- Text Size +
Tony was still sitting next to Tim chatting comfortably, when he noticed Tim stifling a yawn. He grinned broadly and checked his watch.

"Tired, Probie?"

"A bit. Jesus, I'm sorry. Some host I am." Tim replied apologetically.

"Most hosts aren't heavily pregnant with problems to boot. It's getting late now anyway and we've gotta meet Abby and Garcia in an hour or so. Come on, waddle me to the door." Tony stood up and offered Tim his hand with a grin. "one, two…."

On the count of three, Tony pulled Tim to his feet and rested his hand on his friends shoulder to steady him.

"Thanks. You know, I can't wait for the day when I can stand up without help…." Tim glanced down at where his feet should be and groaned. "Not to mention the day I can actually see my feet again."

"Not long now, McGee. Just think of the day you get to hold that baby in your arms." Morgan chimed in as he grabbed his and Tony's jackets out of the closet.

"I know and to make it worse, Gibbs is already plotting something. I can see it in his eyes." Tim answered with a wary eye to his lover. Jethro smirked at the comment and shook his head. "Don't stand there lookin' innocent J, I know you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!" Tim chuckled at the innocent look Jethro had adopted. "Hmph!" Jethro moved behind Tim and wrapped his arms around him, letting his hands rest on the pregnancy bump.

"Wouldn't wanna spoil the surprise." The older man growled and kissed Tim's neck.

"On that note, we've gotta get going, guys." Tony smirked from the door and took the coat that Derek offered.

"Alright. I'll see ya on Monday, DiNozzo." Jethro clapped him on the shoulder and opened the front door. "Have fun tonight and watch out for the girls. You know what they're like."

"Look out for the girls? Gibbs, you know as well as we do that we're the ones that need lookin' out for. Those two can take care of themselves." Derek said eliciting a small chuckle from Jethro.

"Yeah. Now go on, you don't wanna leave them waiting."

"Yeah. Thanks for Dinner, It's been a really good evening." Tony remarked and grinned towards Tim knowing that it had been more productive than anyone will ever know.

"It really has, Tony. Your welcome." Tim moved forward to stand next to Tony . "Have a beer for me, would'ya. J still won't let me have one."

Tony chuckled. "Sure, McGoo. See you later guys." Tony walked out the door and waited for Derek to join him.

"Hey, McGee." Tim looked at Derek and waited patiently for what he had to say. "Thanks. I appreciate the effort. I haven't seen him that relaxed in days."

Tim nodded and smiled ruefully. "I really am sorry. I don…"

"McGee….Tim. It's over. You and Tony are good, alright?" Derek watched as Tim nodded sadly. "Hey, he doesn't hold a grudge when it comes to his friends. It's just still raw. Give him a few days and he'll be back to his normal self."

Tim nodded at Derek's comment and offered up a smile of thanks.

"D! Come on!" Tony called from where he stood and winked at Tim and Jethro. "Seriously guys, for a Feebie, he's always keepin' me waiting!"

"I'm coming, T!" He turned to the couple in front of him and waved. "See you all next week. Gibbs, take care of my man."

"I'll keep him in line, Morgan. You can count on that." Derek grinned and left, leaving Gibbs standing there with his arm wrapped around Tim's waist. He reached over and closed the door but heard a sniffle behind him, which made him frown. When he turned, he saw Tim trying to swipe away at the tears that had started running down his face. "Hey, you okay? What's wrong?"

"Nothing! That's the problem!" Tim shot back as he flushed with embarrassment. "It's been perfect. Me and Tony talked and everything's gonna be fine. Yet, here I am sobbing like a damn baby."

Jethro moved forward and wrapped Tim up in his arms. With a sigh, Tim melted in and tried to accommodate his growing girth.

"I hate this."

"What?" Gibbs said with a frown.

"The hormones. Not being able to hug you without one of us having to lean. I've had enough now. I want him here." Tim admitted and felt Jethro pull back. "J, I'm sorry. But the pain, the breathlessness, the…"

"I know. Come on." Jethro led them to the living room and sat down. "Come here."

