- Text Size +
Tim was thrown out of his nightmare and woke to find Jethro hovering over him looking worried. It had been a while since he had nightmares, but the events of the past few weeks and his growing worry about the birth had been pushing his stress levels through the roof. He lay there with a cold sweat covering his skin and tried to calm his breathing down.

"Timmy, hey, you ok?" Jethro's face appeared in his line of sight and he cringed slightly internally at the look of sheer concern on it.

Tim nodded and held out his hand to his lover, he was at the stage now, that short of rolling off the bed, there was no way his enormous bump would let him sit up unaided. Jethro stood up and grabbed Tim's hand to make short work of pulling him into a sitting position. Tim groaned at the pull in his back and pulled Jethro down into a bone shattering hug.

"You want to tell me what's going on, what were you dreaming about?"

"This one was about the birth, I had a dream that he.....Jesus, I can't do this J, I can't......there's no way he's going to fit through there."

Jethro laughed and thought back to their last doctor's appointment where they had put the birth plan in place. Tim had opted for the natural birth and they had already set down the plans that were soon going to be actioned. He had the birth plan memorised and was busy running through it in his mind as he held Tim firmly. No matter what, after the months of his lover carrying his child, he was going to stick to that plan and make sure Tim got all the support and love he needed to get him through it.

Birth plan for Timothy McGee

Tim is 33 and pregnant with his first baby. He plans to give birth in hospital and a very succinct birth plan wanting to stick to the things that are most important for him. He has opted for a natural birth with C-section only being an option if absolutely necessary.

Birth companion/s

Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Partner and medical proxy)

Dr. Donald Mallard (Physician)

Pain relief
Relaxation and breathing techniques for as long as possible. Birthing pool, though not for the delivery; Gas and air, pethidine and a Tens machine. No epidural unless needed.

Monitoring
Intermittent monitoring -- not continuous electronic monitoring if at all possible.

Interventions
As few as possible â€" he doesn't want forceps or suction cup unless absolutely necessary.

Delivery positions
On all fours or on back with stirrups.

Other notes
This birth plan is not meant to be rigid and Tim is happy to change it with discussion, if any issues occur in labour. Tim has also specified soft Jazz music to be played throughout to help with relaxation and has specified the following tools:

Bath/Birthing pool

Labouring Ball

Stereo

Patient is aware of the possibility of needing an enema and has signed the consent forms for medical interference if needed. There will be a medical presence in the room in the form of a midwife and a doctor given the high risks that accompany male pregnancies.

Those conditions had been burnt into Jethro's mind and he vowed that whatever Tim wanted, Tim would get given the fact that he had painstakingly carried his child all these months.

Tim pulled away and glanced over at the clock, it read 6am and he huffed out a sarcastic laugh.

"How's that for an alarm clock J. You wanna help your heffa boyfriend into the shower?"

Jethro swatted Tim lightly on the back of the head and stood to help Tim out of bed.

"Heffa my ass Tim. Come on, there's still enough room for two in there."

He giggled at the mumbled 'just about' and led his stiff, sore lover to the bathroom. They were both soon enjoying the feel of a lazy morning shower together and Tim leaned forward with both arms folded on the tiles so he could rest his head. Jethro reached over and squirted shower gel into his hand and used it to slowly massage Tim's back eliciting a groan of sheer pleasure out of him.

"You feel ok today Timmy?"

"No worse than I have been. Just stiff and sore and you're son is trying push my internal organs out of the way to make room in there. Apart from that, I'm peachy."

Jethro shook his head and frowned, Tim's tone was light but he knew how uncomfortable his lover had been feeling recently and that fact disturbed him.

"Not much longer now Tim and you'll soon be back to normal."

"Yeah, I know. The problem is, it's the transition in-between that has me worried."

Jethro wrapped his arms around Tim and kissed Tim on the shoulder.

"There's always another option Timmy."

"No J, not unless I take 6 weeks to recover. I now it's coming and I'm excited. The birth just scares the shit out of me a little bit."

"We'll get through it Timmy, you've got me there and I'll do what I can to make you comfortable ok? Come on, we're pruning and I need a coffee."

****************NCIS****************

Tim and Jethro were sat in the kitchen ten minutes later eating breakfast. Recently Tim had discovered a god awful craving for cereal and a glass of milk in the mornings which had amused Jethro no end.

"Daddy's reverting back to childhood I see."

"May as well make the most of it because after this one's born, it's back to the diet for me. You know how hard it's going to be to shift this don't you?"

Jethro chuckled to himself and moved behind Tim to start massaging his shoulders. The problem Tim had, was the fact that he spent a good amount of time before the pregnancy trying to lose that little bit of excess weight he had always carried and he'd succeeded. Tim was lucky in a way, and whilst packing a few extra pregnancy pounds, most of the excess weight was around the vast bump his partner was now sporting.

