- Text Size +
Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters do not belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

A Long Time Ago

Tony stared in awe as he saw the dugout and the baseball field. He had always wanted to go to a baseball game, but had never gotten the chance to. When he was younger he had always liked watching baseball, football and basketball and had even been on the football and basketball team.

His sister and McGee were on their honeymoon and so they really didn't have that much to do. Gibbs had told him that they were going to a baseball game and he had been surprised when Gibbs had told him. His and Abby's father had never taken them to a baseball game and his Uncle wasn't the kind of guy to take him to any kind of game either.

They stuffed themselves with hotdogs, nachos and other things that the vendors were selling. He smiled as the home team and the other team took the field as the national anthem was sung and they said play ball. As the game came to an end he was very happy that Gibbs had invited him to go and was happy that the home team had won.

"Thank you, Gibbs. I really enjoyed the game and the food and I had fun."

"You're Welcome, Tony. I'm glad that you had fun."

Tony was spending the night at Gibbs house after the game because it was a late game. He had already put his bag into the extra room before they made their way to the game. He would go home and be ready for the workday on Monday. They had gotten a temporary forensic scientist and field agent. They were okay, but they weren't Abby and Tim.

He was happy for the two newlyweds. He was happy that his little sister found happiness and had gotten married. He wondered if he would ever find that happiness and get married too. He dated a lot, but knew that the many girlfriends that he had dated weren't marriage material.

When he awoke the next day he smiled, as he smelt waffles. Gibbs was up and making him breakfast. He quickly got dressed and went downstairs as the waffles were just being set on the table.

"Good morning, Tony."

"Good morning, Gibbs."

They talked as they ate and Tony helped with the dishes. When they were dried and put away Gibbs asked him if he wanted to help him with the boat. He said yes they both made their way towards the basement. He remembered before when he rubbed the ribs of the boat, but he had never helped him with the boat.

"Are you sure that you want me to help? I might mess it up."

"You'll do fine, Tony." Gibbs said as he handed him a sander. He then told him how to sand and watched him for a while. "See you're doing fine." Gibbs said as he made his way to the second sander, picked it up and made his way towards the boat again.

They worked in silence for an hour and then they quit. "See you did a great job and didn't mess up once."

Tony smiled at him. "Thank you." He said as he set the sander down. They both went back upstairs and watched some T.V. then it was time for Tony to leave.

"Thank you Gibbs for yesterday. For the baseball game and the food. I had a good time. Thank you for letting me help you with your boat."

"You're welcome. Have you ever been to a professional baseball game?"

"No, I haven't. I haven't been to a professional basketball and football game either."

"Well we'll have to fix that. When it's time for basketball and football we'll have to make time and go to one."

"That sounds good. Thank you Gibbs for everything."

"You're welcome, Tony."

Tony turned and walked to his car and made his way towards his apartment. He showered and got dressed. He really did have a good time and couldn't wait to tell Abby what happened. He then sat down on the couch and turned the T.V. on. He watched one of his many DVD's.

When the movie was done he put it back into the case and then put it back. When it was dinnertime he ordered a pizza and when he was done he put the leftovers into the fridge. He would eat some of it for breakfast the next day. Abby and Tim were already back and were tired. She had called him when they got back home and would be back to work tomorrow. It was when he just stepped into his apartment. He couldn't wait because he really didn't like the new agent and the forensic scientist seemed like she was a little too attracted to him. He had tended to avoid the lab, but sometimes it wasn't possible.

---

Monday.

Tony made his way towards the bullpen and threw his backpack into its usual place and then sat down in his chair. He turned the computer on and then looked up when he heard the door ding. He saw Ziva make her way towards her own desk. Gibbs made his way towards his own desk and sat down. When the door opened out stepped Abby and Tim.

"Tony." Abby said as she ran towards her brother.

Tony smiled at his sister and got up and caught her as she launched herself to him. "Hey, Abby. I am so glad to see you." He said as he hugged his sister. Then he let her down and turned to Tim. "Hey, Tim. Good to see you too." He shook his hand. Then turned back to his sister. "I have to talk to you, Abby." He said as he turned to Gibbs.

"Sure, go ahead. I'll call you if we have a case." He watched as brother and sister made their way towards the elevator. He knew what Tony was going to tell Abby.

"Good to see both of you back." Gibbs said as he smirked.

"Good to be back, boss." Tim said as he made his way towards his desk.

---

Downstairs.

The two siblings made their way to the lab and both went to the second room of the lab. Abby smiled as she saw her brother's excitement.

"Gibbs took me to a professional baseball game and I got to work on his boat. I was afraid that I might mess it up, but I didn't. When we went to the baseball game we stuffed ourselves with hotdogs, nacho and other food."

"Seems to me like you had fun."

"Oh, I did. How was Hawaii?" He asked.

"It was fun. We even went on a few tours."

He smiled and asked where they went to on their tours, but his phone rang and it was time to go back to work.

"See you later, Tony."

"Okay, Abby Cadabby." He smiled and hugged his sister again. She too smiled at him and watched as he left the lab. She was glad that Gibbs made time out to spend time with her brother. He needed a good father figure in his life and was glad that Gibbs could give that to him.