Tim sat next to his lover and let Jethro arrange them so that he was sitting with his back against Jethro's chest. The position was perfect and he sighed happily, as he let his head rest on the solid shoulder behind him. He felt Jethro's arm drape around him and reached up to lace his fingers through his partners.

"I know it's hard. But not long now, okay?"

"Okay." Tim answered with a small voice and let his eyes droop closed as tiredness caught up with him.

"So, how'd it go with Tony?" Gibbs asked in hope that the change of subject would alleviate any fears that Tim had.

"Hmm?...Oh, good." Tim forced his eyes open to answer the question. "It's going to take time, but he's okay."

"Good."

"Said, I'd give him time. If that's what he needs then I can be patient." Tim's words were starting to slur together as exhaustion caught up with him. "How'd it go with, Derek?"

"Tony's got himself a good man there." Jethro replied as he started to tell Tim what had happened.

Two hours ago…..

Jethro watched Tim and Tony walk out of the kitchen and moved to finish loading the dishwasher.

"He's struggling isn't he?" Derek asked with a pang of sympathy for the obvious discomfort that Tim was having at the moment.

"Yeah. More than he'd ever admit." Derek caught the concern that dripped off Jethro's words and frowned heavily.

"He's gonna be okay, Gibbs. He's tough and will pretty much do anything to protect your son."

"I know. I just wish all this shit hadn't happened. He's not coping with it."

"Seems to be doin' alright. I'll admit, I was worried when he turned up. Damn fool walked up the stairs." Derek remembered the look on Tim's face when he opened the door. "Thought he was going into labor."

"That bad?"

"He didn't look good."

Jethro shook his head. "He's got a damn stubborn streak in him. No one see's it often, but when he digs his heels in….." He trailed off mid thought feeling worried about what Derek had just told him.

"He's alright. Looks pretty relaxed tonight. I can tell the pregnancies taking its toll now that the tyke's getting bigger." Derek offered up. "You think they're alright out there?"

"Tim and Tony? Hell yeah! Leave 'em. They need to talk." With the last plate loaded, Jethro added the detergent and closed the dishwasher.

"Yeah, I know. I just worry about them because from what Tony said, they're tight. How's Vance with you these days?"

"Hasn't caused any more problems. Why?"

"Just something I noticed. I know he was good with McGee when you were shot, but he doesn't really talk to him anymore. He even went through Tony a couple of times when he needed searches rather than go straight to Tim."

"You've got to be shitting me! I thought that was sorted." Jethro had no idea that Vance was being that way and the fact that Tim hadn't said anything, just pissed him off more.

"Look, McGee's been on sick recently, so Vance can't get to him. I just wanted you to know what I saw because I don't think Tim's thought anything of it with everything else that's been going on." It had been something that had been bothering Derek for a while but in lieu of what had happened, he'd completely forgotten.

"Sounds like Tim. I'll talk to him. Beer?" Jethro grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge and handed one to Derek. "So, how're you with all this?"

"With what happened or with being here now?"

"Both."

"With what happened; Pissed. But for Tony's sake I'll keep the peace. I'm more pissed at Da'vid to be honest so Tim's safe." He took a slug of his beer. "Tonight? I've enjoyed it and can see that they've got a good friendship. I'm just glad it's getting back on track, but I've gotta tell you, it hasn't been easy."

Jethro nodded at the comment and decided that honesty would be the best policy. "I know what you mean. Ziva's a hardass and went too far. As far as the boys go, they'll be alright. They've been through worse."

"I know. So, how about some cake?" Derek moved to the fridge and pulled out the cake. "Tim alright with it?"

"Honestly? Probably not. His sugar's all over the place at the moment."Jethro admitted sadly and shook his head. "But I can't see one slice doin' any harm."

"Sure?"

"Why not. It's only once and he's been good with what he eats." Jethro thought back to the chocolate that Tim taken to eating recently. "Huh. You know, I take that back. With all the candy he's eating it's no wonder his sugar isn't all over the place."

Derek raised his eyebrow at Jethro's comment and moved to put the cake back.

"Hey! Don't you dare! He knows it's there and he'll just have to cut down this week." He watched as the cake was placed on the counter and sliced. "Just so you know, I value my life."