"Mmm, that's nice."

"I know it's going to be hard Tim and I know you're scared, but no matter what I love you and as long as you are both healthy then that's all that matters."

He followed his comment with a patented head slap and stepped away to grab his coffee from the counter.

"Ow. J, what the hell?"

"That's for thinking you're fat and for being stu..." He was interrupted by his phone ringing.

"Yeah Gibbs."

"Gibbs, it's Director Vance. I need you to come see me when you get in."

"There a problem Leon?"

"I need to discuss Ziva and McGee's attitudes with you before she comes in."

"Ok, I'll be there."

He snapped the phone shut and looked over at Tim with a solemn look on his face.

"You ok J?"

"Yeah, Vance wants me to meet him this morning to discuss you and Ziva." He watched as Tim's face fell and walked over to crouch down in front of him.

"It'll be ok Tim, he can't go overboard with the punishment and yours will be a walk in the park compared to Ziva's."

Tim nodded and stood up slowly with a wince.

"I know J. Hey listen. Do you mind if I go see my parents today. I haven't seen them in a while and want to see them before..."

"Just be careful ok?" He waited for the nod and kissed Tim chastely on the lips before heading out of the door to work, leaving Tim sitting there grinning broadly at the prospect of getting to see his family. He always worried about Tim driving recently but thanked his lucky stars that Tim was currently driving something safer and more comfortable than his Porsche having conceding to buying something more suitable for families........The Porsche was still parked in the garage though because even Jethro had to admit to loving the feel of driving that baby.

****************NCIS****************

Gibb's walked into the bullpen and dumped his bag on the floor next to his desk. It was weird knowing that there wouldn't be anyone inhabiting the desks around him and it was eerily silent in his part of the office. He looked over at Tim's desk and smiled briefly and the thought of his lover at home carrying his child. He was pulled out of his reverie by the director's voice floating down from the balcony above.

"Agent Gibbs, I expect you in my office in 10 minutes. Make sure you read your emails."

Gibbs sighed heavily and booted up his computer. It didn't take him long to realise why the director was so keen to speak to him and he sat back sighing heavily. There was obviously something going on with Ziva given Tim's reactions to him being so damn stubborn. What he couldn't figure out was exactly what it was and that bothered him. Clicking print, he waited before collecting the document and walking up to the director's office.

"Leon." He greeted the director with a sharp nod of his head.

"Jethro sit down. We have a lot to discuss." Jethro sat in one the large office chairs and placed the email in front of him.

"I see you've read our little complaint."

"Yeah, and I don't know what we can do about Leon."

"I've got an idea, but I need to talk to you about Agent McGee first."

Jethro felt his walls shoot up around him and had to fight to keep his hackles from rising. It was one thing he knew was coming and early on in their relationship, Tim and Jethro had vowed to keep their relationship out of the office. Granted it had been difficult the past few months with Tim being pregnant, but it hadn't ever been an issue before and truth be told, it wasn't too much of an issue early on in the pregnancy.

"Go on."

"I understand that whilst his actions were mild in comparison, I still feel I need to reprimand him."

Jethro nodded sadly and waited for the director to continue.

"I don't think he needs any more pressure at the moment, so I'm not going to call him in but I am going to write him up and knock him back to probationary agent for three months upon his return after paternity leave."

"That's a bit harsh Leon, he..."

"Disrespected his senior agent in front of another agency. I think that in itself merits a write up. The fact that we are currently down another field agent because he had a minor breakdown over the attitudes of his colleagues serves to act as a reason why the punishment stands as it does."

Jethro couldn't argue with that, though he knew Tim would take the news badly.

"Ok, I'll give you that one Leon, but do me a favour and hold off callin' him until I get the opportunity to speak to him myself."

"Wasn't planning on calling him Gibbs, He'll get an official letter and a date for a meeting on the first day of his return to work. The letter won't arrive for a couple more days which gives you ample time to talk to him about it all."

Gibbs nodded, there was really nothing he could say without sounding biased so sat and listened like the good little lemming the director wanted him to be. He didn't like it, but then again neither would Tim. All they had to do was sit and ride out the torrid 3 months of being probationary agent and hope that Tony wouldn'trazz Tim too much.

"Ok, I'll talk to him but you have to be available if he wants to discuss it with you. Don't dismiss him because he's off work sick."

"Paternity Gibbs."

"Doesn't start for a month or so. Right now he's signed off on sick leave."

