- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi guys

We're really, really sorry for the looooong delay in updating and haven't given up on the story. We hope you stick with us and ask for your patience.

PS - Please don't Gibbs smack us...
Jethro woke up slowly still spooned up against Tim. His knee was covering the leg that wasn't draped over the full body pillow and one arm was resting over his lover's side on the vast bump. He nestled his nose into the base of Tim's neck and sighed happily knowing that no matter what, he had exactly what he needed right here...his life partner and his son.

He glanced up over Tim's shoulder and looked at the clock on the nightstand; 0530, there was no way Jethro was getting up at this time on a Saturday morning and decided to snuggle until he felt ready to get up.

"J? You alright?" Tim's sleep muffled voice made Jethro grin; he loved it when Tim was all sleep mussed and relaxed.

"Yeah. Sorry, didn't mean to wake you."

"S'ok." Tim snuffled slightly and drifted back off to sleep. Jethro let his partners rhythmic breathing sooth him and soon fell into a peaceful, comfortable sleep wrapped around the person that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

****************NCIS****************

Ducky stood at Jethro and Tim's front door knocking loudly. He'd been standing there for the better part of twenty minutes and frowned when he got no answer; sure he was early, but the fact that it was now 11.45 and there was no answer from his friends concerned him. He put down his bag and pulled out his cell phone to ring Jethro.

"Yeah, Gibbs." Jethro sounded as if he'd only just woken up when he answered and it struck ducky that he might have just woken his friend up.

"Jethro. I apologise for waking you, my friend but it's a quarter to twelve and I believe I was going to keep Timothy company whilst you ran you errands."

"What?...Oh shit." Ducky heard the rustle of material and Tim's sleep laden voice question his lover. "It's alright, Timmy. We slept in and it's nearly twelve...Jesus, Duck I can't believe we slept in this late. I'll be down in a minute."

"No rush. I have coffee and lunch for us all, though I think you may prefer something from the breakfast menu seeing as you have just woken up." Ducky chuckled warmly into his phone. "And by coffee, I should probably say I have gotten Timothy a decaf mocha that he seems so fond of recently. That is, when he's not drinking his tea."

"He'll appreciate that Duck. I'm at the door now."

Ducky heard the line go dead just before the door was unlocked and opened to reveal his sleep rumpled friend standing there with the worst bed head he had ever seen. With a grin, Ducky made his way into the house and headed towards the kitchen. Jethro followed with a yawn and settled himself down in one of the kitchen chairs.

"I see you slept well. I do hope you didn't keep that young man up last night, Jethro. He was supposed to be resting." Ducky chastised lightly as he passed Jethro his large, strong black coffee.

"We did. He went to sleep when you left but got up to get some water and something to eat a couple of hours later. We went to bed straight after and must have slept for longer than I thought."

"So it seems. I take it Timothy is awake?"

"I'm up, Ducky." Tim walked stiffly into the kitchen holding his back; something that made both the older men winch and frown with sympathy.

"Good morning, Timothy. I see your back is still bothering you."

"Not really. I think I just slept in the same position all night and I'm a bit stiff." Tim made his way over to Jethro and tried to lean down. "Damn...You need to come to me, J."

Jethro stood up and gave Tim a good morning kiss before moving behind him and gently massaging his back. Tim groaned when one of the knots released.

"How is that even possible? It was relaxed when we went back to bed."

"Yeah, and the extra weight I'm carrying up front has done nothing for the curve of my spine. Seriously, it's the new posture that is killing me right about now."

Jethro had to admit that as the months had gone on, Tim's spine had curved to accommodate the ever growing bump and the extra stress on his vertebrae was making the muscles tense painfully to support the extra weight.

"Timothy, why don't you wear the pregnancy girdle any more. There was a time when you wouldn't go without it but recently..."

"I haven't really been out much to wear it and when I went out yesterday, I guess I forgot." Tim shrugged his shoulders and looked sheepish at his answer. "I'm paying for it now though."

"Then why in the world haven't you got it on...and don't deny the fact, young man. The way you are carrying yourself is a give away to the fact that there is no extra support."