Derek laughed loudly at the comment and plated up before turning to Jethro with a serious look on his face as his impending departure weighed heavily on his mind.

"Gibbs, look. I've been called back to Quantico next week and I need you to do me a favor."

"You want me to look out for, DiNozzo?" Jethro supplied and waited for the clarification that he needed. Derek nodded. "We can do that. Don't worry, we'll look after him for ya."

"Thanks. So, how about we get out there and make sure world war three hasn't started."

The two men walked out of the kitchen carrying their wares hoping that everything was alright with their men.

****************NCIS****************

"Hey, Timmy?" Jethro nudged his lover to wake him up. He smiled when Tim's eyes opened blearily. "Come on. Bed."

"M'comfy"

"You'll be more comfortable in bed." He disentangled himself from Tim and reached out a hand to help him up. "Come on."

As they walked up the stairs, Jethro frowned and realized that he hadn't actually asked Tim about Vance and that Tim had fallen asleep before he had gotten to that.

"Why didn't you tell me about Vance?" He stopped when Tim halted on the stairs in front of him and gently nudged his pregnant lover in the back to get him moving again.

"What about him?"

"He's been ignoring you." Gibbs stated knowingly and felt Tim's back stiffen under his hand. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why? It's not important and really doesn't matter. He doesn't approve, I get that." Tim stopped again outside the bedroom door and turned to his lover with a saddened look on his face. "He never will accept us, but you know what? I don't care. I've got my family and am more than happy."

"Tim, if he made it worse for you when I wasn't there…"

"You'll what?" Tim yelled defensively, the very motion telling Jethro that he'd been right.

"Hey!...Hey! Calm down. What did he do?" He watched Tim physically deflate in front of him and his heart broke.

"Nothing. Just…..It was just the odd look here and there. He didn't actually speak to me directly and when I snapped at Tony, I'd just been down to Abby's lab and he was there. He kinda…" Tim stopped himself before causing anymore trouble. "You know what, J. I'm tired. I just want to sleep." He turned and started to make his way into the bedroom but was stopped by Jethro's hand on his shoulder.

"He kinda what?" Jethro growled, but at the same time enveloped Tim in his arms. "Talk to me."

"He pushed past me and I lost my balance." Tim admitted with a blush. "If Abby hadn't of been there then I would have hit the deck. I wrenched my back and then there was the problem with the elevator so I had to walk up the stairs. I was pissed beyond belief and took it out on Tony."

"Son of a…..Why didn't you tell me?" Jethro demanded with so much force that Tim stumbled back to get away from him. "You should have told me!" He bellowed, the fury rolling off him in waves.

"J…I…I didn't know what to say." Tim defended "How cou…..I've….I can't do this. I just can't." Tim's knees gave way as tears flowed freely down his cheeks. "I'm sorry…..I'm so….."

"Crap! No…Tim I'm not angry at you. You don't have anything to apologize for. I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry." Jethro knelt down and pulled Tim close. "Shhh, It's alright."

It took a good fifteen minutes before Tim calmed down enough so that he could talk. Jethro pulled back slightly and looked his lover over. "Tim?"

"I'm okay." Came the quiet reply. "Just….I'm tired, J."

"Timmy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you."

"Sign of weakness." Jethro smiled slightly at Tim's comment.

"Not to you, it's never a sign of weakness with you. You want Duck?"

"No. I'm good. Just help me up off the floor because I don't think I'm gonna make it on my own." Jethro stood up and helped Tim stand.

"I'm gonna talk to Vance first thing on Monday. He coul…"

"No!"

"No? Tim, he could have hurt you. Hell, he DID hurt you!" Jethro argued.

"It's done with. Please, don't open old wounds, J. Can we…I just wanna sleep." Tim started to wander towards the bathroom to wash his face.

"Okay. That's fine, but you need to tell me about stuff like this, Tim. Don't keep secrets." Tim froze at the bathroom door and turned to look at Jethro.

"Sorry."

Jethro walked up to him and kissed him chastely. "Go, get cleaned up and we'll go to bed. You really alright?"