The director looked slightly abashed at being corrected by his insubordinate and nodded curtly. There really was no point in arguing the point seeing as Gibbs was right and all he had to do was pull Tim's personnel file to see that.

"Right; Probationary Agent Ziva David. As you can see we have an issue with email that was sent by SSA Derek Morgan, though I'm going to admit to being confused as to why an FBI agent seems fit to issue a complaint like this one."

Gibbs new damn well why Derek had done what he had done but it wasn't his place to be divulging that kind of personal information. So he kept quiet and reached over to pick up the email. He started to read it again having only briefly flicked through and scowled hard at what he saw.

To: Leon Vance; Leroy Jethro Gibbs

CC:

BCC: Aaron Hotchner; Erin Strauss

From: Derek Morgan

Subject: Grievance

Director Vance

I would like to file an official grievance about the treatment of Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo. It has come to my attention over the past few months that Agent DiNozzo has been met with nothing but contempt from his team mates.

There are separate issues that need to be addressed, the main one being the complete disregard for the temporary status Agent DiNozzo had been granted in absence of his team leader. I am appalled to have witnessed the event that took place between Probationary Agent Ziva David and Special Agent DiNozzo and feel as though the whole debacle has left a stain on the relationships between the two agencies.

It has not painted NCIS in a good light which has served to do nothing but add increasing pressure to a case that is already stressful enough and without the much needed resources, will continue to be highly stressful.

I would like to say, that the events that have already been outlined in previous conversations cannot be ignored and have resulted in the Agent DiNozzo's slight Mental breakdown and a loss in confidence that we cannot afford to lose right now. In short, the complete disrespect that has been shown by Probationary Agent David was escalated by the violent outburst she had in the men's bathroom and I would appreciate it if you would look into this matter.

I have sent copies of this email to both my Section chief and Director Strauss who will contact you in due course.

Yours

Supervisory Special Agent Derek Morgan.

FBI

Gibbs huffed out the breath that he wasn't even aware he was holding and glanced up towards the director.

"This isn't good Leon, it's gone to Strauss."

"That I know Gibbs and have already been on the phone discussing the options we have. She has agreed to let us continue to work with them on this case and we seriously need to use this as an opportunity to really shine and get our reputation back on track. Now we have Ziva on suspension, I believe you and Tony can take the slack and rein it in. I'll have a TAD assigned to do the donkey work for you both so you can both concentrate on solving the case."

"So this has turned into an ego stroking session for the FBI?"

"No, it's turned into a damage control exercise because we fucked up Gibbs." Leon's angry voice filled the room.

"Ok, so where do we go from here?"

"I'm putting Ziva on 3 months suspension without pay and some sessions with the agency therapies. I'm also suggesting she follow some kind of anger management programme. She will also get an official reprimand in her file as will Agent McGee, though McGee's will only be on there for a year and Ziva's will be permanent."

"Must be bad to get a permanent black mark."

"It is bad Agent Gibbs, don't underestimate the damage that has been done here. This whole shitty situation has had a knock on effect that threatens to topple our status as one of the best crime fighting agencies out there and I have to be seen to be doing something. I'd appreciate it if you could talk to Agent David and arrange for a meeting between the three of us to discuss her actions."

Gibbs nodded his understanding and let his thoughts trail back to the profiles that Agent Hotchner had done on his team. They hadn't been good, and that teamed with the problems now had made NCIS look like fools.

"Understood. Is there anything else?"

"No, that's all." Vance waited for Jethro to get to the door "Oh, there is one other thing. How's Tim doing?"

"Do you really care Leon, let's not pretend you give a shit when you are against his lifestyle and the fact that he is pregnant."

"Let's just say my wife helped me be a bit more understanding of the matter. You didn't answer my question."

Gibbs huffed out a sarcastic laugh and rubbed his hand across his face.

"He's ok, just nervous about the birth and this has got him rattled. Emotionally he's up and down because of the hormones and his back gives him grief on a daily basis. He's bored shitless with being at home all day and can't do the simple things because of the strain it might put on him."

Vance laughed loudly; he remembered every single part of his wife's pregnancies that Jethro had just explained.

"So all in all, the pregnancies going well, my wife had exactly the same issues going on at that stage, but say's it's all worth it in the end."

"He knows that, doesn't make it any easier on him now."

"No it doesn't, but you can assure him that it's all worth it when you get to hold that little one in your arms for the first time. I've got some calls that I need to make so if you'll excuse me."

Gibbs nodded and made his way to his desk to ring Ziva and organise a meeting.

