly injected the muscle relaxant, Tim's face scrunched slightly as the needle punctured his pale skin. Ducky and Jethro helped Tim sit up slightly to take the pain killers and Tim leaned into Jethro as his lover ran gentle circles over the spasming muscles in his tight back. It wasn't long before Jethro felt his lover practically melt into him and recognised the soft, regular breaths.

Ducky reached up to take Tim's pulse and laughed softly before pulling a glucometer out of his bag and hoped his young patient wouldn't wake up. He decided to be quick and swiftly pricked Tim's finger so he could place a drop of blood on small test strip.

Ducky winced slightly as the lancet clicked, he was expecting some kind of response but Tim stayed dead to the world and Ducky couldn't help but think that it was a pretty firm testament to Tim's exhaustion, because even with the medication he would have normally have woken up to the sharp prick in his finger. Ducky seemed pleased with the results smiled reassuringly at a worried looking Jethro.

'He's asleep Jethro, don't worry. Muscle relaxants tend to have that affect. He's been exhausted recently as well so how about we let him sleep'.

Jethro nodded slightly and turned his attention back to Tim while Ducky packed his stuff away. Jethro waited for his old friend to leave and gently pulled Tim back onto the full body pillow so he'd sleep in a more comfortable position before kissing him softly on the forehead and following his friend downstairs.

****************NCIS****************

Ducky sat opposite Jethro in the living room, he had a feeling there was something playing on his friends mind and decided to stay behind to try to make Jethro talk. He picked up the large cup of Earl Grey tea and drank quietly. He glanced up to see Jethro sitting on the large couch, somehow he had conceded and now had a lapful of Tim's dogs head as the large Alsatian stretched across the other two seats.

'Hey Duck. Tim and the baby really ok?'

Ducky sighed and wearily placed the cup in the small saucer he held. He remembered being extremely grateful when young Timothy bought the four small bone china tea cups and saucers for him to use when he visited, he really didn't like mugs very much.

'I won't lie to you Jethro, I'm going to be signing him off work, he probably won't return until his paternity leave is over'.

Jethro raised his eyebrow at Duck and cocked his head to the side, he had no idea Tim's health had taken such a drastic spiral downhill, and realised at that very moment, that he had paid less attention to the his lover over the past few month.

'Shit, Duck I didn't.......I've been too wrapped up in getting better to realise'.

'And Timothy wouldn't have it any other way Jethro. That's the problem you see, he's been so focussed on getting you better he didn't exactly take care of himself the way he should have done. For a start, he said his back has been getting bad for a fortnight or so, why didn't he come to me because I could at least have made him more comfortable'.

Jethro leaned back on the large couch and exhaled loudly, he was annoyed because of Tim's stupidity and wanted to go talk to him to find out why the hell he took his own health so lightly. Add that to Tim's behaviour towards Tony, hell that was going to be one long conversation.

'Duck, what exactly is the diagnosis here? I need to know, because I'd rather know what the hell to look out for'.

Ducky had just finished off his tea and stood to take his cup into the kitchen for a refill. He soon returned with a full cup and the jug from the coffee maker for Jethro.

Jethro glance up at his old friend bringing the refills and felt a sharp pang of worry. He took the jug and filled his own mug.

'Damn this can't be good if Duck's bringing out the full jug'

He sighed as the thought crossed his mind and sat back quietly in anticipation of Ducky's diagnosis.

'His back is extremely painful at the moment Jethro, you know what the cause of that is and unfortunately I can't do anything but treat the symptoms. He is currently twenty nine weeks pregnant and though the survival rate of a foetus this young is currently ninety percent, I would feel much happier with him carrying that child to term. Honestly? With all the stress he has been under these past few weeks, I'll admit to being pleasantly surprised that he hasn't actually gone into premature labour'.

Jethro nodded, he felt numb and looked up towards his dear old friend.

'Jethro, I don't want that boy moving out of bed for a few days, he needs to rest his back. Unfortunately that extends to using the bathroom. I'll be honest Jethro, he's made his back worse by not resting when needed and now the only thing we can do is treat the pain as best we can'.

Jethro sucked in a sharp breath and gazed at his old friend, he knew Tim would refuse point blank to use a bedpan and the embarrassment would kill him, even in front of his lover.

'He's not going to agree to that duck'

Ducky shook his head and removed his glasses so he could clean them on his handkerchief.

'I know Jethro, but if he is to give birth naturally, then he needs to help himself by resting now. The baby will change position soon enough which will provide a certain amount of relief but then we have the problem of the baby engaging. Once he engages the pressure in Tim's pelvis will cause him problems though it's a short term pain seeing as birth follows shortly after. I can make another suggestion though'.

Jethro looked over at his friend expectantly; he would do anything to ease his lover's pain.

'Massage my friend. Back rubs will help keep the muscles relaxed and loose, but don't use any scented oils because the majority of them are harmful to people with child'.

Jethro laughed loudly as he stood up and walked over to clap Ducky on the back.

'That I can do duck. Listen, I need to talk to you about what's going on at work. I hear DiNozzo's having a rough time of it recently'.