"Damn hormones!" Tim quipped but Jethro knew him too well and wanted nothing more than to erase the past half hour and take away his lover's pain. Tim glanced at him and frowned. " I'm good, J."

"No. You're not, but you will be. Go on. Take care of business and I'll give you a backrub."

Tim nodded and turned to walk into the bathroom so he could wash away the evidence of his mini meltdown hoping beyond hope, that he hadn't just made the situation worse.

****************NCIS****************

Tony stepped out of the taxi and waited for Derek to join him. They had decided to drop the car off at his apartment so that they could both have a beer and enjoy the night without worrying about leaving it anywhere if they overindulged.

"You ready, babyboy?"

"Sure am. I've been lookin' forward to spending some time with the girls. I will admit, I'm nervous about meeting Garcia though." Tony admitted ruefully.

"Don't be. She's just like Abby but a lot less Gothic." Tony chuckled at the image that was starting to form in his ind. "Hey, don't get me wrong. Doesn't mean she's not quirky, but since meeting Abby, I started wondering whether they were separated at birth."

"Freaky." Tony joked and kissed Derek on the lips. He heard his lover hum and pulled away.

"Freaky isn't the word. Pen was telling me what they're planning for the baby shower and I don't envy the guys right about now."

"Bad?"

"Nah, just not what you'd expect for Gibbs." Derek glanced at his watch. "Crap, we're late. Come on, T. We need to be getting in there or else they'll think we've abandoned them.

Tony took Derek's hand and let himself be led to the front of the queue where Derek simply grinned at the bouncer on duty.

"Huggy! How's it goin' man?" Tony cocked his head slightly and tried to figure out why this huge, middleaged man mountain was called 'Huggy'. Various scenario's shot through his mind but with each one, he drew a blank.

"Hey Hey, well if it isn't Derek Morgan. I'm good my man, how're you? Who's this fine lookin' young man you've got with you?"

Derek laughed heartily and nodded towards Tony. "This is my better half, the one and only Tony DiNozzo. Tony, this is Harley 'Huggy' Jones. He's an old friend of the family."

"What d'ya know. The boy's finally settled down. I was talkin' to your Momma the other day and she did mention that you found yourself a man."

"Yeah? Huh. Guess she's happy about it then." Derek stated knowingly and winked at Harley. "When are you going back to see them? No doubt she's cornered you into going."

"Hell yeah. For a white woman, that girl is gutsy. I daren't say no to your, Momma. You know that." Harley chuckled gently to himself. "You can't help but love her though. I'll be going up next weekend with Mary and the kids. I think your sisters are gonna be there too."

Tony watched the exchange and started getting a picture of how tight Derek's family was.

"Yeah? Huh. I might see if we can get up. It might be a problem next weekend though, so we'll have to see."

"Well, if you can, it'll be great having the family together again." Harley turned towards Tony and Grinned. "And knowing, Derek's family, that includes you now. So Tony, what do you do for living. You're a fed too?"

Tony nodded and grinned back. "Sure am. NCIS."

"Ha, a navy guy. Well, welcome to the family NCIS. I've gotta let you go in because that line's getting angry." He nodded towards the queue and lifted the rope up to let them in. "Have a good night. If you make it to light's up, I'll have a drink with you boys and we'll chat."

"Sounds good, man. See you later." Derek replied clapped Harley on the shoulder before guiding Tony into the club.

***NCIS***

"Hey, D?" Tony said loudly over the booming music that greeted them at the cloak room. He smiled warmly when Derek wrapped his arm around his shoulders and pulled him in for a kiss.

"Hmmm. What's up, babyboy?"

"Why do you call him 'Huggy'?" Derek's laugh boomed over music making Tony flush slightly.

"Huggy bear. Apparently his style was just like Huggy bear back in the day and the nickname stuck."

Tony couldn't help but chuckle and shook his head. "Damn, that's one to be stuck with when you're that big."

"Sure is, but you should see him with the kids. He's fantastic! He plays with them and then lets them all climb up for a cuddle before fallin' asleep….That includes him as well."