****************NCIS****************

Jethro walked down the stairs into the bullpen wondering how the hell he was going to broach the subject with Ziva. He knew it had to be done, but the fact that she was a prickly character at the best of times just made it difficult. He remembered the evidence that Abby was working through and decided to go down and see her before making that dreaded call. He strode over to the elevator and pushed the call button waiting patiently for it to arrive, there was one stop he had to make first and even he had to admit, the caffeine injection from his favourite coffee shop would be welcome right about now.

He walked out of the building and turned to walk down the street, smiling slightly, he thought back to Tim and realised, that in the grand scheme of things, the last of his lovers worries would be a write up and being busted back for a few months, hell, with the baby coming Tim's time would be pretty much taken up by their son........their son, he liked the sound of that.

****************NCIS****************

Jethro walked into the lab carrying two coffees and a large Cafpow for Abby. He smiled at the low level of the music and watched intently as Abby and Penelope Garcia hunched over the workspace talking animatedly about something that was obviously not work related.

"....so here I am, helping you guys out and picking up the slack for Tim whilst he's out. It's hard because I'm currently answering to two agencies and trying to work on the cases that come along."

"I hope you get the recognition you deserve Pen, it's not easy filling in for someone."

Jethro hear Garcia chuckle slightly.

"Nope, but my babies always take care of me and I've got you to keep me sane here Goth girl."

This time it was Abby's turn to laugh.

"And I'll always be here too. Hey, what do you think to this? It's too cute."

"Perfect. Abby, we need to do the games."

"Yay games. I love the games that are out there. Ooh Ooh, I've got the perfect one but we need pictures of everyone as a baby to play."

"That sounds interesting, do tell."

"We hold out the pictures for everyone to see and they have to guess who the baby is. It's fun and a good laugh because everyone gets talking about that particular baby shot. There are usually some embarrassing ones in there too."

Laughter rang through the lab as they discussed their devious little plan.

"Ok, I'll give you that one. What about the diaper game. We split the guests into teams and they have a small amount of time to put a diaper on their selected team mate. It's good fun, what with the 1 minute time limit, it's interesting to see how everyone fares."

"I like that one. Ooh can you imagine Gibbs in a diaper."

The giggles were too much so he silently moved behind the two of them to see what they were up to. Spread around on the work surface, were various blue items and decorations for a baby shower and he cringed, it was one thing for these two to be excited, but another to foist a party on Tim.

"Keep imagining Abbs, because it's never going to happen."

Abby almost leapt a foot out of her chair at his voice but her shock was short lived when she realised he was back. She stood up and wrapped her arms around him in a bone breaking hug not paying attention to the drinks that Garcia had just rescued from his hands.

"Abbs, need to breath."

"Sorry Gibbs. How's Timmy? I need to go see him but haven't been able to get away recently."

"He's doing good, having nightmares about the birth and his back's still playing up but apart from that he's ok. Said the baby's going to be a soccer player given the amount of kicks he's been gettin'."

Abby bounced with delight, she loved the fact that there would soon be a new addition to the brood and her excitement was almost infectious.

"I will say though Abbs, a baby shower probably isn't the best idea right about now so how 'bout we hold off."

Her face fell, it was one thing that she really wanted to do for them seeing as the past few weeks had been stressful and it hurt slightly that Jethro had basically rained on her parade.

"No way! After all the stress, this is exactly what everyone needs and Timmy's not going to be pregnant forever so we need to do this now."

"How do you know we're gonna stop at one." Jethro couldn't help the small smile.

"It's his first Gibbs, we're doing this and there's nothing you can do to stop us."

"She's right Gibbs, come on what harm can it do." Garcia couldn't hold back any longer, she loved Tim and was enjoying every minute or organising something for him.

"Ok, Ok. Jesus, you two don't give up do ya. Just nothing over the top. Keep it simple."

Abby's indignant pose soon melted away leaving her bouncing around happily. Jethro reached round her and grabbed the Cafpow and one of the coffees and handed them over to both of the ladies.

"Thanks. How did you know Garcia was down here?....No, I don't want to know, it'll ruin the magic that surrounds you."

Jethro was getting inpatient, there was something else he needed to do right now and felt better knowing that his girl was more than ok.

"Abbs, I've gotta go ok. Don't spend too much time on this. Garcia, thanks for stepping up to the plate and helpin' with Tim's side of things, surprising how lost we are without our Geek in the office."

That comment landed him a hard punch on his arm from Abby and he reached round to grab his coffee before he turned to walk out of the lab to make that dreaded phone call.

"Gibbs, Gibbs." Jethro stopped and turned round to look at Abbs.

"You know the shower's at your place don't you."

"Yeah Abbs, I know."

With that, he walked out with a huge grin on his face. No matter what, he could always rely on his Goth to make him smile, though that smile soon faded at the thought of what he had to do next.

Damn it Ziva, why do you have to make it so hard.