Ducky really wasn't surprised, at least he would have been if it had been anyone else but Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Sometimes he thought the man was psychic though his rational mind told him otherwise. Jethro walked back to the couch and sat down heavily.

'You know Jethro? No, I don't want to know how you found out whilst you are supposed to be on sick leave. But seeing as you already seem appraised on the situation, I will tell you what I know. Anthony came down to see me this afternoon after his little altercations with Timothy and Ziva'.

Ducky felt a wet nose nuzzle his hand and looked down to see Jethro nudging at his hand for some attention; he started to stroke the silky fur before continuing.

'I'm worried Jethro, Anthony's blood pressure is through the roof and I'm afraid his team mates are not making it any easier, he feels undermined in front of the BAU and the case is starting to get on top of him. Now he has assured me he will find time to try to relax, but feels that both Tim and Ziva hate him right now'.

Jethro had stood up mid way through Ducky's explanation and started to pace in front of the fireplace. He looked over at his friend and sighed heavily before sitting down, knowing full well that Ducky wouldn't continue with him pacing the way he was.

'Duck, Tim's in pain and by what you have been telling me he has been for weeks. I don't doubt it's one of the reasons for him snapping, but Ziva? I can't work that one out'.

Ducky watched his friend stand and walk towards the window, it was a clear night and the moon cast an eerie pale blue glow over the back yard.

'I don't know Jethro, though I have my suspicions. My first thought would be jealously, our young little Probationary agent likes to be in control and she finds it difficult to adjust to the lack of authority she had with the Mossad. It's no excuse Jethro and young Anthony has done very well with both the case and inter departmental relations in your absence'.

Jethro rubbed his hands over his face, god he felt exhausted and the news that both his partner and his probie had been causing Tony problems tore him in two, he stood wondering what the hell happened to his team and looked over at Ducky.

'Tony tell you exactly what happened?'

Ducky shook his head.

'No, he's too loyal for that. Sometimes I wonder about him Jethro, because he will do anything for his friends and when they hurt him, he just suffers in silence. Ach, would you look at the time. Jethro let Timothy sleep for a couple of hours and then wake him up to eat something, preferably something sweet. His blood sugar was slightly low an hour ago, but not enough to cause any concern'

Ducky stood and walked over to the coat rack beside the front door, out of habit he always made sure he took off not only his trilby hat and coat, but his shoes as well. He slipped his feet into the loafers and grabbed his coat and hat.

'Hey Duck, thanks'

Ducky smiled and donned his hat. The weather wasn't quite cold yet, but the nights had been getting steadily cooler as the summer swiftly changed to fall.

'you are very welcome Jethro, now I know you need to talk to Timothy about his behaviour but for now go easy on him because he has been quite civil up until today. I'll be talking to the director tomorrow and will fill out all the appropriate paperwork though I think the director may want to see him at one point'

Jethro opened the door and handed Ducky his bag, his curiosity was starting to peak and despite the late hour, he wanted to check his emails to see whether or not the Director had forwarded the profiles.

'Goodnight Jethro, try to get some sleep yourself my dear friend, you really should take the opportunity now because once that little one arrives............'.

Jethro chuckled and assured Ducky he would rest, he closed the door and walked up to the bedroom to check on Tim.

He wasn't surprised Tim was still asleep and grabbed his laptop off the dressing table, it had become a permanent fixture in the bedroom during his recover and he was thankful that Tim had the good sense to hook up a wireless network a week after he moved in.

He bent down and kissed Tim's forehead, it was cool so he unfolded the blanket that draped over the end of the bed and wrapped it around his lover's shoulders so Tim didn't get too cold. He walked down the stairs and sat down on the sofa with the laptop balancing on his knee, he logged on and noticed the file from the director, there was no message to with the attachment so he opened them up and sat back to read the profiles.

****************NCIS****************

A month and a half ago.................

'No Director, it's not good enough. You can't just come in here,and tell me my team are playing babysitter to the FBI'

Jethro watched as the toothpick bobbed from one side of the director'smouth to the other, the motion seemed to do nothing but piss him off even further and he found himself clenching his hands into fists to stop him punching that toothpick so far down his throat he'd be shitting splinters for a week. Vance's eyes narrowed slightly before he decided to take complete control of the situation.

'Special Agent Gibbs, last time I looked I was the Director of NCIS and if I say you are going to support the BAU team on the case they are working on then you will support them to the best of your abilities'.

Jethro caught Tony and Tim move towards their desks, there was miniscule sense of amusement when Tim tried to sidestep the showdown only to brush the directors side with his expanding bump, he looked up and saw a sea of unfamiliar faces but noticed a different look on his lover's face, recognition. Shit, he'd forgotten the fact that Tim had worked with these guys before. With a resigned sigh he clenched his teeth and growled out his reply.

'Yes sir'

He knew the words dripped with venom but at that precise point in time Jethro really didn't give a flying fuck, all he wanted to do was get out of there before he actually managed to get himself fired or worse, locked up for assaulting that smarmy son of a bitch director. Jethro turned and grabbed the coffee that he saw Tony drop on his desk and stormed off towards the elevator. He had no idea where he was going, but his gut was telling him to go somewhere quiet because there was one phone call he had to make at this point in the game.