"Duck, come on he's just got up. Tell you what, you get the lunch...breakfast, whatever, set out and I'll take my stubborn boyfriend upstairs to help him put it on."

"J, I don't nee..."

"Yeah, you do." Jethro guided Tim back towards the bedroom and left Ducky setting the table so he could dish out the fresh, deli sandwiches he had bought with him. When they reached the bedroom, Jethro grabbed the girdle and the muscle relaxants from the dresser.

"Here. Take these, put this on and then spend the rest of the day relaxing."

"I don't want to spend it in bed, J. I get bored." Tim took the tablets and grabbed the bottle of water off the nightstand before swallowing them down.

"Then spend it on the couch with Duck. We've got a big T.V. down there. Watch a movie."

"Now that sounds like a plan. Wonder what he likes to watch. I'm guessing some kind of murder mystery."

"No idea. I didn't really watch movies before you so I couldn't tell ya." Jethro handed Tim the girdle and stepped back "Get that on and see if it helps. If it doesn't I'm gonna mention it at the next doc's appointment."

Tim shook his head and raised his eyebrows "You worry too much."

"Someone's gotta look after you and I'm not planning on giving that up any time soon. Live with it, Timmy."

Tim chuckled and wrapped the girdle round his waist. It looked awful, but as Tim fastened it at the underside of his bump, he felt the extra support instantly take some of the pressure off his back. He adjusted it so that it was comfortable and sighed happily.

"Better?"

Tim nodded "Yeah, Thanks."

"Good. Now come on. You've got your favourite decaf mocha crap downstairs and Duck's bought lunch."

"Favourite decaf mocha crap?"Tim couldn't help but tease at that comment knowing that Jethro thought it was a crime to add milk or cream to coffee.

"Yeah and you know it! I don't know how you drink that stuff."

"Hey, it's good and it's nowhere near as bad as that rotgut you call coffee. I have no idea how you're body doesn't constantly vibrate with the level of caffeine in it." Tim shook his head.

"Guess I got used to it." With a shrug, he held out his hand and guided Tim to the bedroom door.

The two of them walked down the stairs hand in hand to spend time with Ducky before Jethro had to run his errands. When they reached the bottom of the stairs, Tim felt a tug on his hand as Jethro stopped in his tracks and turned to see what was wrong.

"What?"

"Nothing, Timmy. I'm just thinking how lucky I am."

****************NCIS****************

Derek and Tony were walking around the grocery store to pick up a few essentials that they needed. Well, ok. It was more than a few essentials and the cart was overflowing with enough groceries to keep them going for the next week.

"You sure we need all this, D?" Tony was busy scrutinizing the stuff that Derek had thrown in.

"Hell yeah, baby boy. If you think you are going to live off take out when you are with me, then you have another thing coming." Derek leaned forward and stole a kiss. "I've been bought up with a house full of women and they managed to show me a thing or two when it comes to cooking. Hell, my mom is the meanest cook you'll ever meet."

"I'll look forward to it. When's that again?" Tony chuckled slightly and leaned in get another kiss.

"As soon as this damn case is wrapped up so we can take that leave time we talked about. Anyway, what fruit do you like?" Derek picked up a mango and inspected it.

"Fruit? Er..."

"T. Come on, you need to start eating more of this stuff and it's easier if you get the stuff you like."

"Ok, ok." Tony held his hands up in mock surrender and grinned. He pointed to the fruit in Derek's hand. "I like mango's but only if they're firm. Can we get some cherries and strawberries? Oh and maybe some raspberries, yeah, that's what I like."

"Sure. You go grab them and I'll go grab a watermelon." Derek watched as Tony moved over to the berries and laughed at the confused look on his lover's face...Damn, he was out of his comfort zone. He was startled when he heard a low, gruff voice greet him from behind.

"Morgan. What're you doin' here? Don't tell me you got DiNozzo in a grocery store?"

"Gibbs, hey. Yeah, can you believe it? I'll have our boy trained before you know it."

Jethro laughed and shook his head at the sight of an oblivious Tony trying to pick his fruit.

"Now that's gotta be a first. You guys still okay for tonight?"

