- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Please rate and review
Author's Chapter Notes:
A new year begins
"Click… click… click…"

"Tony, cut it out!" Abby shouted finally annoyed with Tony's pen clicking.

"Well sorry Abby, but I'm nervous here. That's what I do when I'm nervous."

"Why you nervous, Tony?" Kelly asked laying in the floor surrounded by crayons, a coloring book in front of her.

"Becasue, Ziva's finally coming home, we haven't seen her in three months." Tony replied. This was true. On the last day of school, the "twins" and "triplets" had walked home from school and Ziva was run down by a car. She had been in a coma for the past three months and when she finally woke up, Gibbs immedately had her released from the hospital so she could come home. Kate, Tony, Mcgee, Abby, and Kelly were all waiting for Gibbs and Ducky to come back with Ziva. Suddenly, they heard the grage door open and in walked the three they were waiting for.

"ZIVA!!!!!!!" Abby shreiked as she ran over to hug her. Ziva hugged her back just as enthusiacticly and smiled.

"I have missed you too, Abby." She replied.

After greeting her, they imediately had what Gibbs called a "team meeting".

"Why do we keep having these rediculous things, Gibbs?" Tony asked as he sat down.

"Becuase they're important." Gibbs answered. "Now, Ziva was correct in her assumption that her father has found her, because it's true."

"Oh my god." Kate said, laying a hand on Ziva's shoulder.

"What are we gonna do, Boss?" Mcgee asked.

"We're gonna do what we've been doing for the past two years. We are going to act like a father and his grandfather with a 10 year old daughter and five 15 year old adopted children."

"And when my father comes and attacks me?" Ziva asked.

"He won't." Gibbs answered simply. 

"Gibbs, someone he sent was able to find me and ran me down with a car, and you think he will not find me and attack me?"

"He was only able to find you because you had a GPS device implant, my dear. According to the doctor, you have had it for a long time." Ducky said.

"He… I… That son of a bitch!"

"Whoa, Zi, settle down." Tony said.

"No, I will not. He did this, without ke knowing, without my consent, and he didn't even tell me about it!" Ziva shouted. 

"I know Ziva." Gibbs said. "And he now has lost track of you, and he will think that we left. This is the last place he's gonna think to look. That is why you're safe." 

"I do not understand your logic." Ziva replied. "But I do trust you, Gibbs."

"Thanks, now, everyone off to bed you have school tomorrow, Ziva…"

"Gibbs if it is all the same to you I would like to go to school with the others tomorrow." Ziva said, cutting Gibbs off before he could finish what he was saying.

"Ziva, I don't think…" 

"That is a very good idea, I know, Ducky. But if I don't go, who will be there to protect them from the vicious bullies of our new high school?" 

"Fine, Ziva, you can go. Now off to bed all of you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey, can I come in?"

"Sure, Gibbs." Ziva answered as she turned around to see her boss standing at the bedroom door of her room. "What seems to be the problem?"

"The problem is with your reason as to why you want to go to school tomorrow." Gibbs answered as he went to go and sit at the foot of her bed. "I know what you said is just a cover for the real reason."

"And, you would like to know the truth?" Ziva asked.

"Yup."

"You will not understand, so what is the point?" Ziva asked as she continued to get ready for the next day. Gibbs walked over to her and layed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her.

"I won't, until you explain."

After a minute, Ziva sat down on her bed, and Gibbs sat next to her. "My father," She began, "was abusive, as you know. He put a lot of pressure on me about my grades and about school. If I messed up on a test, if I missed a day of school, he would hurt me. In my mind, if he did find me, and he saw me doing well in school and going everyday, that maybe he would not hurt me. It is stupid, I know, but…"

"It's not stupid, Ziva." Gibbs said cutting her off. He wrapped her in his arms and gently kissed her head, "It isn't stupid at all."

"Then, I am allowed to go tomorrow?" She asked, the question muffled slightly by the fabric of Gibbs' shirt.

"Yes, but if you want to come home for any reason, just call me."

"Okay, Gibbs."

After Gibbs released Ziva, he tucked her in.

"Hey, Gibbs."

"Yeah?"

"Thanks, for everything you've  done for me." Ziva said as she snuggled deeper underneth the covers.

Gibbs smiled a little and leaned down next to her. "Everything I've done for you, Ziva, is what your father should have." and with another kiss to her temple, he left her to fall asleep.
Chapter End Notes:
Please rate and review