Jethro walked out of the building and made his way over to the river, it was warm and sunny which helped when Jethro sat down on one of the benches that ran along the banks and pulled out his phone to dial his old friends number.

'Fornell'

Gibbs took a long swig of his coffee and crossed one leg over the other so he could rest his hand holding the coffee on his knee.

'Tobias, it's Gibbs.I need you to give me some intel on one your teams'

Jethro heard Fornell sigh on the other end and smiled slightly, it was a well known fact that the two men didn't really get on, of course it was all fabricated because they had been firm friends for a number of years.

'What do ya need Jethro'

'Try to sound a little bit more enthusiastic next time Tobias. We've just had the BAU sicced on us, I want to know what we're working with here because I don't want to have to worry about working with people I don't know'

Jethro laughed at the cursing on the other end of the line, Fornell was a good guy but Jethro knew he had to be rubbing him up the wrong way with his questions.

'Shit Jethro, we're in the middle of a case and you ring me for this? They're good people and their profiling has got me out of the crap on more than one occasion'.

Jethro slugged back the last of the his coffee,and watched as one of the small maintenance boats chugged across the water towards one of the ships docked there. He loved sitting here watching the world slowly pass by,but couldn't help the feeling of loss because his Timmy wasn't there.

'I need specifics; you'd do the same if I stuck you with NCIS agents for the foreseeable future'

Fornell huffed slightly before answering.

'Ok, Jethro I'm going to give you the short version so listen up. SSA Aaron Hotchner is the unit chief and a damn fine profiler. He's known to be a stuck up bastard but he gets the job done and is always thorough. He lost his wife recently and left SSA Derek Morgan in charge of the team for a while,whilst he took some time off to get his head together. Jethro it would be easier to send you their damn files'

Jethro sat there watching the crew of the maintenance boat board the ship and sighed loudly.

'Tobias I've got a briefing soon and want to be prepared so we're going to have to do it this way for now. I'll still want those files later'

'Ok, well let's see, Derek Morgan. He took over theteam in Hotch's absence and I've gotta say Jethro, the boy did well. He managed to lead the team through cases and got them solved no problems. He is confident and assertive which is one of the qualities that his team respect so much. Hell, he pinpointed my man in a case last year and actually diffused a bomb too, saved a lot of people'.

Jethro was silent as he sat there, he decided to head over to the coffee shop for another coffee. He stood carefully and threw the empty carton in the trash. There was one member he had been interested in.

'What about that young guy...er...Reid'

'Dr Spencer Reid. Shit the kids a damn genius. He graduated high school at twelve and had a few doctorates by the time he was nineteen. You know, he worked a case for three weeks with us and in that time he read 10 books, I swear I've never seen anything like it. He got a good memory too, not photographic......damn it begins with an E'

Gibbs smiled and for once knew exactly what his friend was trying to say, hell if truth be known, Tim had exactly the same kind of memory too.

'Eidetic Tobias'

'Yeah that's the one. He's damn brilliant but a bit timid for my liking. Anyway, Prentiss. She's ok and is close to Morgan. Strauss bought her in originally to try to bump Hotch from the team, but she refused and quit. I remember having a conversation with her about politics and she's a girl after your own heart Jethro, she hates them. Something to do with her mother being an Ambassador in the Ukraine'.

Jethro chuckled softly and knew he was going to like this girl, loyal with a hatred of red tape and the political bullshit that flew around, he'd like to talk to that one.

'That leaves SSA Jareau Tobias'

He heard his friend laugh at the end of the phone.

'No, that leaves JJ and Garcia. JJ is the media liason and from what I can make out she chooses the cases the team works on as well as liases with other FBI divisions and police departments. She's a good girl Jethro and is extremely close to Reid. To be honest she's probably the person who chose the case you're now on and spoke to the director about your co-operation. Finally, Garcia. You can't help but love her Jethro, she's a real character. Garcia is the technical analyst and very rarely leaves Quantico. Don't get McGee in a room with her, because they'll be there forever more. She's damn quirky too, last time I spoke to her she called me sweet cheeks. Oh and she's best friends with Morgan'

Jethro had decided against another coffee when he realised what time it was and started to walk back to NCIS headquarters, the briefing was due to start soon and he didn't want to be late.

'Thanks Tobias, I appreciate it. Listen give Emily a hug from me and McGee ok'

He showed his pass to the security at the door and walked into the building.

'Sure thing Jethro, Hey, how's McGee doing?'

'He's good. Vance has him on desk duty though, mainly because he's got an impressive bump going on. Apart from that everything's looking good. I can't wait for the baby but we've gotta lot of work to do'

Fornell howled with laughter on the other end before replying.

'I hear ya, you'll never be ready though you know that right?'

Fornell broke off suddenly and Jethro heard the muffled 'yeah ok' on the other end.

