- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

A Long Time Ago

Tony stepped out of his car and locked it. The sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky. It was going to be a beautiful day today. He was about to walk towards the headquarters when he was stopped by McGee’s voice.

“Tony, wait up.”

“What is it, McGee?” Tony asked as he turned towards his friend. Abby had told him that she had told McGee that he was abused as a child. She was worried that he would be angry with her because she told McGee, but he could never be angry with her. He loved her too much to ever be angry with her.

“I love your sister and I want to ask her to marry her, but I wanted to ask your permission first.” McGee said looking Tony in the eyes.

Tony smiled as he said. “You’re a good man McGee and I like you. I give you permission to marry my sister. If she says yes. Welcome to the family.”

“Thank you, Tony. It means a lot to me.”

“So when are you going to pop the question?”

“This Saturday. I am going to cook dinner for her and then ask her.”

Tony nodded. “Good for you, McGee. She loves you, you know that right?”

“And I love her too.”

“Good. Let’s go in before Gibbs fires both of us.” He walked away from McGee and towards the building.

McGee smiled as he turned the computer on and then began to make plans on what to cook, or maybe he should just get something from a restaurant. He hoped that Abby would say yes, but worried that she would say no. He was glad that Tony gave his permission. He wasn’t going to ask Tony if he could marry his sister, but remembered what his Dad said to him. His Dad was old fashioned and told him that he should ask a woman’s father for permission, but since Abby’s biological father was no longer in the picture and her adoptive father had died he had to ask her brother. His Mom and Dad had already met Abby and they both liked her.

-----

Saturday

McGee served the dessert and then waited until they were both done. He had then cleared the plates and put them on the counter next to the sink. He then took out the ring box and made his way towards the table. He kneeled down on one knee.

“Abby, I love you and want to spend forever with you. Will you marry me?”

“Yes.” She leaped up and hugged McGee. “I can’t wait to tell Tony and show him the ring.”

“He knows that I was going to ask you, but I didn’t show him the ring.”

“You told him?”

“I asked if I could marry you.”

“Oh, that’s so sweet, McGee.”

During the next few days they had set a date and were planning for the big day. Tony would give her away and walk with her down the isle. One of McGee’s friends was going to be his best man. McGee had asked Gibbs, but he had declined.

Sarah, McGee’s sister was going to be the bridesmaid. His parents were going to help with the cost of the wedding along with Abby’s Mom and Tony.

Abby was happy and sad. She had wished that Tony and her had a happy childhood where they had a good Dad that loved them. Not one that terrorized her brother and her to an extent by abusing her brother and she had to watch. She remembered one day when she was talking to Tony. He had said that he was sorry that she didn’t get a chance to have a normal childhood and that they weren’t raised together. She had told him that at least their Dad didn’t abuse her. He had told her that even if she wasn’t abused she still had to see her brother being abused. That was a form of abuse too.

------

Months had come and gone and it was almost the big day. They had a rehearsal dinner at one of the restaurants. He watched as his sister interacts with McGee and his family and with her adoptive family. He raised the beer to his lips and took a sip. He was happy for his little sister. He was happy that she had a happy childhood and finally had the chance to have a happily ever after. He knew that a happily ever after wasn’t in the cards for him. He had never told his sister, but their Uncle had physically abused him too. Especially when his father was around.

Gibbs was there watching Abby and McGee and then turned his head to watch his senior agent watch them too. He wondered what was going on inside Tony’s head. He knew that Tony was happy for his sister.

Tony turned his head and saw that Gibbs was watching him and he smiled at him then turned to his beer again. He picked it up again and drank the whole thing.

-----

He led his baby sister down the isle and handed her off to McGee. He smiled at the two of them and then moved to his spot. He watched them as they exchanged vows and then kiss as the ceremony closed. He was very happy for them. They were going to go to Hawaii for their honeymoon. He had never told his sister that his Uncle had taken him on one of his many business trips and he had left him there for two days.

After the wedding they made their way towards the reception hall and had sat down at their assigned tables. Tony sat down and looked around. Gibbs sat down next to him and Ziva sat down next to Gibbs. He liked the banter that he shared with Ziva, but didn’t like her that way. Yes, she was beautiful, but that was it. He smiled as the bride and groom made their way towards their table. He knew that he should have been at that table too, but he had declined. He was better sitting down here. His sister looked beautiful in her wedding dress. He watched as she looked towards him and smiled at him and he smiled back. She then turned back towards Sarah who was still talking to her. He got up and made his way towards the bar that was open. He grabbed a beer and made his way back to the table. He took off the top and drank from the bottle.

When the food was ready they made their way towards the buffet table and piled food on their plates. Sitting down once again he ate his food and then made his way towards the bar again and got himself another beer. Then the cake came out and the bride and groom fed each other the cake and then it was cut and the others made their way towards the table to grab a slice. Tony thought that the cake was good.

Abby came by to say goodbye to Tony and the rest of the team. They would be going on their honeymoon. She had kissed her brother on the cheek and made her way towards her husband’s side. Tony sat there for a few minutes later and then got up to leave.