- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kelly visits her dad.
Painful Past, Epilogue

Kelly was visiting him in Mexico for the second time. She was riding side by side with her dad. He was still good at horses. Not as brilliant as she was but still very good. They had done this a lot when she had been a child. She hoped this helped him to remember. Kelly was sure that it had helped her dad when McGee and Abby had come over for one weekend. DiNozzo hadn’t found a time to visit but Kelly was sure he would come if he did find a free moment. It had helped a lot that Kelly had joined the team now that her dad was in Mexico. Kelly was quite sure her dad would be back sooner o later but she would help Tony until that happened.

“What are you thinking about?” Gibbs asked and Kelly noticed he was looking at her.

She turned to look at her father: “Nothing, just the team and the current situation.”

“Is everything okay?” Gibbs asked, “how’s DiNozzo doing?”

“He’s holding up. I think he’s doing great job but I think you already knew it. Everyone waits him to be you.”

“They will come up with the fact that he isn’t me sooner or later”, Gibbs said, “until then he just have to hold up.”

For a moment they rode in silence. The sun was beginning to set, colouring everything pink and purple. Kelly grinned, flicked her long red hair over her shoulder and grinned at her dad: “I want to gallop, daddy!”

“I want to gallop, Daddy!”

“No, Kelly.”

“Ah, let her go, Shannon.”

“Jethro!”


Kelly had been brilliant rider already back then. Now she was even more talented. Kelly pressed her heels against the dark brown horse’s sides and the creature jumped forward. Gibbs looked after his daughter and grinned. His mind was still like cloud of thick fog but he could feel there was still lot of things he knew he should remember about his daughter and his team.
Chapter End Notes:
End of this fic. The next fic will be about Gibbs in Mexico, trying tio remember his past.