'Listen I've got to go, I've been summoned by the big boss. I'll come by later with the files ok'

'Yeah, no problem and Thanks, I appreciate your help'

Jethro waited for the obligatory goodbye and snapped his phone shut feeling better now he had some intel on the FBI team he would now be working with temporarily.

****************NCIS****************

Present time..........

Jethro sat back on the couch and sighed heavily at the files on screen, he had never been one for computers and preferred reading a good old fashioned piece of paper. He clicked print and waited for the team profiles to start spitting out on the wireless printer Tim insisted on buying. He smiled at the memory and had to admit Tim's argument of 'J, you have no idea where to plug the printer wire in, all you do is click the print button and it'll come off where ever you are in the house', had him sold on the sleek modern device.

He put the laptop on the coffee table and walked over to the printer to collect the paper and grab the other coffee pot that Ducky had the good sense to slip under the machine. He knew it was going to be a long night so decided to settle in the recliner by the window and pulled the lever for the foot plate. He picked up his mug and started to read:

Name: Ziva David

Position: Probationary Agent

Age: 30

- Lacks social skills though seems organised and strategic in her approach.

- Finds it difficult to adjust to her lower position at NCIS and seems to have some authority issues.

- Seems insulted to a degree at having her 'partner' lead the team and has so far shown no respect to his position so continues to undermine his authority.

- Her aggressive behaviour is a concern; she seems to assert herself through violence and scathing remarks that leaves the victims feeling inadequate and frightened.

- She is detached and doesn't seem to be aware of her teams feelings.

- Show's classic signs of narcissism.

In summary, Ziva David doesn't trust or respect her team and has shown nothing but contempt for Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo. She seems to thrive on being able to undermine people's authority which strains the team dynamics even more than it is already.

Her strength is in her work, it is meticulous though I feel the negatives may seriously out weight this in the long run. Her detachment and emotionless stance is a good asset to have with both unsub's and victims though this carries through completely to her daily working relationships and makes it difficult for other people to relate to her.

Her strategic abilities and organisation are a great strength when it comes to her work at NCIS but can make her seem manipulative at times when in the office with colleagues. She isn't aware of how uncomfortable she can make the people around her which in my opinion makes her a very dangerous and volatile person.

'Ah Ziva. What the fuck is going on with you?'

Jethro felt himself shrinking further into the recliner at the piss poor profile the probie of the team had received. If he were to be honest, some of the behaviours rang true but all in all the report was damning and he knew there was a hell of a lot of troubleshooting that would be needed to pull her out of the stinking, large hole she had dug herself into.

Jethro re-read the profile and sighed heavily, he had never known Ziva to act the way she seemed to have done recently and he struggled to get his head around the fact that she was being so volatile at the moment. His memory hovered on the evening Tony and Ziva had announced their relationship, hell he knew they weren't together anymore and it had been a shock to discover Tony was gay but there was really no reason at all for the level of animosity he knew about.

He pulled off the sheet off the top of the pile and pushed it to the back so he could read Tony's profile.

Name: Anthony DiNozzo

Position: Senior Field Agent

Age: 42

Uses humour as a means of escape.

- Acts like the office 'clown' and tries to bait his colleagues.

- Seems to take situations lightly though does show some respect and reverence when needed.

- Thorough in his work though does tend to work deadlines to the death and can be sloppy in the delivery when doing paperwork.

- Has good relationships with most of the team but recent events have put a huge strain on them.

- Likes to let his subordinates know what their position in the team is and uses nicknames to bait them.

- Has developed 'Gibbs' like qualities in his role as temporary team leader, he tends to take on traits of his manager that antagonises the team.

In summary, Anthony DiNozzo is a valuable member of the team and despite his recent problems whilst being team leader, he has shown himself in a different light all together.

He has tendencies to act like the court jester though I feel they are a mask to hide his true feelings and despite having his subordinates undermine his authority, he has managed to keep that mask firmly in place and the work he has done on the case has been excellent. He has a certain flair with interrogation and questioning and shows empathy when needed.

Jethro snorted, how could someone bullet all the bad points and then look at his strengths in the summary. Sure Tony could be a cocky son of a bitch at times but all in all he was a damn good agent. He had the feeling that there was going to be a hell of a lot of damage control to be done, especially seeing as these profiles had been emailed to him by Vance.

He put Tony's profile to the back of the pile and looked over the next one, his interest peaked when he saw it was Tim's.

Name: Timothy McGee

Position: Special Agent

Age: 33

- Analytical and methodical in his approach.

- Struggles with assertiveness and has a tendency to be nervous.

- He is seen to be the 'baby' of the team and can sometimes be seen to be being protected by his other team members.

- Seems to harbour a lot of pent up frustrations though this is no doubt linked to his current condition and the limitation that it has placed on him in the office.

- Can be highly strung at times and whilst he seems mild mannered can snap easily.

- His recent actions suggest he is trying to detach himself, he has become emotionally unstable and withdrawn, choosing only to be civil to people rather than engage in conversations.

In summary, I believe the majority of Agent Timothy McGee's issues are surrounding his current condition and the stress that has been caused by his partner being injured in the line of duty. His work hasn't suffered though I do feel as though his frustration at being on limited duty is evident.