They both laughed as the checked in their coats and made their way into the crowded club. Just as Tony was about to break off to go to the bar, he was startled by a pair of hands wrapping round his eyes and a kiss ghosting his neck. He spun around and swept Abby up in his arms and twirled her round.

"Tony!" She shrieked happily and hugged him tight when he put her down. "Derek! Yay, you both made it." Derek was the next victim of one of Abby's bone crushing hugs.

"Of course! What, you think I was gonna let him mope tonight?" He joked and felt Abby slap him on the arm.

"No, of course not. Ooh ooh, how'd it go with Timmy and Gibbs?"

"Good. Me and Probie have kissed and made up…" Tony told her lightly before dipping down so he could whisper loudly in her ear. "But don't tell D or the Boss because you know, they might not like it."

"Hey! I heard that!" Derek chided and took Tony's hand. "Where've you left my girl, Scuito?"

"Come on. We got here early and got a table near the dance floor. It's perfect, and the seats are comfy…but if you think you're both sittin' down all night, then you've got another thing coming!"

Abby guided them to the seats and they settled down comfortably. Tony nudged Abby slightly when she wrapped herself around his arm and hugged tight with her head on his shoulder. Derek had sat down and was currently hugging Penelope tight and grinned at his lover when his geek mirrored Abby and kept a firm grip on his arm.

"You okay, Abbs?"

She nodded into his shoulder. "Yep. It's just…Tony I was so worried about you and then Jimmy came to me with your blood samples and told me what had happened and then the following day, Gibbs told me that you wouldn't be in for the rest of the week…"

"Woah, hey! Abby, breath. Jeez. Abbs, I'm okay and it's all sorted between me and McGoo. I'm sorry, I should have called."

"Yes! You should!" She said loudly and thumped him on the shoulder. "But…Okay, I spoke to Gibbs and he told me not to call and that you were being taken care of by Derek but I wanted to. You know that right?"

"I know, Abbs. I know. Look, its okay now, right? So how about we enjoy the night because I don't know about you, but I'm lookin' forward to spending time with my friends, having a drink and dancing the night away with two gorgeous ladies and my man."

"Kay." Abby turned to Derek with a frown and let go of his arm so that she could lean forward. "Gibbs said that you wouldn't let him see Tony the night after the thing with Ziva. You stood up to Gibbs, hell, that's not something that people do readily and it takes guts. If you're willing to go head to head with the Boss, then I trust you with my, Tony."

Derek had been sitting with his arm around Garcia, but disentangled himself enough to lean forward to hear what she had to say. He scooted round to Tony and sat shoulder to shoulder with his boyfriend.

"Gibbs wasn't my concern, Abby. Tony was and he'd only been asleep a short time when Gibbs showed up. There was no way in Hell I was gonna put him through anything else that night because it took me forever to calm him down the first time."

Tony nodded. "He was my godsend. If he hadn't been there….Look, I needed this last few day's off, Abbs and D got me through them. All we've been doing is taking it easy. I just couldn't deal until I had it set in my own mind. Hell, It was all I could do to deal with McGee, but I'm glad I did." He trailed off and shook his head. "Don't think I'll ever forgive Ziva though."

Garcia sat and watched as Derek grabbed Tony's hand and started to rub soothing circles in his palm; it was that movement that let her know how perfect they were for each other as love and total understanding of each other's needs leeched from them.

"You know what I can't get my head around?" Tony asked to no one in particular. He didn't wait for an answer before carrying on. "I have no idea what I did! I mean, there was no reason for her to be so bitchy about stuff, but she acted as though she hated me."

"Hey!" Derek called softly and turned so that he could use his free hand to cup Tony's chin and pull him round to look at him. "It's over, babyboy. Okay, she can't hurt you. It's you, me and the terrible twins here; the night is ours, so how about we enjoy it."

"I hear you there, Sugar. I need a drink. You guys want one?"

"You have the best ideas, babygirl. How about I take the dark princess there, and go get the drinks. You can get to know Tony better…Your usual?"

"Yep." Penelope replied and scooted round to Tony. Tony just grinned and nodded before watching Abby and Derek disappear into the crowd to get the drinks.