"Sure am. Listen, I was gonna ring you but seeing as you're here I'll just tell you." Derek reached into the trolley and grabbed a couple of ingredients out. "I make a wickedly tasty chocolate fudge cake and was gonna make dessert for us all. That is, if you haven't got anything planned already."

"Nope, not a thing and Tim would love you for that. Recently his sweet tooth has kicked in and anything chocolate seems to be his poison." Jethro shook his head at the memories of him trying to limit the amount of chocolate his lover ate, Oh yeah; the glucometer was being well used recently.

"Sounds perfect for him then, I've even got some vanilla ice cream freezing as we speak." Tony chose that moment to glance up with 3 punnets of strawberries, cherries and raspberries in his hand and made his way over with a smile.

"Hey, boss. How's it going?" He glanced at Derek and noticed him eyeing the pineapples. "Hell no! There is no way one of them is making its way into our apartment."

"Aww, Come on, T. I love pineapples."

"Then you better not kiss me with that on your lips because, ewww." Tony scrunched up his face at the thought making Jethro laugh.

"Never been one for the dreaded fruit, DiNozzo?"

Jethro saw the flash of fear that crossed through Tony's eyes but saw that he was making the effort. He felt the knot of tension in his gut release slightly.

"Not really. Boss.." Tony leaned in as if he was starting some kind of conspiracy. "You gotta save me from the fruit. What's wrong with Pizza?"

"Come on, Baby boy. Nothing's wrong with Pizza, just not every night." Derek jumped in.

"Sure. Hey, boss. You didn't tell me how things are going."

"Good. McGee's backs playing him up, but apart from that he's alright. Thanks for taking care of him the other night by the way. I appreciate that, because the damn stubborn fool sure can't take care of himself when he's in that mood."

"No worries, Gibbs. I couldn't let Probie go without resting first. His back's still bad? He gonna be okay for tonight?" Tony was genuinely concerned for Tim and couldn't help the big brother instinct that kicked in. Truth be told, he was hoping Jethro was going to say tonight was still on because once he'd warmed to the idea, he had found himself looking forward to being able to relax and, hopefully, talk things through with Tim.

"Yeah, he's good. Duck's got him on the muscle relaxants and pain killers and we've got him wearing the girdle again. He wasn't too bad this morning and managed to get a good few hours in last night." Jethro offered up a small smile to the two young men in front of him. "Listen, DiNozzo. He's lookin' forward to trying to make it up to you tonight. He hasn't said anything, but I can see it in his face. He misses you."

"I miss him too, Boss. You want me to be honest?" he waited for Jethro to nod his head "I'm lookin' forward to being able to clear the air. I know why he did what he did and don't want that to come between us. It wasn't as bad as...you know. Anyway, we'll be there." He placed the fruit in the basket and shook his head before turning to look at Derek. "Now have we got enough?"

"Yeah, Baby boy. We've got enough." Derek turned to Jethro. "We'll see you at six?"

"Six is good. Hope you like steak because I've got the grill ready."

"Sounds good. We'll see you later."

Jethro watched the two younger men move towards the check out and shook his head. Tonight was going to be interesting, but hopefully it would provide them with enough relaxed conversation and friendship that they would be able to repair whatever damage had been done to the relationship. He carried on with his shopping feeling lighter and more at ease with the dinner, knowing that it was the one thing that would finally make Tim completely relax.

****************NCIS****************

Tim was sitting on the couch next to Ducky and had his feet resting up on the coffee table on top of a cushion. The two of them had settled in to watch an old Movie that was showing on cable with popcorn and some homemade lemonade that Ducky had brought with him. As Tim watched, he found his concentration lapsing more and more as his questions ran rampant through his mind.

"Ducky. Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, my dear boy. What seems to be the problem?" Ducky turned his attention to Tim and smiled warmly at him.

"It's not really a problem. Well, it is, but not really." Tim frowned slightly. "It's just that...I've been having these nightmares about, you know...the birth."

Ducky chuckled at the sheepish look on Tim's face.

"And you are starting to worry about it."

"No... Yeah... I don't know. I mean, I'm really looking forward to finally holding my son but the thought of popping out a baby his size is kinda scaring me. I mean, how the hell is that going to work?" Tim threw his hands up in mock defeat making Ducky laugh at the action.