He has always been completely analytical and methodical in his work and has always been thorough though sometimes it seems as though his mind focuses on certain tasks which makes it difficult for him to communicate effectively in the team.

I would like to commend Agent McGee on his ability to keep his home life separated from his work life and despite the fact that they are interlinked, the working relationship he has with his partner is excellent.

I have spoken to Dr Mallard and have expressed my concerns because I feel that his actions have been a result of stress as opposed to insubordination.

Jethro sighed heavily, he knew Tim had been under an immense amount of stress but it still didn't excuse the fact that his actions had hurt Tony and he worried that their friendship and working relationship had been damaged. He pushed this one to the back and resigned himself to having a little chat with his ailing partner.

The name at the top of the next profile put a smile on his face and he sat back nursing his coffee to read.

Name: Abby Sciuto

Position: Forensic Specialist

Age: 31

- Upbeat and talkative.

- Likes physical contact with her colleagues and tends to 'hug' a lot.

- Addicted to caffeine.

- Has strong work ethics though is often her own worst critic.

- Anthropomorphises her lab equipment.

- Very strong bond with Special Agent Gibbs' team, father/daughter relationship with Agent Gibbs.

- Gothic in style and plays her music loudly in the lab.

- Defensive and loyal - will stand up for her friends and colleagues.

In summary, Abby Sciuto is a very quirky young woman who is a huge asset to the team. She has the ability to make people feel welcome and comfortable around her though her style can sometimes portray a different picture to outsiders.

I have noticed certain quirks that could be problematic, she tends to enjoy working alone and her strong bond with Agent Gibbs' team can sometimes mean her concern over them can over shadow her work. I have noticed she will defend her team when necessary and is loyal to a fault.

I am concerned about the level of physical contact she has with her team though that could be explained by the deep bond she seems to share with them all.

The fact that she has named her lab equipment and seems to 'connect' with it in some way could be deemed worrying to some but my observations of the way in which she works don't concur with those opinions.

All in all, Miss Sciuto is an asset.

Jethro giggled quietly because Hotch really did seem to have Abby down to a T and he felt comfortable knowing that no matter how much damage control was needed, hers would be the one profile that needed no work.

He glanced over at the clock and sighed heavily, damn it was 0100 and he was starting to feel tired and his shoulder hurt like hell. He glanced over at the coffee table and gazed at his sling, he shouldn't have taken it off in the first place but he was only supposed to be relaxing, not having a full blown slanging match and helping move his lover around. He rubbed his face and leaned over to grab the laptop from the coffee table so he could send a quick email before turning in for the night.

To: Ziva David

From:Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Cc: Leon Vance

Bcc:

Subject: Disciplinary procedures

Ziva

I've just read a profile that the BAU put together and need to talk to you about your recent actions.

The profile has shown you in a poor light and had been forwarded to the Director. In lieu of this, I'm going to move forward with a disciplinary and need to arrange a meeting on my return to work.

I am deeply disappointed that it has come to this, but you need to realised your actions are unacceptable.

Senior Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs

NCIS

He clicked the send button and sighed heavily, he had to keep the email professional and if the truth be told, had he been in the office he would have pulled her into his 'office' and raked her ass over the coal. Hell he probably still would, this email was purely for the director to show he was dealing with the issues in a professional manner.

He stood up gingerly and made his way to bed.

****************NCIS****************

Tim woke up to the sunlight streaming through the open curtains of their bedroom, the angle of the sun told him they'd slept later than usual. He turned slightly and hissed as the muscles protested harshly against the movement. The loud hiss woke Jethro and was instantly propped up hovering over Tim.

'It's ok J, I...........sssss....fuck...........I need to go to the bathroom. Can you help'

Jethro reached over to the bedside cabinet and grabbed the urinal that he had been given when he left the hospital. He had been on complete bed rest at the time, so Ducky had managed to get one for him to use. He stood and walked round to Tim's side of the bed.

'No way J, absolutely not! I can make it to the bathroom, I just need hel.......'

Jethro raised his hand to stop Tim dead in his tracks.

'Dr's orders Timmy, you're stuck there for a couple of days to let your muscles heal. The only time you'll be getting up is to..you know...because as much as I love ya, that's something I won't clean up'.

Tim scowled and pulled the blankets back. Jethro watched with amazement as his lovers bump seemed to ripple gently with every movement their son made.

'He's active this morning'

Tim grunted and rolled onto his back. At this angle it was difficult for him to reach down with the urinal so Jethro slapped his hands away and helped him take care of business.

'I know he's active Jethro, he's currently playing merry hell with my internal organs. Shit, do you have any idea how embarrassing this actually is?'

Jethro chuckled and reached over to the box of tissues so he could dry Tim off.

'Yeah, if I recall I was in your position a few weeks ago so suck it up tough guy'

Tim muttered something under his breath and let Jethro roll him back onto his left hand side, it seemed to be the only position that held a modicum of comfort at the moment and for that Tim was grateful.