"Oh…Hang on." Penelope pulled out her phone and started texting. At Tony's inquisitive look, she chuckled. "I want some nuts. Please tell me he's got his phone on him?"

"Yeah, the only time he hasn't is when we're in bed." Tony huffed out a laugh and eyed Penelope carefully. "So you know, D just from work or from way back?"

"Just from work. But we've been close for ages now." Her phone dinged and she giggled before showing Tony her pink phone. He read the message and shook his head with a huge grin…Alright Mamma. Anything for you xx

"So…" she said and snapped the phone shut. "I'm kinda glad we're alone because I wanted to talk to you."

"About?" Tony asked and frowned.

"You're worrying, Tonyboy. Stop! Look, I know Abby gave my boy a warning..."Her face crinkled slightly as though she was trying to remember something. "I think it went something like…"

"She can kill him and leave no forensic evidence?" Tony supplied. Penelope grinned broadly and nodded.

"Yeah, I think that was it."

"Sounds about right. So; let me guess, you're gonna give me a similar warning." Tony's head dropped to his chest and he sighed heavily. She had no idea what had happened, but right now he didn't know whether he was strong enough to deal with this.

"Kill you? Not physically, but I can do a lot of damage with a computer." Penelope winked at him but reached out to touch his arm at the deep rooted sadness that she saw in his face. "Hey, I just wanted to say take care of him…each other. That's all. You okay?"

"Yeah." Tony said distractedly, though his thoughts were telling him something different…Damned if I know what I'd do if D wasn't there. There's no way I would have gotten through everything alone; and I would have been alone. What the hell did I do to deserve this? What…

"Hey. Earth to Tony." Penelope called with a frown. "You okay?"

"Sorry. Um, yeah just thinking." At that moment, Derek and Abby returned with the drinks and the nuts that Penelope had ordered. Derek frowned at the saddened look that flashed through his lovers eyes.

"You okay?"

"I'm good, D."

"Pen, you promised to be nice to him. He's been through enough recently without you giving him hell as well." Derek chastised and passed his friend her drink.

"I didn't!"

Tony looked up and shook his head. "D, she didn't say anything wrong. She just gave me the same warning that Abbs gave you…don't you sit there lookin' all innocent Abigail Scuito. I know you what you said." Abby blushed and sipped at her drink.

"You sure you're okay." Derek asked and caressed Tony's cheek.

"I'm good. Now apologize to your girl because I have it on good authority that she's a computer geek and can destroy you with a keyboard."

"Ain't that the truth." Derek bent down to kiss Penelope on the cheek. "Sorry, babygirl. I'm a little…."

"Protective?" Tony answered and laughed at affronted look he got from his partner. "Don't you look at me like that Derek Morgan. You know you've been fending off the big bad world for me…" he leaned over to give him a kiss. "And you also know how grateful I am for it."

"Anyway, Tony, I can see how much you make my little Derek Happy. That's all I ask."

"Ooh, ooh I love this song. Who's gonna dance with me?" Abby interrupted and jumped up before starting to bounce where she stood.

"No yet, Abbs." Tony answered and saw Penelope shake her head. Derek snorted out a laugh and stood up.

"Lead the way, Abbygirl." They bounced off happily towards the dance floor, leaving Tony and Penelope sitting there in silence. Tony's head sank to his chest again as he played with the label on his beer.

"Okay. Talk to me!"

"About what?"

"What's wrong with you? There's something on your mind?" Penelope offered him one of her nuts and moved to sit next to him again. "I just want you to be happy, okay. Nothing more. I don't have it in me to be deceptive; what you see is what you get."

Tony glanced over at Derek and Abby and smiled ruefully as the two of them bopped away to the music. "He tell you what happened?"

"He didn't have to. I think you guys call it scuttlebutt?"

"Yeah? You know what that is?" Tony asked incredulously.

"I learnt a lot working with you guys. Like I said before, I see how happy he's been since meeting you and I have it on good authority that he completely understands what it's like to take over leading a unit the way you do. The difference is, you got slammed with a team that showed you no respect where as we just accepted it and made the best out of a bad situation."

Tony raised his head and gazed at her. "That's just it though. He had the respect and support of his team mates. I didn't. I got nothing but bitched at before being taken down in the men's room by someone I thought was a friend…."

