- Text Size +
Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: The first two chapters have been written before and have decided to finish it. I have no idea where they have their cold case files and don’t even know if they actually have any cold case files.

Gone

“I have something, boss. Petty Officer Daniel Harrison was charged with murder. This was before Tony was even at NCIS. Why would he take Tony and why wait so long?”

“I don’t know McGee.” He wondered the same thing. He remembered now. It was a case that he had handled the first two weeks that Mike had left the team and put him in charge of the team. His mentor had just quit and he didn’t know what he was doing. Sure he had a good team, but it was his first time as a team leader. He had watched Franks when he was team leader and had learned some of it, but it was almost like he didn’t know what to do now that he was gone.

“Pull up the file that we have on him. We need to check everything and go back to the crime scene.”

“Sure thing, boss.” Replied McGee who went back to his computer again. “It’s a cold case file, boss. It’s downstairs.”

Gibbs nodded and got up and walked towards the elevators. When the doors slid closed after punching the right floor he stopped the elevator between floors. He sagged towards the back panel of the elevator and closed his eyes and then opened them and punched the wall. They better not lay another hand on his agent. He could still hear the pain of Tony’s voice when he said that they should put a bullet in his head. To think that Tony thought that they didn’t care about him was like a shot in the gut. He hated it that he thought that. He had also asked McGee to put a trace on the phone the next time that the kidnapper called. He then flipped the switch and waited until it traveled to his floor.

He signed the evidence out and then made his way towards the elevators again. When he walked out onto the bullpen’s floor he set the box on his desk and uncovered it. He took out everything and looked through the pictures. He had McGee scan everything even the photos and put them on the big screen. He had remembered Daniel say that he didn’t kill Petty Officer Gabriel Franklin, but he didn’t find anything to prove that he didn’t.

They drove to the crime scene and started taking pictures when they got back McGee went back to the computer and started uploading the pictures. They tried to find the differences, but since it was a long time ago they didn’t find anything new.

It took two days, but they found something that would prove that Petty Officer Daniel Harrison was innocent. All it took was a ticket that he had gotten at the exact time that he was supposed to kill Gabriel. How they had found it was that it was still at the house in a hidden room that they had found while they were in Daniel’s house. Why Daniel didn’t tell them this right then, but wanted to ask when they let him go.

McGee couldn’t trace the call the last time that Alex had called about the case because it wasn’t enough time. Maybe this time when they had information that Alex would stay on the line a little longer. The phone suddenly rang.

“Gibbs.”

“What have you found out?”

“I want to know how is my Agent.”

“First the info.”

“He’s innocent.”

“Good. Now you can have your Agent back.”

“Let me talk to him.”

“No.” He said as he hung up.

Gibbs threw down the phone and then looked at McGee who nodded no that they still hadn’t traced the call. He just hoped that he would find his Agent soon.

Gibbs was downstairs in his house working on his boat when he heard a knock at the door. He walked up the steps and made his way towards the door, but not before he grabbed his gun and looked through the peephole. He then cautiously opened the door and found a figure on the front porch. He looked around and didn’t see anybody and then put this gun away. He felt for a pulse and found one. He turned him over and found himself looking onto the face of a very bruised and battered Tony DiNozzo.

“Come on, DiNozzo. Wake up.”

He dragged Tony into the living room and placed him on the couch and then closed the door. He quickly dialed Ducky’s number.

“Ducky, I need you at my house.”

“What is it?”

“Someone dropped DiNozzo on my doorstep.”

“I’ll be right over.”