He heard his lover pour the contents down the toilet before washing it out and taking care of business himself. The fact that he was now bed ridded for a few days bothered Tim and he started to worry that this show of weakness would paint him in whole new light with Jethro and the Director.

'Hey, you ok?'

Jethro had returned to Tim's side of the bed and knelt down to see the look of sheer anguish on his lovers face.

'Yeah, just you know, this sucks J. I'm already under a microscope at work and everyone's waiting for me to drop the god damn ball all the time. As if being pregnant isn't hard enough, I gotta deal with being treated like I can't do my Job'

Jethro sat back on his heels and sighed heavily because from what he had heard, no one had mentioned Tim's pregnancy before Tony after the briefing.

'Tim, no one looks at you that way. Jesus, is that the reason why you've been acting like that? You know Tim, Tony's hurting right now because he thinks his team and his friends hate him'.

Tim started to sob again, damn hormones because on any other day he would be able to keep his emotions in check.

'I don't hate him J, I'm just sick of people walking on egg shells around me and I already told you I'd speak to him to apologise'

Jethro grabbed another tissue and wiped the tears from Tim's face.

'I know Tim but last night I was reading some profiles Hotch sent over to Vance and NCIS's name is shit at the moment. The fact that vance has em means you're gonna have to go in for a meeting at some point to talk to him'.

Tim sat up suddenly and screamed as the pain tore through every muscle in his back and travelled unmercifully down his leg. Jethro jumped up and held onto his lover until the spasms eased enough for him to gently lower Tim back down.

'Tim, for god sake would ya just stay still. Shit! I can't do anything about it because we're together and it has gone directly to the Director. I will tell you this though, your attitude has stunk recently but I understand why and that's what matters at the moment, that and getting you back up on your feet'.

Tim snorted and stared directly out of the large window.

'Damn it Tim look at me'.

Jethro put his hand on Tim's cheek and waited for the large green eyes to focus souly on him.

'Duck's signed you off sick until you paternity so you won't be working anyway, it's only a few weeks so don't worry about what people think right now. All you need to worry about is getting better and building a few bridges ok?'

Tim nodded and winced slightly.

'Duck'll be over this morning to give you a shot of that muscle relaxant so how about I go down and fix us some breakfast?'

Jethro waited for the almost silent 'ok' from his lover and leaned in for a kiss. He knew this argument wasn't closed yet but right now, Tim could do without the stress. He made his way down to the kitchen to make breakfast and let Jethro out into the backyard, he stood watching carefully through the open doors nursing a mug of coffee as waited patiently for the breakfast to cook, his mind flicked through all the evidence that had been presented and he knew that it was going to be a long couple of weeks.

****************NCIS****************

Derek woke up slowly and kept his eyes closed as his mind tried to pull through the fog of sleep. He opened his eyes and looked down at the messy bed head hair of his lover and grinned as he remembered the previous night. He had planned on making the night theirs and knew he had succeeded in comforting Tony as much as possible after the horrific day his lover had.

Derek tightened his grip on Tony as he shifted slightly in his sleep and he looked down listening to his lover's breathing as it changed slightly. He discovered early on that Tony was a big hugger and loved the physical contact in bed which was something Derek honestly didn't mind. His grin widened when Tony wrapped his leg round his own and pushed his foot underneath. They had already been sleeping about as close as they could and Tony had fallen asleep in his post coital haze with his head resting on Derek's shoulder and his arm wrapped tightly around his waist.

Tony was still deeply asleep and Derek watched as his beautiful Italian lover seemed to melt even further into him, it was times like this that he found himself truly thankful he had met Tony that night outside the nightclub and found his mind wander to that fateful night.

****************NCIS****************

Two months and three weeks ago................

Derek walked outside with Penelope and helped her into a cab, she was staying with a friend in DC for the night so he knew she didn't have far to go before she was home.

'Ok babygirl, I expect a phone call or a text message telling me you got home alright'.

Penelope giggled loudly and leaned in to peck him on the cheek.

'Sure sweet cheeks, right back at ya'

He huffed out a laugh and turned to the cab driver.

'I got your number so you better take care of my girl here ok?'

He reached over and handed the driver a twenty before closing the cab door and waving his best friend off when the cab pulled away from the curb. He knew deep down she'd be ok but had felt doubly protective of her after she had been shot at work, probably down to the fact that out of all of them, she was the one person that hadn't deserved to get hurt and he wanted to make sure that Penelope didn't have to go through that level of pain and suffering again.

Derek turned but wasn't paying any attention to where he was going and barged straight into a tall, dark, handsome man.

'Crap, I'm sorry. You ok?'

The man snorted a sarcastic laugh and nodded his head.

'Yeah, well physically anyway. Not too sure how I feel about my girl locking lips with her girlfriend in there though'

Derek shook his head with disbelief and held out his hand.

'That's rough, hey I'm Derek Morgan'

The tall Adonis took his hand and shook it firmly.

'Tony DiNozzo. Guess I better hail a cab because Ziva's gonna be staying behind with her plaything'.

