- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: I decided to write one more chapter. I hope you like this chapter and Gibbs may be a little OOC in this chapter.

A Long Time Ago

Tony and Gibbs stepped out of the elevator and walked into Abby’s lab. Tony smiled as he saw that his little sister was working on something on the computer. She didn’t seem to notice that they had just stepped into the lab.

“Abs, do you have the results yet?”

“No, Gibbs. I told you that it would take a while.”

“And I told you that I wanted it in two hours.”

“You can’t rush science, Gibbs. You know that.”

“I want those results now, Abs.” He said as he walked towards Abby

Tony was suddenly between Abby and Gibbs. “Don’t talk to her that way. If you want to talk to someone like that then talk to me that way.” He glared at Gibbs who suddenly stopped.

“Tony, he’s not going to hit me.”

“I don’t want to take that chance.”

“Believe me, Tony he’s not going to hit me.”

“I don’t want to take the chance with you.” He said to Abby, but was glaring at Gibbs.

Abby walked in front of Tony and laid a hand on his arm and looked him in the eyes. “He’s not going to hit me, Tony. He never had before and he won’t do that now.”

Tony placed his hands on Abby’s shoulders. “You know that I can’t take that chance with you Abby Cadabby.”

“Just like a long time ago I knew that he never would hit me.”

He hugged his little sister and then stared in her eyes. “Just tell me if he ever does and I’ll take care of it.”

“What are you two talking about?” Asked Gibbs who had been listening to the two? He wondered how they knew each other.

“I guess we should tell you now since you heard that.” Abby said.

“Tell me what?”

“Sit down, Gibbs.” Abby said pointing at the chair. She turned towards Tony and he looked at her and nodded.

“We knew each other a long time ago before we met at NCIS.”

“Ya, I gathered that.”

“You see we were brother and sister. We still are, but back then we were raised together. Our father used to physically abuse Tony, but he never laid a hand on me. One day when I was four and he was ten, our dad really beat him up. He was sent to the hospital by ambulance and I was taken into foster care. The Scuito’s adopted me and Tony was raised by our Uncle.”

Tony was watching Gibbs as his little sister told him their story. He saw that Gibbs kept on looking at Abby and then back to Tony and back again. He didn’t know what was going through Gibbs’s head after their story.

Gibbs looked between the two siblings and wondered how in the world both of them survived that. Abby in having to see that her brother was abused and for Tony to be abused. He didn’t know what to say after the story was done.

“Did they ever take your father away to jail?”

“No, they never did. They were bribed to look the other way, but not so that we were taken away. He didn’t want us around after that. He would tell me when I was living with our Uncle that he was glad to have us out of the house. When I was twelve he disowned me and after that my Uncle shipped me off the Military School.”

“You mean he still saw you?”

“A couple of times.”

“Tony you didn’t tell me that.”

“I’m sorry, Abby. I guess I didn’t want you to worry.”

“Did he hit you?”

“Yes, a couple of times when he was there, but nothing as bad as that night.”

Abby hugged her big brother. He was always protecting her, but who protected him when he needed it? A tear ran down her cheek as she squeezed him. Tony looked down to her face.

“Abby, don’t cry. It’s in the past and we are now free of him. “ He said as he hugged his little sister. He didn’t like to see her cry.

“It’s not fair. You protected me all those years ago, but nobody protected you. I’m so sorry, Tony.”

“It’s okay, Abby. We don’t have to worry about him anymore and it’s in the past.”

“I love you, Tony.”

“And I love you too, Abby Cadabby.”

“I’m sorry that you two had to grow up like that. I’m glad that both of you came out alright after that.”

“Thank you.” Both of them said as they turned to smile at him.

“Thank you for telling me about that. I know it must be painful, but thank you for sharing that.”

“You’re Welcome.” Abby said as she hugged her big brother.

“And I can see why you got between me and Abby, Tony. I want you to know that I would never hurt Abby that way.”

“I hope not. I love my sister and don’t ever want her to go through what I went through.”

“Understood and I wouldn’t want her to go through that either.”

Tony nodded and then Gibbs and Tony left to go back to the bullpen and wait until Abby had results.