"Timothy, it's perfectly natural for you to have reservations, but I assure you that you will stretch naturally to give birth to the little one."

"Little? He's huge and how?"

"Ahh, the old age question. Granted, this little one is slightly larger than most, but it's not uncommon. In men it works slightly differently given the placement of the birthing canal. Now, I could tell you the mechanics of what will happen or I can try to reassure you that you can indeed facilitate the size of your son."

Tim laughed loudly and shook his head.

"I really don't need to know the mechanics. That would freak me out more. He's going to be alright though, isn't he?" Tim's brow knitted into a frown and Ducky watched as he shook his head. "Sorry, Duck. These dreams have got me a little bit...You know."

"It's perfectly normal. Most expectant mothers or fathers experience them at some stage of the pregnancy. I have no doubt in my mind that the little one is going to be healthy, loved and will have you and Jethro wrapped round his little finger. When is your next doctor's appointment?"

"Um...a week on Monday." Tim shrugged. "They're going to do another scan just to be on the safe side but apart from that it's just going to be a normal appointment."

"Good. Well, I think it's going to be a good idea for you to sit down with them and discuss your birth plan in detail. Now is the time when you want to start bringing together, especially seeing as you are moving into your eighth month."

"I know and I'm pretty much set on the plan I have. Are you still alright to be there? I mean, I don't want to put you under any pressure, it's just that..."

"Heavens, Timothy." Ducky jumped in and cut Tim off mid sentence "You really are a worrier. I am honoured that you have asked and I would like nothing more than to be there to help you bring your son into the world."

"Thanks. That means a lot." Their attention was pulled away by Jethro walking in with the groceries he had bought. He grinned broadly at the sight of his lover relaxing with his best friend and dropped everything off in the kitchen before making his way in.

"So, what're you two talking about?"

"Nothing, we were just chatting. You get everything?"

"Sure did. I picked you up some of that non alcoholic beer so you don't feel too left out." Jethro moved and sat next to Tim on the couch before reaching out and stroking his hand down the bump.

"Thanks. Ducky, you sure you don't want to join us tonight? You're more than welcome."

"I know I am and thank you but unfortunately I can't. I have plans that unfortunately cannot be broken. I will however, stay for the coffee that I know Jethro is going to make."

Jethro tried to glare at the M.E. but found it hard to maintain given the mischievous look that he had grown fond of over the years. He shook his head and grinned broadly.

"I'll just go make the coffee then, shall I?"

****************NCIS****************

Tony handed Derek the fruit that they had bought and cocked his head slightly. With a wicked grin he narrowed his eyes and moved behind his lover as he placed them in the fridge.

"You know how much fun we can have with them?" He moved his hands down to cup Derek's backside and squeezed gently.

"Yeah? Hmm, I think my boyfriend has a kink for fruit." Derek turned and pulled Tony in for a deep, sensuous kiss.

"Who doesn't like food play? I could blindfold you and feed you fruit just before having my wicked way with you."

"Blindfold me? Now, let me think about that one...Ok, I've thought about it and I like that idea. But, for now I need to get this cake baked because no doubt Gibbs has told McGee and if he's got a sweet tooth, then he's gonna be looking forward to it." He nuzzled Tony's ear and nipped at the lobe.

"Oh god." Tony's breathing hitched slightly at the attention. "You know he can't eat too much sugar right?"

Derek pulled back with a confused frown on his face. "Why?"

"He's a border line Gestational diabetic." Tony shrugged "Probably why he's craving sugar right about now. It'd kill me!"

"He'll be alright with the chocolate cake. It's only this once." Derek dived in for a fierce kiss and Tony could feel his erection pushing against his groin. "Anyway, you like food play? Just think about what I could do with chocolate frosting. I can layer you..."

He was interrupted by his cell phone ringing and dropped his head onto Tony's shoulder. He pulled out the phone and read the caller id. "Damn, It's Strauss. Sorry baby. Hold that thought...or erection." He added with a wicked grin.

"Yeah, Morgan."

"Agent Morgan. I'm sorry to call on a Saturday but we've got a slight problem here that we might need your help with."