He watched as Tony ran his hands through his hair and felt instantly attracted to the guy despite the fact that Tony had pretty much told him he was straight. He leaned forward to try to hear what Tony was muttering under his breath.

'Probably for the better though seeing as I've finally realised women aren't what I want'

Derek laughed loudly but stopped at the hurt, puppydog hazel eyes that glared back at him.

'Sorry, it's just that..........I'm from Quantico so I'm staying at the Mayflower so how bout we go and grab coffee there, it's not far'

Tony looked into Derek's dark, warm eyes and nodded. He had no idea why he agreed but was starting to feel the attraction tugging at every fibre in his body.

'Sure, that'll be good, you wanna grab a cab or walk?'

Derek turned and whistled loudly to hail a cab and grinned widely at his new friend, that infectious grin made Tony laugh loudly as he looked over at the look on Derek's face, his laughs rang loud and he struggled to choke out his reply though his giggles.

'Cab it is then'

They both got into the cab chuckling together, neither man realising exactly how easy it was for them to chat as they made their way to the hotel.

****************NCIS****************

Tony and Derek had been sat in the bar for the better part of two hours talking, they had both fallen into the conversation with complete ease and the pure animal magnetism flowed between like arch's of electricity.

Derek decided to grab the bull by the horns and leaned over, he figured it was make or break and seriously, what was the worst that could happen?, Tony would reject him, hell, after the vibes he'd been getting, he highly doubted that. He leaned in even further and exhaled slightly before moving in to kiss Tony's soft, sweet lips. At first there was no response and his new friend sat stock still.

Seconds passed and Derek felt those wonderful, delicious lips part and soon found himself in a heated make out session in the middle of the bar. He pulled away panting, shit had this guy really just kissed him to the point he forgot to breath?

'Damn Tony, you want to come up to my room?'

He let his eyes wander over every inch of Tony's body and finally lingered on Tony's sexy green eyes, watching them completely dilate with pure arousal. Derek stood up and grabbed Tony's hand before heading towards the elevators with a deep ache in his rapidly hardening cock.

'Derek........er........'

'What's the matter babyboy, you do want this right?'

Tony felt his face flush and giggled nervously.

'Hell yeah, I was just wondering....er...Shit! Have you got anything?'

Derek's laugh boomed through the quiet lobby and he wrapped his arms around Tony's waist to pull him closer so he could whisper in his ear.

'I'm fully stocked Tony, so how bout we go and have some fun'.

Tony felt Derek's hand slowly move down to cup his throbbing erection, he always hated being hard in trousers and realised he wanted nothing more at that moment but to be naked with this Adonis of a man buried hilt deep inside of him.

'God I want you right now Derek'.

The elevator doors opened and Tony felt himself being pushed inside towards the rear wall forcefully. Derek punched the button for the fifth floor. The two new lovers pretty much kissed theirway to the room, their lips becoming more and more swollen and debauched as they made their way into the suite.

Tony heard the door close behind them and pulled away long enough to look around the room. He grinned at the large double bed and shrugged out of his jacket whilst Derek closed the curtains.

'Don't want an audience Derek?'

Derek turned and growled, In the short space of time he had taken to close the curtains, Tony had managed to remove his light weight Jacket and stood there with his shirt completely unbuttoned showing off his perfectly formed, tanned torso. Derek's cock twitched and he growled wildly at the sight of this perfect man standing in front of him.

Tony slowly walked over to the bed and sat down seductively.

'What are you waiting for Derek? Come here and fuck me!'

Derek practically ran round to the side of the bed Tony had claimed and pushed him down roughly, his hands unrelenting as they explored every inch of that deliciously naked torso. Tony panted into Derek's mouth when he felt his nipples being tweaked roughly.

'D, too many clothes............off!'

He fisted Derek's t-shirt before grabbing hungrily at the hem and swiftly pulling it over Derek's muscular, lean body.

'Impatient are we Tony?'

Tony huffed and reached down to start unbuttoning his conquest's jeans and let his teeth graze Derek's bottom lip. It wasn't long before he had those damn jeans off, the motion of pulling them down over that silky mocha backside taking the boxers with them. All of a sudden he felt over dressed gasped when Derek pulled away and yanked him up to stand at the side of the bed. He couldn't help but look down at his bed partners huge cock and felt unbelievably turned on when Derek kicked his feet out of his shoes and stepped out of the jeans gracefully, leaving him standing there completely naked.

'You too babyboy'

Derek slid the black shirt down over Tony's arms and caressed every inch of the Italians body on his way down to the tight blue jeans. He could already make out the bulge as Tony's hard erection tried fruitlessly to tent the tight denim. He chuckled slightly and undid Tony's belt before making quick work of the jeans, pushing them down over the perfect hips. He gasped when that caged cock sprang out at him and pushed Tony down roughly on the bed so he could finally free his conquest of all his clothes.

They were both naked at long last! The pure heat rolling off their bodies at that moment made the lust explode between them and they soon found themselves making out roughly on the large bed, their limbs tangling and their cocks rubbing together in perfect harmony. It wasn't long before Tony felt Derek shift downwards and gasped when he felt Derek's tongue lap at the pre-come that was dripping out of the head of his hard shaft.