"Tony…" she tried to interrupt but was cut dead by his hand.

"You know what? It hurts! It hurts like hell, and I'm still pissed at Probie's attitude but understand it. I get what he did. What I can't wrap my head around is why the fuck Ziva did what she did." Tony pulled in a sharp breath and felt his unannounced anger deflate at the look in Penelope's eyes. "Aw hell, Pen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to…I'm just so damn…I.." Tony's eyes welled up unexpectedly and he swiped at them in the hope that she didn't see.

"No, Tony I'm the one that should apologize. I know it's been tough because…" she paused and sighed heavily. "Because Derek talks to me. He didn't want to burden you with it all so he called me. Don't be mad at him."

"Mad? I'm not mad. I'm just relieved he had someone there." Abby and Derek chose that exact moment to come back to the table and were laughing so hard that they were out of breath when they sat down. Derek's laughter was short lived when he saw the glassy look in Tony's eyes.

"What's happened?"

"Nothing, D. I'm just being stupid and emotional again." Tony explained and offered a small smile.

"Bullshit, Tony. Something's upset you." He turned to Penelope with a frown. "Pen?"

She ignored Derek's hard tone and rested her hand on Tony's knee. "Tony, listen to me, Sweet cheeks, okay? You're a good agent and from what I saw when you headed the team, you did a fantastic job. Don't let the Bastard's drag you down because you know they will. I will admit, I didn't hit it off with Ziva. She was too prickly for my liking, but…and this is a big but, it's obvious that you liked her because you're hurt by her actions. You say you made it up with Tim?"

Tony just nodded as his mind threatened to run amok. "Yeah. It's not a hundred percent, but it's getting there. Look, We're here to have fun. Right?" He looked at them all expectantly and waited for someone to answer.

"Sure did, T. We came here to meet these two gorgeous ladies and enjoy ourselves. It's been a tough week, so let me take care of you." Derek leaned in for a kiss and sat back to rest his forehead against Tony's. "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm good. I promise." With one more sweep of their lips, they broke apart and reached down to get their drinks.

"Aww, that's just so sweet. I hope I'm lucky enough to find someone who loves me like that." Abby fawned. "I just want to be happy, too. Is that too much to ask?"

"There's someone out there for everybody, Abbs." Garcia said cheerfully, feeling happier at seeing the relationship that Derek was in was definitely looking as though it was starting to blossom into something more permanent. "I haven't had much luck but I'm still not giving up."

Tony glanced at the dance floor and grinned happily. "Hey guys. We came here to dance, so let's go dance." He saw his lover nod before standing up and holding out his hand. "D. Dance with me!"

"Jeez, demanding much?"

Tony shrugged and narrowed his eyes. "Don't say you don't like it. Come on, already." With a chuckle, Derek let himself be led to the dance floor and soon got into the beat of the music as he danced with Tony. It didn't stop him throwing furtive looks his partners way though. Tony must have picked up on this and wrapped his arm around Derek's shoulders, frowning at the knotted muscles that met him.

"Damn! Derek, relax. I'm not gonna break. I'm with you and the girls and we're here to have fun. It just got a little bit deep, that's all. Everything's good."

"I know." Derek pulled him in for a kiss. "I just want to make it go away completely. You shouldn't still be getting pissed about what happened…Shit! It shouldn't have happened in the first place!"

"Hey! I get that you don't like it. I really do, but it did happen and it's going to take more than a few days to get over this. Don't make me say we're here to have fun, yet again! Come on, Morgan. Shake that ass!"

Derek laughed heartily and picked up the beat once again, knowing that no matter what, he loved Tony and would walk through fire if it meant keeping his lover happy and healthy.

***NCIS***

From where she stood, she could see the two men dancing closely on the dance floor; their every move exuding nothing but love and affection for each other. With a wry grin, she pulled out her phone and started scrolling through her phone book so she could find whom she wanted….Eli Da'vid. She selected the text message option and tapped out a sinister, cryptic message before nodding happily and hitting the send key.

'Z has cut ties. Phase 2 will be in operation in the morning'