"Problem? Director, is it going to involve me coming in this weekend because I've got something really important that I need to do."

"No. Not this weekend, but you are being recalled to Quantico for the week." Derek scowled at the news.

"Why?"

"I'll debrief you first thing on Monday morning. Agent Hotchner has approved your absence from the team."

"Yes Ma'am. I'll be there."

"Excellent. Good evening, Agent Morgan. Have a good weekend." Derek flipped his phone closed and shook his head sadly.

"What?"

"I've been recalled back to Quantico next week. I have no idea why, but I won't be around. Will you be alright?" he moved forward and cupped Tony's face.

"Of course." Tony grinned and snorted out the laugh that Derek soon came to know as his facade, his mask when he wasn't happy about something.

"No you won't. Look, I'll try to get back in the evenings, alright. I'm sorry." Derek kissed Tony again before laying his head on his lovers shoulder. "Damn, I hate this."

"Look, D. It's your job and no doubt the roles will be reversed at some point. Don't sweat it. Just...Just be on the other end of the phone."

"Always, Baby. Always. So, how about I show you how to bake."

"Show me? I'm not good with anything kitchen based, D."

"You'll learn." Derek grabbed Tony's hand and pulled him over to the counter to finish packing away the groceries and prepare the cake.

Jethro attached the gas bottle and glanced up just in time to see Tim bend down to add fuel to the patio heater.

"Hey, I'll do that, Timmy. Come on, sit down."

"J, you can't expect me to sit down and let you do everything." Tim said with exasperation.

"Sure you can. You've been doing more than you think for months now, so relax while you can."

"Urgh, I hate feeling usel..." Tim was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"Not useless, just need to take it easy." Jethro glanced at his watch. "They're early."

"Well go let them in then. We can have a drink before Dinner." Tim smiled warmly at his lover and followed him into the house. "I'll grab the beer."

Jethro walked to the door and opened it to find Tony and Derek standing there hand in hand looking nervous. "Come on in. Tim's just getting the beer."

"Thanks, Boss. Beer? Probie allowed to drink?"

"Nope. He's go that non-alcoholic stuff."

"Now that's just cruel." Derek jumped in with a grin. "Taking away caffeine is bad enough, but beer?"

They all laughed loudly and turned at the sound of Tim's voice as he waddled up behind them.

"It's not that bad and trust me; it ain't worth the famous Gibbs glare."

"Boss, you don't. Come on, in the office sure, but at home?" Tony added with a cheeky wink to Tim."

"Don't think because we're off duty I won't head slap you DiNozzo." Jethro nodded once in the direction of the patio.

"Come on, we're all set outside, just need to get the heaters going."

"Yes, Boss." Tony rolled his eyes and placed his hand in the middle of Tim's back. "So, Probie. Where's the mutt?"

"In the yard, I think. He was with J last time I was out there."

As if he could sense the visitor, Jethro came bounding in and jumped up at Tony with excitement. "You miss me? You big daft thing." Tony knelt down and chuckled when the Alsatian rolled over onto this back for a belly rub.

Tim and Derek watched for a minute before making their way outside and taking their seats. Within an hour, the conversation was comfortable and they were tucking into the steaks that Jethro had prepared. So far, everything was going brilliantly.

Tim waddled into the kitchen with the plates and put them on top of the counter. As he bent down to open the dishwasher, he hissed as a Braxton hicks hit suddenly.

"Woah! Hey, you okay, McDaddy?" Tony grabbed Tim by the arms and guided him to the chair. "Hang on, I'll get Gibbs."

"No. Tony, it's normal. Trust me, he's fine and definitely not ready for making his great escape just yet."

"Normal? McGee, now is not the time to be all stoic."

"I'm not. It's just Braxton's that caught me off guard. They've gone now." Tim moved to stand up. "You go on back out there. I'll load the dishwasher and will be right behind you."

"The hell you will. You and Tony get your asses back out there and relax. Leave this to me and Morgan to sort out." Gibbs walked into the kitchen carrying the last of the stuff to be washed up. "What're you waiting for?"