Tony let one of his hands rest on top of Derek's head and he soon found himself in pure heaven when Derek swallowed him down in one swift movement, the deep throat action slowly driving Tony down into oblivion.

Derek had this down to a T and Tony felt him slowly move back up with the right amount of suction and a teasing swirl of the tongue at the tip, it was enough to bring Tony completely to the edge but not enough to throw him over.........damn it was driving him wild!

He let Derek move his legs so his feet lay flat on the bed and felt a slick finger slowly push through the tight ring of muscle. Between the finger action and the blow job, Tony seriously wondered how long he was going to last, he didn't have to worry though because Derek seemed to know exactly how to keep him hovering on that precipice and managed to avoid Tony's sweet spot in order to stop him from coming.

It was Ten agonising minutes later when Tony felt Derek's three fingers pull out of him and Derek's sweet warm mouth leave his cock. The pang of regret that ran through Tony was harsh and he found himself whimpering loudly at the lost. Derek giggled at the sound and climbed up to nip at Tony's lips as he lined up and slowly pushed his way inside, pausing momentarily to let the prepared ring of muscle relax fully so he could finally drive home. He paused for a minute to let Tony adjust to his huge, thick erection and slowly nipped at the side of his lover's long neck.

'Shit D.........Oh my god............Move already!'

Tony's cried when Derek moved out slowly before slamming back in with brute force, this wasn't the night for making love, this was pure animal sex and something that the two men desperately needed. Derek pushed himself up on his arms to adjust the angle and pounded into Tony, their bodies moving so quickly that the slapping sound of skin on skin rang loudly through the room. He knew he'd got the right position when Tony screamed out loudly.

'Fuck D.......Shit don't stop..........I'm gonna............Arggghhh'.

Derek felt Tony cum violently, his hot seed splashing his stomach as he continued to pound into Tony. It wasn't long before Tony's spasming muscles pulled him over the edge and he felt himself cum explosively inside Tony.

Derek Pulled out of Tony slowly and groaned as painful aftershocks shot through his softening cock, he carefully rolled to the side and pulled off the abused condom before tying it and throwing it in the trash can at the side of the bed.

'Wow........that was........just..........wow!'

Derek laughed loudly at Tony's effort at speech and got up to get a washcloth from the bathroom to clean them both up, he knew the moment he walked in and saw this completely debauched, sleepy man in his bed that this was the person he wanted to settle down with and made the decision to woo him as much as he could.

'Tony, stay?'

Tony chuckled and heaved himself up on his elbows.

'I'm not going anywhere D, just wake me up for breakfast in the morning'

****************NCIS****************

Present day............

The memory of that first night had always made Derek feel lucky and he sighed slightly as Tony's moved, pulling him out of his reverie. He glanced down to see those handsome green eye's he had fallen in love with peering up at him.

'Hey babyboy, how're you feeling this morning?'

Tony groaned and tried burying his face deeper into Derek's shoulder. Derek pulled him in closer and kissed the top of his head lovingly.

'Crap, it can't be morning all ready. You know, I just can't help wondering what shit will come my way today'

Derek chuckled and turned onto his side slightly.

'Well if it makes you feel any better, you've got more people on your side then you think'

Tony raised his head and looked up at him questioningly because if the past few weeks were anything to go by, the only person who seemed to have his six was the man who was currently cradling him in his strong arms.

'You know how I went down to the labs yesterday to give Abb's the evidence, well Ziva stomped past me like a bat out of hell and I seemed to walk into to a seriously pissed off Abby Sciuto'

Tony couldn't help but laugh and knew exactly what kind of reception Ziva would have got down at the lab seeing as he had spent many nights when Derek was at Quantico crying on her Abby's shoulder.

'Yeah? What did my Goth have to say for herself?'

Derek's hand had started rubbing circles on Tony's back, the motion soothing every on edge nerve in the Italians body.

'In a nutshell, I better watch my back. You know she can kill me........'

'Without leaving a trace of evidence, you better watch your back honey because Abby's got my six in the biggest way and I don't want to have to hurt her for killing my partner'

Derek giggled loudly and disentangled himself from Tony so he could get up.

'Don't worry babyboy, we had a little heart to heart and I think I've managed to win her over'

Tony burrowed deeper into the covers and chuckled lightly.

'With a smile like that you'd win anyone over'

That comment earned Tony a sharp swat on the ass as Derek walked by and the loud 'Hey!' was enough to send him spiralling into a fit of the giggles as he moved towards the door.

'I'm going to go make us coffee baby, I'll see you downstairs'

****************NCIS****************

Woah, this one is a long one. I thought I'd leave you all on a happy note with this one with a hotflashback of Tony and Derek's meeting.

Hope you all enjoyed and I'm really sorry for making you all wait so long.

The next chapter is all Alisa's, she had a fantastic idea so worked with it, I know for a fact she's been working really hard to get it ready so it shouldn't be too long before the next posting.

Don't forget to let us know what you think

Shelbylou and Alisa x