With a sigh, Tim let Tony help him out of the chair and the two of them made their way back out to the patio to relax while their men cleaned up. Rather than sit on the patio chairs, they made their way over to the garden swing and settled down on the comfortable padded cushions.

"Soooo..." Tony said as he settled down. "How're you really doing?"

Tim huffed out a laugh and shook his head. "I'm bloated, my back is never going to be right after this, I have more aches and pains than should ever be humanly normal and am pretty much fed up with being pregnant. Apart from that, I'm peachy." He grinned at Tony and watched as his friend chuckled to himself.

"Going well then? Just think, in about a month's time he'll be here causing mayhem. Make the most of it while you can." Tony took a swig of his beer and leaned back before he starting gently rocking using his foot for leverage. "I'll be honest, I'm looking' forward to having a little nephew to spoil."

"Nephew?"

"Hell yeah. That kid is gonna have Uncle Tony, Uncle Derek, Aunty Ziva and Aunty Abby on board. Not to forget Uncle Jimmy and Grandpa Ducky."

"He's a lucky kid." Tim sighed heavily and glanced down at the untouched bottle he was holding. "Look, Tony. I really am sorry about what happened. I was just so frustrated and took it out on you. I was wrong to. You have no idea how much I regret what happened."

Tony looked over and felt his heart pull at the hang dog expression on Tim's face. "I know, Tim. You've got to bear in mind how much pressure I was under that day. I mean, the boss was out with an injury, Ziva was being a bitch and the job of team leader fell bang slap into my lap. That's a lotta responsibility, you know? I never wanted Gibbs' job and never asked for it, but you and Zee just made it difficult."

Tim nodded sadly and felt the tears prickle in his eyes...Damn, what have I done?

"I'm sorry. Tony, I miss you. I miss my best friend. We talk about everything and sure, you tease, but that's just the way we are. I don't know what I can do to make it up to you." He watched as his friend shrugged.

"Just...Shit. Just don't ever do that again. I mean you undermined me in front of the BAU crew and made me feel small. It's not something expected from you."

"I know. Trust me, I know." Tim's quiet, choked reply worried Tony and when he looked more closely at Tim, he saw the wet trails reflecting the moonlight.

"Jesus, Tim no. Don't cry, look we can repair this okay? We can get over it because our friendship is too strong not too. BUT...you've gotta give me time to sort everything out in my head. What Ziva did, really threw me off my game and this was just caught up somewhere in there."

"I'll give you all the time you need, Tony. I just don't want it to be irreparable." Tim started to fiddle with the bottle in his hand and watched Jethro loping after a moth.

"We're good, Probie. Just give it time, okay. That's all I ask."

Tim looked over to Tony with a rueful smile and nodded his head. "I can do that. So, what are your plans for the rest of the night?"

"Garcia and Abby want us to meet them at a club later on. Wanna come?" Tony grinned knowing that Tim wouldn't have gone clubbing with them even before he was pregnant.

"You know, right now I really, really do but..."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I'm getting cabin fever at the moment and it's driving me up the wall. I'll be glad when Ada...the baby's here."

"Woah! You've chosen the name?" Tony sat up straight and looked at Tim with a hopeful look on his face. "Come on Probie, spill it!"

Tim shook his head and rubbed his hand down his stomach. "Gimme your hand."

"Why?"

"I want to hold it! What do you think?" He said lightly and waited for Tony to hold out his hand and grabbed it before placing it over the space where his son was kicking.

"Is that? Oh my god is that..."

"What?" Jethro walked out with Derek carrying a tray of hot drinks for everyone.

"The baby's kicking." Tim replied with a contented look on his face.

"Yeah and McGee nearly let the name slip and won't tell me what it is." Tony kept his eyes planted firmly on his hand and grinned "And Wow!"

"Sorry, it just slipped out."

"You can tell 'em if you want too." Jethro added lightly as he threw down a cushion and sat between Tim's legs. Derek moved to Tony and did the same but Tony leaned forward and rested his chin on the top of his lover's head whilst his arms draped comfortable round his shoulders.

"Yeah, go on, Probie. You can't leave it there now." Tony cajoled.

Tim grinned and shook his head at the three pairs of expectant eyes that looked his way.

"Well..."